How many weeks for cotchin's dangerous tackle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if Lindsay Thomas or Hayden Ballantyne did what Cotchin did. The AFL media machine would have them executed.

They replayed it immediately and the commentary box went dead silent. Torn between their usual need to crucify anyone over a reportable offence, and the fact that if you're a channel 7 good bloke you can do no wrong.

Made worse in my opinion because the whistle had gone and play had stopped.. Jones wasn't resisting and so got ragdolled even worse. Dirty act to try and inflict a bit of pain, but had the potential to do serious damage.
So, the dogs player who did the exact same thing to will day a few weeks ago should have been done too?
Precedent set

So, the dogs player who did the exact same thing to will day a few weeks ago should have been done too?
Precedent set

Haven't seen it, and the AFL MRO and tribunal are too stupid to understand the concept of precedent.

Chrisso just spins a wheel when an incident comes up, then applies the usual discount for "big name" players or adds an extra week if they dont play for a big club.

For those likening Cotchin's conduct to Long, notice how Cotchin didn't bump.

Cotchin maybe but I really don't think that they will suspend Lynch for that. It was a low impact contact.
There was nothing in the Lynch one no problem with that but cotchins would be borderline suspension in general play but the fact he did it after the whistle and play had stopped also the fact it was a high sling tackle it’s really a joke if he doesn’t get at least a week

Made worse in my opinion because the whistle had gone and play had stopped.. Jones wasn't resisting and so got ragdolled even worse. Dirty act to try and inflict a bit of pain, but had the potential to do serious damage.
Yeah. He did not stop once he got him high. Once he gave it away, he followed through then smiled.

Lynch had no eyes for the ball and took out Paton with an elbow to the back of the head and split it open

Could have kept his arms up to mark or spoil but he dropped his left arm, bent it and took out the back of Patons head instead with the point of his elbow

No intention to play the ball every intention to take Paton out

Just because the Selwoods and Shueys of the world have made everyone forget what a real high tackle is, doesn’t mean that tackle was any more than high. Dangerous tackles are in relation to dumping players in positions that could cause concussion/neck injuries. Cotchins face massage is a normal high tackle, put your pick forks and torches away!

He split his head open and Paton's head and face were splattered in blood and he had to go off for treatment

No eyes for the ball just intent to take Paton out with an elbow to the head

Cant remember Long splitting Macrae's chin open

At the very minimum Medium impact
You are a joke. High ball, Lynch running at speed towards it with a St Kilda nobody coming in sideways. Clearly going for the ball.

I could argue the St Kilda nobody was tunnelling Lynch, but I’m not a fwit.
29A6B211-70F9-4BBC-BA5D-68CFF9111A34.jpeg 69F0A078-C0EB-49D6-A2A0-1873F2FB00B5.png D92B1934-FEC0-4B36-9CA7-26FF50918917.png CCC07B96-E26D-422C-88FA-3D3A51AD195E.png 9BDE5DD7-A6E9-4F59-91B6-A316E34A7370.png

Attachments

• A18194F1-783B-46D9-9D11-A4EA76D49141.png
    A18194F1-783B-46D9-9D11-A4EA76D49141.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 39
Just because the Selwoods and Shueys of the world have made everyone forget what a real high tackle is, doesn’t mean that tackle was any more than high. Dangerous tackles are in relation to dumping players in positions that could cause concussion/neck injuries. Cotchins face massage is a normal high tackle, put your pick forks and torches away!
He grabbed his head and sling tackled him aftet the play had been called dead

Most dangerous tackle i have seen all year

Complete dog act

Lynch had no eyes for the ball and split Paton's head open with his elbow and Paton had to go off for treatment cause his head was splattered in blood

Careless Conduct
High contact
Medium Impact

Not too mention potential to cause serious injury

Should get at least 1 or 2 weeks for a complete dog act
Didn't even get paid a free kick.

Bizarre officiating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch had no eyes for the ball and took out Paton with an elbow to the back of the head and split it open

Could have kept his arms up to mark or spoil but he dropped his left arm, bent it and took out the back of Patons head instead with the point of his elbow

No intention to play the ball every intention to take Paton out

Ignores the contact from the St Kilda player.

You are a joke. High ball, Lynch running at speed towards it with a St Kilda nobody coming in sideways. Clearly going for the ball.

View attachment 981637View attachment 981638View attachment 981639View attachment 981640View attachment 981641

Thought it was bit rich blaming Lynch when the St Kilda team mate was all over him with no intention for the ball.

View attachment 981637View attachment 981638View attachment 981639View attachment 981640View attachment 981641
Cheers knuckles - the last photo frame clearly shows Lynch with no eyes for the ball and him caving in the back of Patons head with a cocked elbow :thumbsu:

I thought at the time with Cotchins it should have been a 50m. I didnt think was reportable but in retrospect probably a 50-50 call for a week off. Lynch on Patton should have been a free, lead to great goal by Bolton (AFL need to check he is not part rubber- his potential is huge) as for Lynch's other act and previous similar cheapshots - I dont think he is going to enjoy the Boos for the rest of his career when the crowds come back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back