Autopsy SF: Geelong 100-32 Collingwood

Civilest

Cancelled
May 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our saving grace all year, the back six, all had mares on the same night. Nobes turning it over, Moore’s clangers no hitting targets, Roughy getting outmarked, Bruzzy missing in action. No stability in The back half And we were chasing jumpers all night like headless chooks. They gutted us like a Japanese master sushi chef while Benny hill music played. Not making excuses but it WAS The perfect storm , as much as I don’t want to let bucks off the hook it IS An aberration. clearly we know we are better than that.

Moore of the Same

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Leeds United
Yes, this. Collingwood is not about average - that needs to be remembered i think by those in charge. Football is a tough business though, and sentimentality and the interests of some much loved people shouldn't play a role in all the decisions going forward.

Mate you've got to be ruthless occasionally in sport. You have to sack the front office, the coach, make trades to push for greatness.

CaptainHowdy87

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
They just did not show up tonight. Very flat.

I suspect a bit of work is going to go in to rejigging that forward line over the off season, and maybe a big bodied midfielder.

1602331802902.png

Brayden Sier

Height - 6' 3"
Weight - 87 kgs

Rupert Wills took his spot at some point last year and seemed to do just enough to retain that spot. Since Rupe was dropped many games ago though now I'm surprised Sier hasn't got a single game in the backhalf of this season. Seems the coaches wanna pump games into the Brown brothers instead.

I think we'll end up trading him.

geak

you had to google it admit it kirby
The truth is that many years ago I used that name on an AV site. I wanted to use the correct spelling but it was taken so I changed the spelling from the “i” to a “y” to get it accepted. By habit I used that spelling in my post.

True story too.

I’m afraid that I wouldn’t cut it as a true Poindexter.:(

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
WE both know what the elephant in the room is mate.

Collingwood's game plan is very slick, in fact too slick to rely on consistently.

It needs to switch up but I can't see that happening under the present regime. Some traditional elements would help.

When that game plan comes into play we're obviously more dangerous, hell even contender like. Sure it's risky and you can get exposed going the other way but it sure is a lot better than the rubbish we've been dishing up over the last two seasons, apart from the odd game, like last week.

More than certain this list has a flag in it, but Collingwood - true to form will likely be averse to making any meaningful change to achieve that required game and we throw yet another window out the window.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
The truth is that many years ago I used that name on an AV site. I wanted to use the correct spelling but it was taken so I changed the spelling from the “i” to a “y” to get it accepted. By habit I used that spelling in my post.

True story too.

I’m afraid that I wouldn’t cut it as a true Poindexter.:(
too plausible to question...

Angelus512

All Australian
Aug 28, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
My wife and I gave up watching halfway through the 2nd quarter when it became obvious. Tuned back in from time to time only to see the match play out worse.
Stunning to me that they got their 2nd goal at the 13 minute mark or so of the final quarter.
I don’t feel angry. Or upset. I feel not much of anything beyond pointing out that has to be one of the most embarrassing finals performances of all time.

Surely we made some history tonight in terms of low score by X minute of a finals game. There is no memory I have of seeing a worse performance by any team in over a decade.

If this doesn’t serve as an appropriate catalyst to seriously move people out of Collingwood I don’t know whatdoes.

It’s time for Nathan to go under the same reasoning it was time for Malthouse to go.

Eddie also needs to be removed. He’s been a giant for the club no doubt but a fresh head is needed simple as that.
Enoufh of the same old same old since 1990

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Been a long difficult year and we have not played well for most of the year, just fell into the 8 and were always a chance to be flat after last week. Lots of guys sore/injured. Brodie could hardly run, something around the back region I suspect has not been able to get down low and use his body in the ground stoppages this year, Treloar and Maynard looked very sore and Treloar just needs a full pre-season no injuries, stop starting does not let him build his tank.

s**t happens, but look on the bright side it was not a granny and no one will care in a week or two. Not a fan of bucks but nothing to do with him tonight, we were just making up the numbers.

whiteside35

Debutant
Feb 6, 2018
corio
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
vegas golden knights,man utd
1 goal to 3 qtr time in a cut throat final,terrible,no excuses for this,none of this that they are spent or cooked or dare i say it that the Cats were unbeatable,this was just plain s**t,alot of our players need to take a hard look at themselves.No effort,no guts,no fight and even when it was obvious that we would lose we still went on our merry way of giving nothing,i mean just do something,lay a crunching tackle,get in their face,no not us,just roll over and take some more humilation,one of our worst losses in memory,to watch that pratt Dangerfield just give it to us and nothing from our guys made me fill sick.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
We would have won the whole thing if it wasn't for covid.

Just blame covid, guys.

It was all covid's fault.

Fiasco

Senior List
Feb 27, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cats did not play well....

Tigers, Lions and Port would have won by 110 points had they played the Pies tonight.

Cats played OK... But Magpies absolutely like witches hats...

If you think the Cats didn’t play well your a fool! They were kicking goals from the boundary like it was Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back