Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"They are asking the question of some big, big...AND, some big, big names are asking the question of them. They are a destination club." Garry Lyon

So good. Big name players approaching us and wanting to commit before they miss their chance.

I reckon that's why Williams and Saad nominated us so early...it guarantees that they have our commitment to bring them in and account them in our cap space before we potentially moved on to other targets instead if they dragged their decision on too long.

They didn't want to miss out on us!

I'd like to direct you to one of OR's posts from last year's trade period :)

You’re entitled to your opinion.
Perhaps things are different this year for a reason.

I hope I didn’t offend anyone in the way I came across.

Just an observation I have made over the past few years.

For our sake I hope you’re proven right KC. I’m certainly hoping for it as hard as anyone :thumbsu:

"They are asking the question of some big, big...AND, some big, big names are asking the question of them. They are a destination club." Garry Lyon​

Last edited:
Interesting comment from Lyons that players are interested in joining partly because of Teague.

Not sure it was just a throw away line. Perhaps we’ve got a genuinely good coach on our hands, and we haven’t seen much yet.

Our style at the back half of 2019 and pre-season was far more clinical than we showed across much of this year. Hopefully he gets some far better results with some continuity in training and a couple more critical pieces in place around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard we are well and truly considering picking up Saad in the PSD. We will not overpay.

Club keen to stay in the top 10. Future first on the table too. Going all out
We aren't done just yet.

A Gun vic club mid who is still featuring in finals is on our radar and his keen.

Exciting times ahead

Both parties cooled their jets on the offer.

You can imagine it. Jack is thinking role, game time, a juicy contract. Fair enough.

His manager says “We’ve got a real opportunity to go North, mate, I think you should consider it”

Jack thinks... oooh, here we go.

”How far north exactly? Swans are young, could do with a mid size forward! Is it GWS? They’re losing some fellas, would have some cash. Could play finals!”

“No, Jack, North.”

”Oh I got ya. The Suns. I love the GC! How good would it be to play with Rankine and Rowell and stuff!”

”NORTH!”

”Brissie? Are you kidding me? They could win the flag! That’d be amazing! I’m in!”

”North MELBOURNE, Jack! The Roos.”

”Get the * away from me. You’re fired.”

So good. Big name players approaching us and wanting to commit before they miss their chance.

I reckon that's why Williams and Saad nominated us so early...it guarantees that they have our commitment to bring them in and account them in our cap space before we potentially moved on to other targets instead if they dragged their decision on too long.

They didn't want to miss out on us!

Interesting comment from Lyons that players are interested in joining partly because of Teague.

Not sure it was just a throw away line. Perhaps we’ve got a genuinely good coach on our hands, and we haven’t seen much yet.

Our style at the back half of 2019 and pre-season was far more clinical than we showed across much of this year. Hopefully he gets some far better results with some continuity in training and a couple more critical pieces in place around the ground.
I think he's a really great leader that the players love and want to do well for. I don't think he's a great tactician, yet, and needs an assistant that wi help him develop that. Hopefully we can get one over the off season. More likely we'll make barker head of gameplans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back