hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It comes down to legality for most people. If all they'd known was cocaine being legal, they'd have no issue. No need to look any deeper than that. Any addictive substance, legal or otherwise, carries with it risk. Addiction to prescription drugs is evidence to that. Addictive personalities will find a way. If I illegitimately got hold of therapeutic quality MDMA and the missus and I dabbled every now and again, what would the argument against our use be? Addiction, well, the last gram we purchased lasted months and in fact we forgot about the last part of it altogether. We haven't touched it or tried to buy it for over 2 years. Addiction is not an issue for us and even if it was, why not the same concern with other life destroying addictive substances? So the issue can only be legality, which is stupid, because what happens when the law changes? Your view changes with it?
Question.

Does coke actually go off ?? So as you say it lasted months, is it worse later on than when you bought it ??

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Question.

Does coke actually go off ?? So as you say it lasted months, is it worse later on than when you bought it ??

I don't know. I was referring to MDMA. My limited experience is that coke doesn't last as long. By the time you have a couple of mates over it's basically gone in 2 goes. I'm not exactly experienced though. In our entire life we've bought 20 pingers once and 4 or 5 grams of coke and maybe 8 grams of MDMA. We had our first ecstacy tablet at about 35. So that's nearly 13 years of use for us and we always shared with those around us. And those never reciprocated. But we didn't care, it was fun at the time. In reality, we're very much lightweights.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
It comes down to legality for most people. If all they'd known was cocaine being legal, they'd have no issue. No need to look any deeper than that. Any addictive substance, legal or otherwise, carries with it risk. Addiction to prescription drugs is evidence to that. Addictive personalities will find a way. If I illegitimately got hold of therapeutic quality MDMA and the missus and I dabbled every now and again, what would the argument against our use be? Addiction, well, the last gram we purchased lasted months and in fact we forgot about the last part of it altogether. We haven't touched it or tried to buy it for over 2 years. Addiction is not an issue for us and even if it was, why not the same concern with other life destroying addictive substances? So the issue can only be legality, which is stupid, because what happens when the law changes? Your view changes with it?
Yep, legality and social acceptances. If a player gets intoxicated with alcohol and ends up in hospital for a day for a severe hangover, this is just seen as a “hangover”. If a player knocks themselves out with a party drug and has a 1-day hospital stay, the reporting would likely be different, “player overdosed on party drug”.

Flip Side

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not if you disagree with those punishments. But in terms precedent, probably. I'd say there's a slight difference between Bennell and our 2 compared to Mummy and Carlisle. But the latter had much more significant financial penalties attached as well. Bennell had missed 2 after being stood down and a further 3 were suspended.

The Crows boys were different to the players mentioned above because those players flaunted their real or “fake” substances on social media platforms, rather than being caught or detected undertaking private activity by a governing body.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Crows boys were different to the players mentioned above because those players flaunted their real or “fake” substances on social media platforms, rather than being caught or detected undertaking private activity by a governing body.

The photo that I saw of Bennell didn't look like he was flaunting in the way the other 2 did. It looked more like a breach of his privacy. But I only saw the one grainy photo, there could have been more.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
aaa
Doe not matter in how it came about, they were charged with the same rule and received the same plenty,

AFL has made the Rod and now needs to follow thru with everyone, And not just Drug related.
And that to me is the biggest issue, why is it this particular law roled out for Drug and not other more damaging areas.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
anyone who buys 'coke' in Australia is an idiot and has too much money

wait until you're in the Americas for that stuff

Or until you're importing direct yourself. I only found out about this after the arrest. Wish I knew earlier, would have been worth a try. Dirty (Harry) was one of the regular Friday lunch crowd that I made it to every now and again. Big miss that.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
aaa

Doe not matter in how it came about, they were charged with the same rule and received the same plenty,

AFL has made the Rod and now needs to follow thru with everyone, And not just Drug related.
And that to me is the biggest issue, why is it this particular law roled out for Drug and not other more damaging areas.

Same games penalty, but I've not seen $25k plus financial penalties imposed upon our 2. Bennell copped $5k.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Same games penalty, but I've not seen $25k plus financial penalties imposed upon our 2. Bennell copped $5k.
Mumford was a Coach at the Time and received his fine as a Coach,
Brad and Stengle have received a 5K fine, as part of the Strike 1, Funny how the Media seemed to forget that part.
" a player will receive a $5000 fine for a first strike while also undergoing counseling and target testing"

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mumford was a Coach at the Time and received his fine as a Coach,
Brad and Stengle have received a 5K fine, as part of the Strike 1, Funny how the Media seemed to forget that part.
" a player will receive a $5000 fine for a first strike while also undergoing counseling and target testing"

what I read on mummy’s fine was that it only applied if he returned as a player.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I wonder the correlation between the tut tut crew who fall into line as soon as mental health is used to explain drug addiction and the no tolerance crew who have thirst for punishment as if the punitive and ostracism approach works.
Well you know my stance, I don't Like Mental Health being used for Drug-related Crimes, Due to the stigma its places on those who actually have mental health issues,
Addiction may be a health-related issue but, It should not be used as a get out of jail,
I am old School do the Crime do the time,

Funny thing is If I go nuts in a shopping center and lay into people I get treated as a criminal, but if I was on Drugs it mental health, and yet I have a diagnosed mental health condition,

Flip Side

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
aaa

AFL ignores rods, which is my point. Conduct unbecoming has been applied to such things as rude gestures, sponsorship conflicts, bagging umpires and the Essendon doping scandal. The application of this penalty is completely arbitrary. As you may recall this is the same rule they used on Bailey and Connolly while finding Melbourne not guilty of tanking. It was not applied to Milne and hasn’t been applied to De Goey.

- Chris Connolly suspended until February 1, 2014 for acting in a manner concerning pre-game planning, comprising comments to a football department meeting which were prejudicial to the interests of the AFL during the 2009 premiership season.
- Dean Bailey suspended from coaching for the first 16 rounds of 2013 for having regard to Connolly’s comments acted in pre-game planning in a manner, which was prejudicial to the interests of the AFL during the 2009 premiership season.
- The Melbourne Football Club accepted it bore ultimate responsibility for the conduct of the club personnel in key roles, and agreed with the AFL to a fine of $500,000.
- It was found not guilty however of tanking.

TooFar

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Les_Canadiens Philadelphia_Eagles
It’s the most overrated drug. Expensive, does fu** all and wears off quickly.
1602382352912.png

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rowie lives by the mantra port do everything better. It probably helps that port can hide in plain site because most of the media and politicians are port fans.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He also believes everything his former boss Keith Thomas tells him. Kelly was very deliberate and honest to say he wasn’t so naive as to think Stengel and Brad were the only Crows players who ever got involved with drugs.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Rowie lives by the mantra port do everything better. It probably helps that port can hide in plain site because most of the media and politicians are port fans.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He overcompensates.

He wouldn't have survived on radio if he said what he really thought.

Back