Autopsy SF: Geelong 100-32 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Very disappointing night. A lot of introspection needed for the coming days and weeks.

For now, I just want to thank the whole club for giving us something to look forward to each week in what's been a tough year for everyone.

Here's to hopefully a better year next year and a return to some sort of normality.

I know emotions will be running high, but please keep it as civil as possible.

Last edited:

Bad performance tonight. The players look cooked from last week.

Given the way we played generally this season, we definitely didn’t deserve to finish in the final 4. Finishing 6th is therefore probably about right (although I do think our players are capable of more, with the right game plan).

That said, what a disappointing way to finish the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shockingly bad but not entirely unexpected, another year in the books. Not looking like a super promising trade/off-season for us too, will be a big effort to get back up next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In one word, flat. Cats played well with plenty to prove, but we couldn't have played much worse and are a much much better side than that showing. We had no run, no pressure and lost our structure too easily. I can't help wonder how much the hard Perth stadium surface and two days less break took out of us; at the very least I suspect it stopped us seeing a much better contest.

What’s to say that we don’t know.

Outside of Daicos making the leap, who got better this season?

Need to be aggressive in the offseason, need to play hardball with JDG or ship him off.

That was really embarrassing. Super deflated after a game that I thought we were a decent chance to win. Full credit to the Cats, absolutely mauled us. We didn't put up a fight at all.

Credit to the boys for making it to week two. We played some horrendous football during the year and the fact that we got up last week was a minor miracle. But there needs to be some serious introspection going into this off-season. 2018 is long gone now and we have regressed from a consistent and tough football side to average at best. Decisions need to be made on a number of players and staff, because if we stand still we are going backwards.

Very disappointing night. A lot of introspection needed for the coming days and weeks.

For now, I just want to thank the whole club for giving us something to look forward to each week in what's been a tough year for everyone.

Here's to hopefully a better year next year and a return to some sort of normality.

I know emotions will be running high, but please keep it civil as possible.

Can I have my donation back Eddie? Think Bucks should be donating his salary.

Disposals: 200 - 356
Scoring shots: 7 - 25
Clearances: 21 - 34 (we won taps 37 - 19)

That’s as big a flogging in key stats as you could ever see.

It is extraordinary how we win the ruck taps and lose the clearances EVERY week. It’s almost unfathomable. Seriously, how is it possible? A new midfield coach is an urgent priority.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know emotions will be running high, but please keep it civil as possible.

Wise words Kelly Kapowski

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back