Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Where there is smoke there is fire or so they say. So will Tarrant ask to leave or will he stay?
Where there is smoke there is some dickhead trying to make it look like fire for clicks and a clear personal agenda.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I know nobody wants to consider it, but even using an unemotional, objective lense - there is a chance players are disenfranchised and unclear of their place at the club especially those over 30.

Quite happy for it not to be the case but you can't just dismiss the idea because it was delivered by a rat syphilis soaked little wank-biscuit like Barrett.

There's a number of blokes out of contract after 2021 who'd look at who just got booted and probably know that they'll be next. Then you've got the 30+ brigade who may not fancy slogging out the next couple seasons for little chance of any type team success. Given the change in direction by the club, I think we're obligated to give the option. Hopefully they all want to stay, but a disgruntled player is of no use whatsoever.

PokerRoo

Team Captain
May 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have Zero information, and I wouldn't believe anything Damo says, but I have had a sneaky suspicion that this may be the case. We haven't heard much from him over the year. Was very close with B.Scotts and may have been put out by what happened to him. Also, seemed off for most of the year. If he genuinely doesn't want to be here then not much we can do. Get the best deal we can and move on. Also may be why we are bringing Corr in. I hope he stays, but he needs to be 100% in otherwise will cause more problems moving forward.

Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors, Arsenal FC
I have serious doubts about this. Other than Higgins, the only ones being shuffled in and out of the team every week have been either delisted or officially allowed to seek for a trade.
If you were to keep an experienced back line leader from what's left available, it would be Tarrant.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know nobody wants to consider it, but even using an unemotional, objective lense - there is a chance players are disenfranchised and unclear of their place at the club especially those over 30.

Quite happy for it not to be the case but you can't just dismiss the idea because it was delivered by a rat syphilis soaked little wank-biscuit like Barrett.
A lot of ad hom attacks on here

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Around Sunday or Monday...

"Despite reports that he wanted out, we now understand that Robbie Tarrant will stay at north with sources close to <insert publication> indicating his desire to be a one club player"

Sam Edmund said on SEN just b4 3.00 that he was going nowhere and was committed to us

No. But any reasonable media commentator wouldnt be too far off the mark suggesting Tarrant is considering his options. Barrett may have even researched his position.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In relation to Taz, that is correct per se. But Barrett has an impediment to his ability to do North research, because no-one in the club will talk to him. It's this fact that upsets him so much and makes him a malicious, vindictive, petty little bitch.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tarrant easily 3 more years at his current standard.........provide he doesn't get soft tissue injuries in the legs.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interestingly Edmund said Tarrant was unhappy with some specific elements at the club which have been addressed so likely to stay.
Wonder what the elements were.

and addressed..................could it be to do with getting rid of the perennially unavailable/underperforming/unprofessional players and support staffs?

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Could be anything really. Could be coaches, players underperforming, ball movement, not wanting to spend the rest of his career playing on gorilla forwards and wanting to be an intercept defender. He certainly looked the most frustrated I've seen him this year.

Back