News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the video, Brereton was going nowhere and after no one. Pole axed completely by surprise and out of nowhere

Ive looked at the video, dermie wasn't stationary, he was very clearly running towards the contest. This video he talks of his change of mind to run in, nothing about taking out a player as he's said elsewhere. He was running into the contest.

Dusty won the Norm Smith, but it was their rebound from our 50 that won them the game.

Houli was far more important for the win and BOG in my view.

I said to the guys I was watching the game with in the middle of the second quarter we will lose once I noticed this.

It was the worst F50 pressure of the year and a sign the players felt the win would come.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I disagree with the "sign the players felt the win would come" comment. We selected that way. Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Otten as tall forwards is putting a lot of stress on Cameron, Knight and Betts to provide defensive pressure. Whereas at least McGovern was capable defensively.

Replacing McGovern with Otten was one of the dumbest moves we could have made.

I reckon you’re both half right.
Didn’t look like he had any intention to take anyone out.
But he certainly wasn’t stationary.
How’s that for fence sitting?

His stride length was longer than what you'd see when players jog a couple of laps prior to training. There's an argument as to whether that's jogging or what pace above a jog it would be. I can only ever recall jogging, 3/4 and sprint. It's not a jog and it's not a 3/4 run through pace. Argue away as to where it sits. But, what it is NOT, is stationary. Sanders, right as often as he is, is 100% wrong on this.

I disagree with the "sign the players felt the win would come" comment. We selected that way. Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Otten as tall forwards is putting a lot of stress on Cameron, Knight and Betts to provide defensive pressure. Whereas at least McGovern was capable defensively.

It was but I'm not convinced anyone would've made much difference. Eddie had a mare, Charlie got hurt and Knight was pretty ordinary.

His stride length was longer than what you'd see when players jog a couple of laps prior to training. There's an argument as to whether that's jogging or what pace above a jog it would be. I can only ever recall jogging, 3/4 and sprint. It's not a jog and it's not a 3/4 run through pace. Argue away as to where it sits. But, what it is NOT, is stationary. Sanders, right as often as he is, is 100% wrong on this.
Pretty stock standard movement from the square towards the centre circle after a bounce for a CHF.

Yeates caught Dermie unawares. Would nit he expecting such a snipe.

The Great Man came back though.....

But they were about the same height. What more is there to a 'like for like' replacement?

I’m happy to call it a jog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty stock standard movement from the square towards the centre circle after a bounce for a CHF.

Yeates caught Dermie unawares. Would nit he expecting such a snipe.

The Great Man came back though.....

He wasn't pissed at him because he'd gotten Yeates before and knew he was owed one. He reckons most of his hits were retaliatory, in a helicopter view sense. I watched his talking mike this morning, was good.

It's only a bluff if we a.) don't have the pick or b.) aren't going to use it. What you described above is a 'threat'.

Unrelated, would you like to play poker with me sometime? We can start with matchsticks and work our way up to real money.....
Do they allow that type of thing during your recess break?
If they call our bluff then we will have to use our PSD #1 Pick or lose him!
I will call their bluff? Is that how it works?
So you think the 'bluff' element is that we won't use the pick on Hately, and we would just pretend that we would?

Okay, so a lot of people don't seem to know what a bluff is, so I looked it up. It's

1. a steep cliff, bank, or promontory.

1602371686244.png

I reckon you’re both half right.
Didn’t look like he had any intention to take anyone out.
But he certainly wasn’t stationary.
How’s that for fence sitting?

no one is ever literally stationary inside the centre square

he wasn’t involved in the play, was well off the play, was waiting to see the play develop and def not even trying to get involved in the play

it was a solid 24K gold sniper king hit

no one is ever literally stationary inside the centre square

he wasn’t involved in the play, was well off the play, was waiting to see the play develop and def not even trying to get involved in the play

it was a solid 24K gold sniper king hit

have you see our centre square set up at times?

😜

Dusty won the Norm Smith, but it was their rebound from our 50 that won them the game.

Houli was far more important for the win and BOG in my view.

I said to the guys I was watching the game with in the middle of the second quarter we will lose once I noticed this.

It was the worst F50 pressure of the year and a sign the players felt the win would come.

Absolutely agree with you.. I actually think you could argue Edwards had much more impact on the game than Dusty did in the middle as well.

And to this day still believe that decision forced his hand to want to leave. I know people will say he's been a spud at carlton and rightfully so, but he played his best footy playing with us.

Agree with you that it was the dumbest selection moves we could have done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back