Autopsy SF: Geelong 100-32 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely piss weak excuse saying we are spent from last week. Harden the **** up.
It’s ok to to be pissed off. I got through that after 20 min.

Unless you truly believe that they just didn’t try and gave up, then you just have to accept that what you saw was reality. They were spent and they had no energy to draw on.

Obviously a crap way to finish off things. Its been an unusual year to say the least. I'm sure it wasn't long back that plenty of people were talking about getting better draft picks than playing finals. To get a finals win was a bonus imo as we were well off the mark for large periods of the season.

The top 4 teams will play PF's which historically happens more often than not. Have to give the Cats credit tonight. We were poor but they did not allow us one bit of lee-way and they punished us when they got their chance. Boys against men is an understatement tonight.

Harvey and rocca cant survive surely
Common mate your way to nice, we have had Buckley as senior coach topping up the list with crap and burning early draft picks which has got us nothing!
You see Rocca and Lockyer as the root of all our problems?

Very disappointing night. A lot of introspection needed for the coming days and weeks.

For now, I just want to thank the whole club for giving us something to look forward to each week in what's been a tough year for everyone.

Here's to hopefully a better year next year and a return to some sort of normality.

I know emotions will be running high, but please keep it civil as possible.
Well said

I just hope this loss isn’t seen as an anomaly, that bc we didn’t play a certain way was the determiner of the result

He's disgusting!!
The problem is... who is better than this limp lettuce? There's no competition for spots. Happens when you consistently trade out of the draft.
Preaching to the choir mate. Agreed and it does not bode well for our future.

I really worry about how little we have coming through if we see players with huge deficiencies like Bosenvulagi cycle through. It indicates just how bare the cupboard is.

How have we justified picking him all year? I’d have preferred we kept Aish:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you truly believe that they just didn’t try and gave up, then you just have to accept that what you saw was reality. They were spent and they had no energy to draw on.
It took me a little longer, just on half time, but there's no doubt we were too knackered to fire a shot. Cats coming out on fire in response to their effort the week before I can place at their feet. For us to not even slightly counter their initial blitz shows we had nothing in the tank.

What do you mean no energy?

Its not like they just played reserves and have to now play seniors.

They last played 6 friggin days ago.

It’s on them for lack of effort, mental fortitude and professionalism.

Huhhh, not too bad. I stopped watching when Collingwood had only kicked a goal so to get to 32 points is pretty good.

No changes.

So did you stop watching midway through the first quarter or halfway through the last?

They say Chinese zodiac works in a 12 year cycle stay with me here.
1.2007 Collingwood loses prelim by under a goal.
2019 Collingwood loses prelim by under a goal
2. 2008 Collingwood finishes 8th and beats crows at footy park in elimination final then gets belted by saints in semi.
2020 Collingwood finishes 8th and beats eagles in WA then gets belted by cats in semi.
So future prediction 2021 belted in prelim 2022 flag bookmark this

In one word, flat. Cats played well with plenty to prove, but we couldn't have played much worse and are a much much better side than that showing. We had no run, no pressure and lost our structure too easily. I can't help wonder how much the hard Perth stadium surface and two days less break took out of us; at the very least I suspect it stopped us seeing a much better contest.
Cats did not play well....

Tigers, Lions and Port would have won by 110 points had they played the Pies tonight.

Cats played OK... But Magpies absolutely like witches hats...

Let’s face it - we finished 8th for a reason. Played out of our skins against WCE and we come into the Geelong game absolutely cooked.

Eventually trading out no less than four 1st round draft picks to bring in Beams and Treloar has exposed our list. No KPF and plenty of plodders.

2020 can go and get stuffed

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been saying it for years....
Yeah I have too mate. I don’t rate the occasional grab at the expense of literally every other aspect of what you’d expect from a footballer. Weak, doesn’t apply pressure, not quick, doesn’t get a lot of it. A cream player at best and we aren’t a side there gonna need cream.

Let’s face it - we finished 8th for a reason. Played out of our skins against WCE and we come into the Geelong game absolutely cooked.

Eventually trading out no less than four 1st round draft picks to bring in Beams and Treloar has exposed our list. No KPF and plenty of plodders.

2020 can go and get stuffed

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
We like to see us change our approach by trying to jump bids instead of trading out. Freo landed Serong by doing just that last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back