Will the Tim Kelly trade go down as one of the worst ever ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure I said it a lot when people were talking about him coming home, search it.
I'm sure he will as he has nothing better to do on a Saturday than search through your previous posting history.:thumbsu:

2019 AA shows he was rated.

2020 didn't reach those heights but still has a lot of time to prove his worth in that trade.

My opinion is that we overpaid but I'm still glad we got him.

I'm sure he will as he has nothing better to do on a Saturday than search through your previous posting history.:thumbsu:

2019 AA shows he was rated.

2020 didn't reach those heights but still has a lot of time to prove his worth in that trade.

My opinion is that we overpaid but I'm still glad we got him.
Would take like a whole minute and he made the claim.

Said it all along hes not that great and have been vindicated so far.

Yep , we’ve already seen the best of kelly and that was at Geelong.
Like hill at the saints the blokes just happy to be collecting his retirement fund

I don't need to search Kram's posting history. His word is good. For a Liberal voter obvs.

But it's not Kram vs the world. If you go back to the 2019 version of 'who are the top 10 midfielders in the game?' discussion plenty of people had Tim Kelly in their lists. Plenty of Geelong fans were adamant he was their best mid. Where have all those people gone?

I don't need to search Kram's posting history. His word is good. For a Liberal voter obvs.

But it's not Kram vs the world. If you go back to the 2019 version of 'who are the top 10 midfielders in the game?' discussion plenty of people had Tim Kelly in their lists. Plenty of Geelong fans were adamant he was their best mid. Where have all those people gone?

I didn't watch the Eagles final, but I'm guessing as this thread is on the front page once again, Kelly had a quiet game?

Embarrassing the kneejerk bullshit that gets thrown around on this forum. Kelly is a classy top quality mid that walks into any side in the competition, Eagles supporters should be very happy to have him in their colours.

I didn't watch the Eagles final, but I'm guessing as this thread is on the front page once again, Kelly had a quiet game?

Embarrassing the kneejerk bullshit that gets thrown around on this forum. Kelly is a classy top quality mid that walks into any side in the competition, Eagles supporters should be very happy to have him in their colours.

Tagged by Greenwood. Didn't have much impact. Only Naitanui and our forwards did.

Most of us are. It was his first year at the club. We might revisit this after 3-5 years but it's Bigfooty so if we don't beat your finish the year after the trade it's the "worst trade" in history. Our whole midfield had a quiet game.

Freo effectively got Acres and Serong for Brad Hill. Kelly trade looks great compared to that

You must be really happy Fremantle never got their wish then, to quote Peter Bell at the time -

On securing Kelly, should he request a trade to WA
It’s up to us to go in there and pitch as hard as we can. It’s very complicated isn’t it? As Geelong have invested a lot into Tim and the family. Clearly we like him, we’ll be doing everything we can.

Kelly, 25, is yet to request a trade but in the event that he does, the Dockers want to ensure the South Fremantle product views them as a "viable option", Freo football boss Peter Bell said.

Bell hoped "significant change" at the club, including a change of coaches from Ross Lyon to the newly appointed Justin Longmuir, would improve the Dockers' position.

"By no means are we giving up on the race for Tim Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping as a Geelong supporter that the trade will end up a win-win scenario for both clubs and TK himself.

A bird in the hand is undoubtedly worth a couple of picks in the teens; Kelly is absolutely worth the price that the Eagles paid for him - he might have had a few quiet games here and there, but whenever I saw him play in 2020 he was as classy as ever.

Hope the Cats can replenish the list a bit by deploying 3xTeen draft picks; will more than likely end up sending at least one elsewhere though if the club's recent track record is anything to go by.

You must be really happy Fremantle never got their wish then, to quote Peter Bell at the time -

On securing Kelly, should he request a trade to WA
It’s up to us to go in there and pitch as hard as we can. It’s very complicated isn’t it? As Geelong have invested a lot into Tim and the family. Clearly we like him, we’ll be doing everything we can.

Kelly, 25, is yet to request a trade but in the event that he does, the Dockers want to ensure the South Fremantle product views them as a "viable option", Freo football boss Peter Bell said.

Bell hoped "significant change" at the club, including a change of coaches from Ross Lyon to the newly appointed Justin Longmuir, would improve the Dockers' position.

"By no means are we giving up on the race for Tim Kelly.
Don’t care TBH. I was just implying the Kelly trade is looking better than the Hill one in reference to the thread topic.

We're all still here, we're not saying he is our best mid anymore because he plays for West Coast now.

And also because he went downhill this year but don't get me wrong, he is still a gun player.

Got tagged and had a quiet game you say? Delist!
To be fair he couldn't cope with a tag at the Cats either, I remember De Boar holding him to 9 possessions

To be fair he couldn't cope with a tag at the Cats either, I remember De Boar holding him to 9 possessions
I remember more than a few occasions that Selwood or Johnson got tagged out of games. Johnno usally punched the tagger too and got suspended for good measure.

They're both going to the Hall of Fame. Kelly will be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back