Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

If this is right, and Barrett is wrong, and if I were NMFC or Robbie, I would release something saying as much. The club just can't put up with hacks like Barrett inventing things designed purely to run the club into the ground. I'd put something out there that that makes Barrett look foolish and inept. And I'd do it now. Not tomorrow. Not after breakfast. NOW!

If Edmund is wrong and Barrett is right. Then we have a problem.
Edmund seems to be getting some very good mail recently & I suspect it's directly from the club.

The only mail Damo gets would be hate.

Edmund seems to be getting some very good mail recently & I suspect it's directly from the club.

The only mail Damo gets would be hate.

This would be a surprisingly clever tactic.

Bravo, if it's the case.

How far do we go?
Im 100% convinced Cunnington will be mentioned before too long and then Damo will start on our young guns. Do we respond to all of his BS?

The likes of Barrett and Hutchinson and Wilson and Ralph and others, are deliberately painting our club as a total joke. Whilst we're trying to attract players and supporters, they are intentionally portraying us an utter shambles in complete disarray that no player would want to play for and no supporter would pay two cents on. We may dismiss them - others don't.

I'm not saying that Buckley, Amarfio, Rawlings or Shaw should come of the long run and totally blast these idiots. But if the Tarrant story is straight-out wrong then come out almost straight away and emphatically say it's wrong. Call them out. Let them know that death-riding us is not on. Keeping silent implies some truth, and perpetuates the LOL Norf/Should go to Tassie image we have.

On the other hand, maybe Tarrant is cheesed off and is thinking of packing up.

This would be a surprisingly clever tactic.

Bravo, if it's the case.
It is.

Undermine a media negative mouthpieces credibility via his peers.

Shrewd operation and I expect to see more.

I know nobody wants to consider it, but even using an unemotional, objective lense - there is a chance players are disenfranchised and unclear of their place at the club especially those over 30.

Quite happy for it not to be the case but you can't just dismiss the idea because it was delivered by a rat syphilis soaked little wank-biscuit like Barrett.
I gather you don't like Barrett

Now other news agency's are flouting Damien Barrett's "information" :mad:

Robbie Tarrant weighing up future and a potential move away from North
One of the AFL’s most underrated star defender’s is reportedly weighing up his future as one club’s turmoil goes from bad to worse.

OCTOBER 8, 20204:58PM

All eyes may be focused on Essendon and the key name players who continue to put their hands up for trade.
But they’re not the only Victorian club facing a monstrous change to their playing list following a nightmare 2020.

North Melbourne faired far worse this season compared to Essendon and have already pulled the trigger on a number of big moves.

A culling of 11 players was followed by full forward Ben Brown’s time coming to an end, with midfielder Shaun Higgins effectively out the door and looking set to land in Geelong.

Star ruckman Todd Goldstein was reportedly eyeing a move away, but shut down those rumours when he said he wanted to be a one-club player.

Reports also emerged that Jared Polec was told to consider a future away from the club following a season of up and down form.

But now another star player of the league is reportedly considering his own future and weighing up whether or not to move on.

Defender Robbie Tarrant is reportedly considering his options, despite being under contract for the 2021 season.

“Robbie Tarrant, while contracted for 2021, is another North Melbourne player considering a future that may not involve North Melbourne,” Damian Barrett said on AFL Media’s Footy Feed.

“The default position is the contract for 2021, that’s going to be something the club can hold him to, and deep down I think that’s how it plays out, that he does stay a Roo.

“But I can tell you for a fact that he is considering his footy future right now.”

Tarrant joined North Melbourne back in 2007 when he was picked up in the first round of the draft, but he didn’t make his debut until 2010. He has played a total of 164 games.

And there it is. On the competition's own website, regurgitated by their FTA broadcaster. Speculation that our VC wants out. It'll spread like COVID until North and/or Tarrant do something about it. And the longer we do, then the broader it spreads. And by which time it won't matter that he stays. The perception is that we have a senior player who is unhappy with the direction of the club and doesn't really want to be there but is tied to his contract. I mean, who'd want to play at Norf?

I'll say it again, if this is rubbish, NMFC need to shut it down.

And there it is. On the competition own website, regurgitated by their FTA broadcaster. Speculation that our VC wants out. It'll spread like COVID until North and/or Tarrant do something about it. And the longer we do, then the broader it spread. And by which time it won't matter that he stays. The perception is that we have a senior player who is unhappy with the direction of the club and doesn't really want to be there.

I'll say it again, if this is rubbish, NMFC need to shut it down.

Welcome to the age of internet hits.

Please exit through the gift shop.

Taz is not a great player but he is a player everyone respects. Max Hudghton was a similar sort, a player that every opposition supporter wishes played for their club. Losing Taz is a risk as we then have a backline that could get seriously toweled up every week and we supporters need something to hang our hats on, especially after a loss or a series of losses. Taz was that this year as was the modern reincarnation of David Ackerley in the back pocket and Goldie.

If he goes I suggest we help Collingwood with their salary cap issues and take Mooore, Crisp and Howe off their hands.

Interestingly Edmund said Tarrant was unhappy with some specific elements at the club which have been addressed so likely to stay.
Wonder what the elements were.
starts with the letter J?..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taz is not a great player but he is a player everyone respects. Max Hudghton was a similar sort, a player that every opposition supporter wishes played for their club. Losing Taz is a risk as we then have a backline that could get seriously toweled up every week and we supporters need something to hang our hats on, especially after a loss or a series of losses. Taz was that this year as was the modern reincarnation of David Ackerley in the back pocket and Goldie.

If he goes I suggest we help Collingwood with their salary cap issues and take Mooore, Crisp and Howe off their hands.

Taz is not a great player?

Wat?

"I am glad the club stuck by me and gave me a chance to get my body right. I am really grateful for that."
"I love the club and will probably never be able to repay the club for what it has done for me."

I will take Robbie at his word as I can't see any reason why I shouldn't.

"I am glad the club stuck by me and gave me a chance to get my body right. I am really grateful for that."
"I love the club and will probably never be able to repay the club for what it has done for me."

I will take Robbie at his word as I can't see any reason why I shouldn't.

The following is the most informative sentance of the whole story as it illustrates how little barret respects the meaning of "fact".
“But I can tell you for a fact that he is considering his footy future right now.”

Regardless of what Barrett says, it's a huge test for the Club. I'm a fan of the new direction we're taking, but it has to be measured and nuanced. 12 months ago, I would have said Taz, Cunners, BBB and Goldy were our standout fabric players. All top line performers who were unquestionably best 22 and who embodied the spirit of the joint. Today, one's apparently gone and question marks over a couple more. We know what happened to Fitzroy soon after the likes of Pert, Osborne, Blakey and Roos, all fabric players, left that Club in the early 90's. You erode the fabric of your Club then be prepared to pay the price.

Last edited:
Similar to Max Houghton?

Good grief, that's underselling Taz massively.
You on the good gear mate? fu**
Taz is a better player than Max but my comment was meant to be more about what these two players meant to supporters. Max played in some poor StKilda sides and played on much bigger players but never gave an inch. Taz is similar player that was a shining light this year, a year where we needed a shinning light.

I don't want him to go unless we get something enormous for him

Regardless of what Barrett says, it's a huge test for the Club. I'm a fan of the new direction we're taking, but it has to be measured and nuanced. 12 months ago, I would have said Taz, Cunners, BBB and Goldy were our standout fabric players. All top line performers who were unquestionably best 22 and who embodied the spirit of the joint. Today, one's apparently gone and question marks over a couple more. We know what happened to Fitzroy soon after the likes of Pert, Osborne, Blakely and Roos, all fabric players, left that Club in the early 90's. You erode the fabric of your Club then be prepared to pay the price.
As an old Fitzroy supporter can I say that this comment summaries my fumbling around the issue of letting Taz go.

Regardless of what Barrett says, it's a huge test for the Club. I'm a fan of the new direction we're taking, but it has to be measured and nuanced. 12 months ago, I would have said Taz, Cunners, BBB and Goldy were our standout fabric players. All top line performers who were unquestionably best 22 and who embodied the spirit of the joint. Today, one's apparently gone and question marks over a couple more. We know what happened to Fitzroy soon after the likes of Pert, Osborne, Blakey and Roos, all fabric players, left that Club in the early 90's. You erode the fabric of your Club then be prepared to pay the price.

Hopefully the fabric of our 151 year old club is stronger then the current player list

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back