Toast Farewell and thank you, James Frawley, a premiership hero

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably could have played on and contributed next year but I guess it's better to call time now rather than falling of the cliff and struggling.

Seems like he and the club could see the edge and stopped 10 meters in front.

Was a great servant and since 2012 with lake and Frawley we have had the gorilla defender we craved after losing Croad.

Hopefully kosi and Hartley can step up.

Congratulations on a stellar career and thanks for everything Chip.

Was an integral part of our side completing that threepeat, even if he was only there for the tail end.

Always held his own and was rarely shown up, massively underrated player.

All the best in life post football and hopefully Sonny ends up being a ripper in the brown and gold one day.

A player who was really only noticed when he wasn't in the team and you looked for someone else to do the 1%ers that were his trademark and they weren't there.

He's given us great service and I wish him all the best in retirement.

Im a little surprised by this.
Did Chip decide or did the club decide it for him?
I suspect Chip and his body played a big part in it...

Thank you Chip & congrats on a great career.
Plus thanks for playing the 100 games with us so if Sonny becomes a gun we at least get dibs on him too.

Massive loss for us, it will be tough to find even a comparable 2020 version of Chip on the list in 2021.

Was a brilliant, fast and at times undersized fullback. He wasn't a great kick, but he learned to play around it.

So under estimated even on our own board, despite him taking Buddy to the cleaners over and over (and most of the games other big forwards too).

Big contributor, and got to 100 to give us dibs on whatever offspring he has?

Im a little surprised by this.
Did Chip decide or did the club decide it for him?

Me too, thought he had one more year left, even if managed. Wonder whether the club has some insight on the new list sizes.

Anyway, all the best Chip. 100 games and a premiership hero !!

Spud would be so proud of what his nephew achieved and his contribution to the footy community Thank you guys for looking after Chip. . Thank you for giving him something that he would never have gotten at the Dees, a Premiership .

Enjoy your retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard part of an sen interview with Chip earlier today. Was asked if he would do a Hodge or Mitchell and play on elsewhere...certainly sounded like he would consider it.
On the list off the list since the Gold Coast game until finalised as a no this week. Ready to go elsewhere, not sure why the club pretend it’s a one sided voluntary decision.

On the list off the list since the Gold Coast game until finalised as a no this week. Ready to go elsewhere, not sure why the club pretend it’s a one sided voluntary decision.
I am a little surprised that the club is letting him go.

I am not sure who on out list we can rely on now to play on the big 6 foot 6, 100kg plus power forwards now (especially with Sicily injured).

Lets not forget that before Frawley (and Lake before him) we used to really struggle with defending these types of players (poor Schoey used to cop it from memory when played out of position as a Key Back)

Regardless he has had a great 100 games at the Hawks and will be missed.

Heard part of an sen interview with Chip earlier today. Was asked if he would do a Hodge or Mitchell and play on elsewhere...certainly sounded like he would consider it.
Yes that is correct.

Sounds like you might be right. Rats trying to get him at the saints.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Strange move if he goes to the saints. Wouldn’t they have to trade for him? Does that mean we pushed him into retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back