Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim looking to fight again before Christmas in Sydney for some reason wont be for the world title

Names linked to from most likely to least likely opponent seem to be

Dennis hogan who at one point was a team mate of horn 28-3

Michael zeraffa

And lastly Daniel Lewis who apparently beat Tim in an amateur fight
Lewis is risky and no upside, people don't know who he is...
Hogan, Horns training partner has a bit of an angle to it. Recently fought up a weight class for a title and was robbed in a title fight prior to that against Munguia. Good option
Zeraffa, easiest fight and most well known to fans. Has a win over Horn so can be sold as a really tough fight despite the other 2 being tougher.

I thought Texeira could happen here before years end? What changed?

Eubank Jnr currently calling EVERYONE out so if he’s ignored perhaps Tim could make some noise there? 🤔

Lewis is risky and no upside, people don't know who he is...
Hogan, Horns training partner has a bit of an angle to it. Recently fought up a weight class for a title and was robbed in a title fight prior to that against Munguia. Good option
Zeraffa, easiest fight and most well known to fans. Has a win over Horn so can be sold as a really tough fight despite the other 2 being tougher.

I thought Texeira could happen here before years end? What changed?
They say boxing politics it’s in an article from today

Fantastic weekend of boxing

Charlo's, Taylor, Briedis/KO Doctor, Nery, Roman. For the gamblers -

Charlo multi
Taylor KO, 7-12
Fig to KO Vazquez
Nery early finish
Charlo to KO Sergiy Derevyanchenko at long odds. SD gets hit more than anyone in the weight class, has had a tough last 36 rounds.

Eubank Jnr currently calling EVERYONE out so if he’s ignored perhaps Tim could make some noise there? 🤔

Too early for Tim to go barking up that tree Buddh. Not worth the risk/loss factor. Eubank is good and Tim still has a ladder to climb. Too early to risk going down a few notches.

Zerafa's camp turned down a fight with Tzyu because they weren't offered enough. First thought was take the fight and knock off the new boy who has emerged, which will then open up more doors. But second thoughts why would it? Tim is the '' new '' face of Aussie boxing if you will and the money is already s**t. Zerafa knocked off Geoff Horn once already and the second fight didnt offer much. Zerafa was then denied a shot at big dollars fighting in Japan due to the rematch which Orn wanted and rightfuly so.

Aussie boxing gives * all money these days. The only money you will make is overseas. Or unless you're not a '' real '' boxer and your name is Paul Gallen vs Barry Hall ( no disrespect ) those bouts by seperate promoters can give bigger purses.

Zerafa's camp turned down a fight with Tzyu because they weren't offered enough. First thought was take the fight and knock off the new boy who has emerged, which will then open up more doors. But second thoughts why would it? Tim is the '' new '' face of Aussie boxing if you will and the money is already sh*t. Zerafa knocked off Geoff Horn once already and the second fight didnt offer much. Zerafa was then denied a shot at big dollars fighting in Japan due to the rematch which Orn wanted and rightfuly so.

Aussie boxing gives fu** all money these days. The only money you will make is overseas. Or unless you're not a '' real '' boxer and your name is Paul Gallen vs Barry Hall ( no disrespect ) those bouts by seperate promoters can give bigger purses.
Barry Hall v Mike Tyson.

Tim has his next fight bloke is 21-1 but looks like he’s been beating cans
Local tune up fight that builds his local fanbase at the same time. Makes sense in Covid world. Fight after that should be a contender fight, hopefully in front of a huge Aussie crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a letdown though when they were talking Zerafa, Hogan, Texiera etc. Oh well

If they really wanted to build his fan base they'd get this on FTA for a night rather than PPV. No one is paying $50 for it

Bit of a letdown though when they were talking Zerafa, Hogan, Texiera etc. Oh well

If they really wanted to build his fan base they'd get this on FTA for a night rather than PPV. No one is paying $50 for it
$50 is bullshit. Is there a full card yet?

Doubt it but it will be limited to regional fighters. Brock Jarvis maybe on the card or people of that ilk? Cant see much but never know

Parker v Fa in NZ is a good fight that got announced. Better than Parker v Browne as was rumoured
Can’t Understand why Browne is still going around really. Whyte demolished him & Parker would do the same.
Bloke needs to lay off the pints & pies.

Tim Tzsyu is fighting Adonis Creed. Can't wait. Should make weight easily ol Timmy.

WHEN IS LOMACHENKO VS LOPEZ?
The fight will be held on Saturday, October 17 in the US, which works out to be Sunday, October 18 in Australia.

HOW TO WATCH LOMACHENKO-LOPEZ IN AUSTRALIA?
In great news for fight fans, the bout will be shown on Fox Sports, Channel 507, meaning it's not a Pay Per View.

Kayo will also broadcast the fight. Sign up for your FREE 14-day trial here.

Can't say how much I'm looking forward to Loma v Lopez this weekend. So few collective fights between them, but so much to be genuinely excited about.

The fact that the fight doesn't cost extra via PPV is a small mercy in these shitful times.

Loma is the matador. Hard to think that he won't have too many tricks for Lopez.

And yet he's not impossible to hit, he can be put down, and Lopez has the tools to do some real damage.

Result? I'll go with my head and with the crowd, which thinks that Loma wins a comfortable decision. But if Lopez can bring a sophisticated and non-stop attack, then the possibility of Loma being stopped isn't far-fetched.

Can't say how much I'm looking forward to Loma v Lopez this weekend. So few collective fights between them, but so much to be genuinely excited about.

The fact that the fight doesn't cost extra via PPV is a small mercy in these shitful times.

Loma is the matador. Hard to think that he won't have too many tricks for Lopez.

And yet he's not impossible to hit, he can be put down, and Lopez has the tools to do some real damage.

Result? I'll go with my head and with the crowd, which thinks that Loma wins a comfortable decision. But if Lopez can bring a sophisticated and non-stop attack, then the possibility of Loma being stopped isn't far-fetched.
One problem Loma has is the weight. He should be at 126. Big difference coming up against a bigger guy and he's been knocked down at this weight before. He just doesn't look the same at 135 (but obviously still great). Teo will make this closer than the crowd think imo. Really looking forward to it and a great fight that isn't a PPV for a change!

One problem Loma has is the weight. He should be at 126. Big difference coming up against a bigger guy and he's been knocked down at this weight before. He just doesn't look the same at 135 (but obviously still great). Teo will make this closer than the crowd think imo. Really looking forward to it and a great fight that isn't a PPV for a change!

I think that Loma's footwork has held up well enough at lightweight, but you're right that the strength and power of Lopez is a big weapon. If he can land shots, get some momentum early on, then Loma might start looking his age.

Lomachenko needs to go in favourite, but a Lopez win would be far from a massive upset.

I'm still stunned that it isn't PPV. My Grandpa is an old fan, and when I think about the amount of money we've spent paying for so many dud fights on his Foxtel, it staggers me that he'll only need to switch on the TV on Sunday to watch this sort of contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back