Autopsy AFL 2020 Second Semi Final - Tigers v Saints Fri October 9th 7:50pm AEDT/6:50 AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 17.9%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Onto next week,hope our players get a nice rest because they will need every inch of stamina for next week’s game.

Proud to be a Tiger no matter what happens from here on in.

Proved our club can win away from the G and also win without 90k Tigers which everyone thought was a huge advantage,this team has now proven they are a great team.

Still more in the future to come I feel.

Cotchin's a gentlemanly oppressor who does it all without a hair out of place. A formidable illusion.

Lynch hasn't done anything all year that was worth a second glance. He's literally Mother Teresa compared to his Gold Coast days. Are the media that hard up for a story?

Cotchin got such a bad rap after that final against NM in 2015 where he was tagged out of the game and only had 1 tackle. He's done everything possible to turn that bad stigma around and show he's a leader and a good, hard at it player.

I still fondly remember that final against GWS in 2017 and how everyone cheered him off as he came to the bench in the 3rd qtr, and he's only continued that form since.

I too once considered him soft, but he's been anything but soft for the last 3+ years now.

If anything, now he leads by example being tough at the contest. Wonderful turnaround for him.

Cotchin got such a bad rap after that final against NM in 2015 where he was tagged out of the game and only had 1 tackle. He's done everything possible to turn that bad stigma around and show he's a leader and a good, hard at it player.

I still fondly remember that final against GWS in 2017 and how everyone cheered him off as he came to the bench in the 3rd qtr, and he's only continued that form since.

I too once considered him soft, but he's been anything but soft for the last 3+ years now.
I have no doubt that the Trent Cotchin of 2017 onward would reduce the North mids of 2015 to tears

Despite his Brownlow he is not among the modern greats, or even the next rung down. But he has developed into an imposing leader after the captaincy almost crushed him. Took on the job when Richmond had played finals twice in 29 years and has since led us to 7 of 9 finals series. The right man at the right time.

Was disappointed that he wasn't recognised for breaking Perce Bentley's club games record tonight, set in 1940. A far cry from the fanfare Pendlebury received recently when breaking Buckley's club record.

If anything, now he leads by example being tough at the contest. Wonderful turnaround for him.

Bullied by many a team back then,the butt of jokes,now turned it around and noone likes it.

Well Captain coathanger gets another week of playing, they will need to step it up vs port but might well do it.

Some cheap shots but we lost it with our kicking, no point in bringing it up or the early umpiring really, grats tigers. Happy with our year and so ******* glad we have Ratts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Captain coathanger gets another week of playing, they will need to step it up vs port but might well do it.

Some cheap shots but we lost it with our kicking, no point in bringing it up or the early umpiring really, grats tigers. Happy with our year and so ******* glad we have Ratts
Well you did bring them up & made it clear haha.
Bad luck tonight. Alot went right for us. Saints had a fantastic year so hold your head up high.
Port at AO will be a massive mountain to overcome but sometimes that 2nd week off in a month works against the top sides. Wishful thinking but definitely a chance if we bring our best.

a big mentality change from cotchin was the catalyst. at that point he really was trying to be a 35+ get all the 1-2s outside type. as weird as it sounds he was trying so hard to go everywhere and get the ball that in the end he was just getting lost and he had become so outside that he was easy to shut down. in 2017 he changed to just be see ball get ball and turned himself into a wrecking ball, and his impact has doubled while his possession count has gone down.

he was never that outside type because he was never quick, he was always an inside player its just that pre 2013 knee injury he was able to evade out of the contest and get into space. even tonight you saw him make instant great decisions in heavy traffic but get caught a few times in open space.

also he was made captain way too young, which probably contributed to why he went away from his natural game so much. its why im nervous any time i hear a club talking about making a 22-23 year old captain.

Will next week be Reiwoldt and Cotchin's last game? Time for a Tiger rebuild?
We are already rebuilding
Baker , Balta , Bolton , Stack , Turner , Ralph-Smith , RCD , CCJ , Martyn , Dow , Biggy , Naish

They are all learning the Richmond way and most already have a VFL flag to their name

a big mentality change from cotchin was the catalyst. at that point he really was trying to be a 35+ get all the 1-2s outside type. as weird as it sounds he was trying so hard to go everywhere and get the ball that in the end he was just getting lost and he had become so outside that he was easy to shut down. in 2017 he changed to just be see ball get ball and turned himself into a wrecking ball, and his impact has doubled while his possession count has gone down.

he was never that outside type because he was never quick, he was always an inside player its just that pre 2013 knee injury he was able to evade out of the contest and get into space. even tonight you saw him make instant great decisions in heavy traffic but get caught a few times in open space.

also he was made captain way too young, which probably contributed to why he went away from his natural game so much. its why im nervous any time i hear a club talking about making a 22-23 year old captain.

Admitted himself he was trying to be what others expected him to be. Yeah, he was pushed into the leadership too young. Jack Dyer spoke with reverence about Allan Geddes as an ironman; he took on the captaincy very young and was forced to hand it back because the burden was too great.

Someone said recently there's very little difference in personality between he and Dusty. They just look different.

Good call. Interesting to see how you go next year. Went from bottom 6 to top 8 but can you bridge to top 4. That's the hardest jump.
Well if Geelong win tomorrow I think that means we finish 5th, and if we didn't botch so many shots tonight and be robbed of a goal we did look to kick, we could have been top four this year- and that's despite the fact we were missing 3 of our most important players (Ryder, Gresham and Carlisle), plus another best 22 in Long, while Richmond were at full strength (?).

So it's not like we were miles off it.

There's a big difference between 8th and 5th/6th. It means you've won a final.

Last edited:
It's just human nature to support the underdogs, and I too was hoping to see Saints do well tonight, but you gotta give Richmond credit. They're a very good side.

People went on about Brisbane being inaccurate in previous games against Richmond, but that's really more of a case of Richmond's great defending/manic pressure forcing them to miss. Same for the Saints tonight.

Richmond looked a fair way off their best, and still won comfortably. I never felt Saints were mounting a real comeback at any point.

I think many opposition supporters are salty as hell that Richmond have become a top side. 3 years after they won their first flag in many years and oppo supporters still can't/won't accept that they're not Premiershipmond any more. Every side, at their absolute best, have been well beaten by Richmond now. There's always excuses though "Lynch is dirty" "faux tough guy Cotchin" "assy goals" "Dusty overrated". I thought all of that talk should've been put to bed in 2019.

I get that it's frustrating that Richmond get to play the game on their terms time and time again, but shouldn't you credit them for their winning formula rather than being down on every side that can't seem to overcome it?

EDIT: The whole ninethmond thing was repeated so goddamn much that mods have had to auto-edit calling them that. They've well and truly shed that moniker.
Why have i never seen your posts before , I usually hate most pies supporters due to their Bias but you SIR are a breath of fresh air and know your football
I congratulate you for your great posting. Can i interest you in trading that white for a yellow sash

Back