List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol tarrent
Hes leaving norf...not coming to us
Taranto apparently we sniffed extrememly hard,...mummy sniffing white line sausages hard....but we're getting caldwell instead but still maybe taranto as well...not ben brown he's going to the hawks not us,...because we cant fit him and heeney in the forward line

giphy (3).gif

Sinclair stays ffs
U blokes are off ya heads
Kent goes first

Watching players like Clark, coff, King, paton, Steele and to a lesser extent long and sincs have big leaps in their development under ratts I really wish we drafted billings now and not when we did.

Don't get me wrong he's a decent b grade player but I think if ratts had of got to him earlier he'd be the star midfielder we are crying out for.

I woudnt be surprised if he was trade bait, worthy of a first rounder that could go towards an actual A grader.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd hope not.

A very good player who Ratten today described as the player who pushed and drove the group together during the shut down period.

Cleary a very important and highly respected.

Probably would have but I'm not sure Geary will be playing in the forward pocket every week next year.
He won't. There is spots in the side for developing players to fight for and make their own next year.

But thats different then saying he could walk into our starting midfield tomorrow which is what the first poster I replied to was saying.

Exactly. All the same old media lines trotted out each year.
Jye is smart, he’s a Saints supporter after all, no way in hell he goes to that dumpster fire.
From things I have heard he is a high quality kid too. dedicated to his boxing and footy. Davis from GWS is pre
Oh dear, I feel bad for giving the kid a bad name....

it was mentioned he is moving for more opportunity and I just mentioned that we couldn’t guarantee an immediate spot in the seniors because of others like Bytel and Byrnes who are also fighting for spots, and if he did want a guarantee it’s more likely to be from the Bombers due to everyone leaving.

There is no talk about him baulking at competing for a spot, it was just something I mentioned in my post, I didn’t mean to start a bushfire, so I hope I haven’t done him a disservice and made him out to be a demanding Prima Donna, which I’m sure he’s not.

Sorry Jye 🥺

You didn't as far as i read it. It was a query nothing more.
I watch GWS every week ( I taught Zac's mother one semester at ACU so have a vested interest) and he was underwhelming except for one game. But he just has some traits that make him appealing.
Good burst from the stoppage but yes looks a touch slower than he did in the underage comps.
He still has clean hands and good vision.
Potentially, he is a clean 20 possession .5 goal a game mid but we'd need to be patient as we are with Bytel. (Gun/Jet).
Still feel he needs a mentor so Lenny leaving might be a positive for us.

Jye has a boxing background so he is not at all afraid of hard work and he was really diligent in his rehab after inj so that's another tick.

I like what he may become but he is not a midfield saviour. He will go into the mix and do the hard work to find his place.

I think he is worth a shot with our first pick and GWS are reasonable to deal with so it will get done if he wants to leave and if he choses us.
Forget the drug cheats, every other club except maybe Melb will ask the question so he will have lots of options.

He might stay though if they trade Cogs to Freo... ;)

He won't. There is spots in the side for developing players to fight for and make their own next year.

But thats different then saying he could walk into our starting midfield tomorrow which is what the first poster I replied to was saying.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't go as far as saying he's a walk in start, but if I were a betting man I'd have my money on him being there week one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre he’d choose Essendon unless their financial offer was far superior to ours
That's the only reason he would IMO.

I'm happy for us not to get into a bidding war for him. I think we are finally past that phase where we have to pay ridiculous overs to bring a player in.

Happy to give up a late first for him, but not the huge contract on top.

Doubt it's true though

Oooooo so it’s MG vs Tom Browne. I’m backing our man, surely by now with Essendon long out of the finals there’d be no reason not to announce that by now.

If he leaves then North might as well close the doors. They look to have totally mismanaged their list.

The AFL must be really worried about them.
I suspect the news about Shaw will blow an even bigger hole in their sinking ship, and I'm wondering if Blakey will be able to fix those holes and keep the good ship Kangaroos a floatin' on to live another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back