News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

It was but I'm not convinced anyone would've made much difference. Eddie had a mare, Charlie got hurt and Knight was pretty ordinary.

We had options. Gallucci, Menzel, Milera, and Davis could have all been used with the instructions of shut down Houli or just be a nuisance in the forward line when you are on the field.

We had options. Gallucci, Menzel, Milera, and Davis could have all been used with the instructions of shut down Houli or just be a nuisance in the forward line when you are on the field.
Milera was the one, but nobody here seems to think he is a forward. Menzel not defensive minded at all and it wouldve been a huge ask for the other 2 to come into a GF.

Was a poor decision but not one that cost us a game

Milera was the one, but nobody here seems to think he is a forward. Menzel not defensive minded at all and it wouldve been a huge ask for the other 2 to come into a GF.

Was a poor decision but not one that cost us a game

Eh, they wouldn't be the first kid to play their first game in a grand final, and the role is simple enough.

It played a key role in costing us that game. After all, we all but sacrificed the ability to stop the ball rebounding out of our forward 50 because we went in with a forward unit which was both too slow and not defensively minded enough. If there has been a development in the last 10 years it's how punishing it is to allow another team to rebound freely. After all, your just praying that for some reason they can't defend at that point because you're not going to be able to.

Its probably the biggest reason we lost. If not tied with selecting an injured Greenwood. That grand final was lost in selections on Thursday (+ some bad luck that the two players who sparked us out of our slump got injured).

And to this day still believe that decision forced his hand to want to leave. I know people will say he's been a spud at carlton and rightfully so, but he played his best footy playing with us.

Agree with you that it was the dumbest selection moves we could have done.
He was injured, he wasn't dropped.

no one is ever literally stationary inside the centre square

he wasn’t involved in the play, was well off the play, was waiting to see the play develop and def not even trying to get involved in the play

it was a solid PREMEDITATED and PREPLANNED 24K gold sniper king hit
Just added some extra descriptives for emphasis

He came out and said he was fit to play and we chose not to play him.
He didn't get through training and has proven to be a selfish footballer. Of course he said he was fit

We made the right choice not to pick him, but not the right choice in replacing him.

Eh, they wouldn't be the first kid to play their first game in a grand final, and the role is simple enough.

It played a key role in costing us that game. After all, we all but sacrificed the ability to stop the ball rebounding out of our forward 50 because we went in with a forward unit which was both too slow and not defensively minded enough. If there has been a development in the last 10 years it's how punishing it is to allow another team to rebound freely. After all, your just praying that for some reason they can't defend at that point because you're not going to be able to.

Its probably the biggest reason we lost. If not tied with selecting an injured Greenwood. That grand final was lost in selections on Thursday (+ some bad luck that the two players who sparked us out of our slump got injured).
Injured Greenwood, injured Walker and then 3 injuries inside the first half.

He came out and said he was fit to play and we chose not to play him.
I seem to recall one of the Adelaide channels put footage up of his fitness test on the news that night and he could hardly get out of jog and his lateral movement was non existent....He's a bullshit artist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree with the "sign the players felt the win would come" comment. We selected that way. Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Otten as tall forwards is putting a lot of stress on Cameron, Knight and Betts to provide defensive pressure. Whereas at least McGovern was capable defensively.

Replacing McGovern with Otten was one of the dumbest moves we could have made.
Had McGovern played he would have done his hamstring again in the first 1 minute and we would have been smashed by 120 points instead of 40+ points......

Had McGovern played he would have done his hamstring again in the first 1 minute and we would have been smashed by 120 points......
This. We likely lost because he didn't play, but he couldn't play. Without him to contest in the 50 Richmond just rebounded on us all day and the midfield collapsed after half time. Had he been fit the ball doesn't rebound from there and it's a different game.

The fact he pretended he was fit and didn't get selected is just all the evidence you need to know about his character, versus a bloke like Simon Prestagiacomo who dropped himself from a GF because he was only 80% fit on the eve of the game and never played in a premiership.

Reading this last page it seems Jackson can’t run, is injured, and selfish??
Then I finally work out its brackets McGovern that is being spoken about? What’s his relationship to Hately?

This. We likely lost because he didn't play, but he couldn't play. Without him to contest in the 50 Richmond just rebounded on us all day and the midfield collapsed after half time. Had he been fit the ball doesn't rebound from there and it's a different game.

The fact he pretended he was fit and didn't get selected is just all the evidence you need to know about his character, versus a bloke like Simon Prestagiacomo who dropped himself from a GF because he was only 80% fit on the eve of the game and never played in a premiership.
Explain his effort after his big pay day at Carlton and showing up unfit in his first season.

He wasn't pissed at him because he'd gotten Yeates before and knew he was owed one. He reckons most of his hits were retaliatory, in a helicopter view sense. I watched his talking mike this morning, was good.
Yeah have seen that. Great interview. But I am biased as he was my first football idol. And love his commentary now.

What I meant is that he never saw it coming.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reading this last page it seems Jackson can’t run, is injured, and selfish??
Then I finally work out its brackets McGovern that is being spoken about? What’s his relationship to Hately?
Hately is the anti-Gov.

Explain his effort after his big pay day at Carlton and showing up unfit in his first season.

Really thought he would turn into an elite forward in the Lynch mould that could also go behind the ball. I assumed he'd get midfielder fit and the combination of his aerial prowess and ability to hit targets turning inside or outside off either foot would have made him a star of the competition. I'm not sure Teague's plan for him, but it was obvious vastly different to mine.

Really thought he would turn into an elite forward in the Lynch mould that could also go behind the ball. I assumed he'd get midfielder fit and the combination of his aerial prowess and ability to hit targets turning inside or outside off either foot would have made him a star of the competition. I'm not sure Teague's plan for him, but it was obvious vastly different to mine.
Got comfortable with his big contract and feels protected by the senior coach (I can't believe he wasn't dropped this year when he played us after coming straight into the side after his injury and had consecutive game of less than 5 disposal).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back