Autopsy AFL 2020 First Semi Final - Cats v Pies Sat October 10th 7:40pm/6:40 AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daicos is a major worry. He was fantastic on the weekend and looks like a proper player.
I love it when the father-sons really come through on the promise.
Wait until you see his brother

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm really looking forward to this one.
I have absolutely no idea who is going to win, not even a a vibe. Easy to make a case for or against both teams.

Geelong have been strangely unimpressive of late but their best is good enough to beat anyone. They are perhaps a little more even than Collingwood but again, when they're up and about the Pie can match it with anyone.

Last night was never going to be a fair fight once St Kilda lost a few or their best. I think Ratten is one of the smartest match day coaches there is and was super impressed how they fought back after half time but it still never felt close.
Hope this one is tight, hard and close.

jsdsgn

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lakers
Looking forward to this one.
Last week I was bracing for impact but it never came.
Wouldnt say Im feeling confident - we could be up by 30 vs Geelong and I wouldnt be confident, they are the comeback kings.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Geelong should probably win this IMO. They’re too professional to go out in straight sets. However, if there is anyone who can do that to them, it’s Collingwood. You just can’t rule Collingwood out with these type of games. They know how to perform in all stages of finals bar the Grand Final. They also have a Miami Heat feel about them for some reason.

Either way, I’m excited for this game. Probably the most exciting SF match-up in a long time

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong should probably win this IMO. They’re too professional to go out in straight sets. However, if there is anyone who can do that to them, it’s Collingwood. You just can’t rule Collingwood out with these type of games. They know how to perform in all stages of finals bar the Grand Final. They also have a Miami Heat feel about them for some reason.

Either way, I’m excited for this game. Probably the most exciting SF match-up in a long time

I thought we played better against Collingwood and luck didn't go our way, though they were solid (we probably dominated 2/3rds of the game) and took it up to us. They seem to match up well against the Cats, so while I think the Cats will win as they usually do in SFs, it should be an entertaining game.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
As much as I would love the Pies to win I just feel mentally it will be too much after last weeks nailbiter. However momentum in finals is huge as we have seen with the dogs (16) & Giants last year.
One thing I am NOT looking forward to is another ridicules unwatchable clash of jumpers!
Won’t be a clash. Geelong mostly white and collingwood mostly black

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Usually the chasm between the top four and the rest of the eight is too great however in this case it's not. Collingwood are much better than their ladder position and as you stated perform well in finals. I think the pies will get up.

Mateo

Draftee
Aug 7, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Last week everyone was laughing at the Pies even making the playoffs. My what a difference a week makes. Cats 69 - 53...

happy punter

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2009

Who would you say is the Jimmy Butler of the Magpies?

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
In some ways would rather lose this week than next or even worse the GF. A loss to the cats is bearable, losing to Brisbane or Richmond , to a lesser extent port would be soul destroying. We are good enough to beat anyone but couldn't win 4 in a row.

Back