Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

and addressed..................could it be to do with getting rid of the perennially unavailable/underperforming/unprofessional players and support staffs?

Or perhaps quite rightly, he wanted to know where he fit in the overall scheme of things i.e. one of the senior players we're hoping to drive us into the next generation

So why whine about 'ad hom' attacks?
Do you know what ad hom means?

I do not like Barrett one bit, but my dislike doesnt mean he cant be right. People cant see past their dislike to conclude tarrant could be considering his options because Barrett said it.

And saying there are ad hom attacks isnt a whine mate.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

TBH I thought Taz was a bit down on his usual form for long stretches of the year. It's hard to judge though, he was taking a lot more kickouts for a period, then he was shuffled around from his normal opponents a bit in order to get Ben more experience, and iirc he also had a rib injury at some point. Throw in the year, and team performances, being generally crap and I really couldn't say if he was actually at his peak still or had started to decline. Throw in his injuries and games played history and it could go either way in regards to how much longevity he has as well.

Hopefully stays, certainly wouldn't be putting much stock in anything Damo says as that man is on an epicly petulant whingeathon atm. Not overly fussed if we keep him, from a purely individual performance perspective, but I would be loathe to see him go as I think one more year of mentoring Benny McKay is key to his development. Plus it would just be outright sad to see Taz in another team's colours, he's battled hard for his career and it's been incredibly satisfying to see the heights he's managed to achieve with us.

TBH I thought Taz was a bit down on his usual form for long stretches of the year. It's hard to judge though, he was taking a lot more kickouts for a period, then he was shuffled around from his normal opponents a bit in order to get Ben more experience, and iirc he also had a rib injury at some point. Throw in the year, and team performances, being generally crap and I really couldn't say if he was actually at his peak still or had started to decline. Throw in his injuries and games played history and it could go either way in regards to how much longevity he has as well.

Hopefully stays, certainly wouldn't be putting much stock in anything Damo says as that man is on an epicly petulant whingeathon atm. Not overly fussed if we keep him, from a purely individual performance perspective, but I would be loathe to see him go as I think one more year of mentoring Benny McKay is key to his development. Plus it would just be outright sad to see Taz in another team's colours, he's battled hard for his career and it's been incredibly satisfying to see the heights he's managed to achieve with us.

I think that given the circumstances of the year, especially early, Taz performed quite well in what increasingly became a very difficult year for everyone playing down back. We should also not forget that his "partner in crime", Scotty Thompson was not there to help him out. They were a terrific team within a team and we should not forget how good a footballer, Scotty was.

The silver lining though to not having Scotty, is that at last I think we can see a real future for BMac, who really grew in confidence as the year wore on. Keep on that trajectory and we have an excellent long term key defender.

As for Barrett. I take absolutely no notice of anything that comes out of his mouth when it comes to North. He is a sad sack of a human being, who would be best employed in a factory where they produce sour cream. No need for anything else to turn it sour. Just one glance from him would do the trick.

Gee we lose Taz we lose our soul. I can live with Higgins and Brown going. Taz would be heartbreaking. If Barrett is just making this up to spite the club given some of the other rumours around I would be after his head. CarPark type assault with no holding back.
so it turns out it's untrue....i look forward to seeing damo being bashed in a carpark in the news tomorrow

My view of what potentially changed for the better for Taz:

- The development of McKay
- The signing of Aiden Corr
- The removal of below average disposers off halfback that turn it over consistently in dangerous positions

All equating to him having to carry less on his shoulders in 2021 and beyond.

Or perhaps quite rightly, he wanted to know where he fit in the overall scheme of things i.e. one of the senior players we're hoping to drive us into the next generation

He is a player for keeping. I wouldn't mind keeping him. Goldstein another. Ziebell, not so much.

Do you know what ad hom means?

I do not like Barrett one bit, but my dislike doesnt mean he cant be right. People cant see past their dislike to conclude tarrant could be considering his options because Barrett said it.

And saying there are ad hom attacks isnt a whine mate.

Not a whine? OK, so what was the actual point of this post?

A lot of ad hom attacks on here

My response was that he is deserving of ad hominem attacks (and other types), notwithstanding he might be right on occasions, because it is usual that his malice to us drives what he writes. So it's absolutely valid to attack both him and his messaging.

Sure, it's possible he's right on Tarrant, but it won't be from research sourced from the club, so it's another of his attacks on the club and I'm comfortable with posts that return serve by attacking him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a whine? OK, so what was the actual point of this post?

My response was that he is deserving of ad hominem attacks (and other types), notwithstanding he might be right on occasions, because it is usual that his malice to us drives what he writes. So it's absolutely valid to attack both him and his messaging.

Sure, it's possible he's right on Tarrant, but it won't be from research sourced from the club, so it's another of his attacks on the club and I'm comfortable with posts that return serve by attacking him.
I replied to KCs original and valid post that barrett might be right. If you took that as a need to repeatedly justify your position in multiple posts be my guest mate. Once again, making an observation we play the man a lot and discount the real and very salient point isnt a whine.

Gee we lose Taz we lose our soul. I can live with Higgins and Brown going. Taz would be heartbreaking. If Barrett is just making this up to spite the club given some of the other rumours around I would be after his head. CarPark type assault with no holding back.
F97DFEA8-8B13-4586-9947-49518FBA2FF1.gif

I replied to KCs original and valid post that barrett might be right. If you took that as a need to repeatedly justify your position in multiple posts be my guest mate. Once again, making an observation we play the man a lot and discount the real and very salient point isnt a whine.

No, you actually didn't originally post that Barrett might be right. That only came out after my first response to you.

And once again, my observation is that Barrett is the outlier and us playing the man in his case is all on him.

A tip re repetition: we all know what you think of Jed's disposal, because you keep telling us. Again and again and again and ...

No, you actually didn't originally post that Barrett might be right. That only came out after my first response to you.

And once again, my observation is that Barrett is the outlier and us playing the man in his case is all on him.

A tip re repetition: we all know what you think of Jed's disposal, because you keep telling us. Again and again and again and ...
Have a bex and a lie down mate

If this is right, and Barrett is wrong, and if I were NMFC or Robbie, I would release something saying as much. The club just can't put up with hacks like Barrett inventing things designed purely to run the club into the ground. I'd put something out there that that makes Barrett look foolish and inept. And I'd do it now. Not tomorrow. Not after breakfast. NOW!

If Edmund is wrong and Barrett is right. Then we have a problem.

If this is right, and Barrett is wrong, and if I were NMFC or Robbie, I would release something saying as much. The club just can't put up with hacks like Barrett inventing things designed purely to run the club into the ground. I'd put something out there that that makes Barrett look foolish and inept. And I'd do it now. Not tomorrow. Not after breakfast. NOW!

If Edmund is wrong and Barrett is right. Then we have a problem.
How far do we go?
Im 100% convinced Cunnington will be mentioned before too long and then Damo will start on our young guns. Do we respond to all of his BS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back