Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams

138 games, 130 goals, VFL Premier in 2007 and AFL Premier in 2009 and 2011 in the hoops.

He will finish on 230 games and 171 goals.

Hats off to a very good player, enjoy retirement Trav!!

One of my all time favourite Cats. His 2011 GF performance is one of our clubs best. I didn't follow him too closely at Collingwood, but id say his best seasons were 2010/2011. What are everyone else's thoughts?

Trav played 138 games at Geelong and was a valuable contributor to our 2009/2011 flags. This board sponsored him during his whole time at the Cats. I wish to congratulate Trav on a great career with 2 Premierships to his name and wish him all the best in his life after football.

Last edited:
Will never forget his 2011 GF performance. 21 touches, 3 goals. He kicked the first 2 (first came 11sec into the game) and one of the greatest GF goals with his run from halfback.
Was sitting in the forward pocket, MCC side. First to have been serenaded by meatloaf across the field then to have Varcoe stream towards me to kick that goal. Amazing.

A day I'll never forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A shame we forced him into a role that didn't suit him in his last couple of years with us. His first few seasons with the Pies as a pressure forward were exactly what we needed at the time. But even still, a good career with the Cats, you're happy if you recruit a player and they play a finals series like he did in 2011, that's for sure.

Thanks Trav for a great career. 2 x Premierships in the hoops.
I remember when we all sponsored you
when you started your career at geelong in this awesome group. xxx

Travs hands in the square in 09 as well if I recall to feed Chappy for the 6 point lead.

Then in 2011 "that: effort and work rate to kick the goal that broke the Pies back...

The Buddy run down.

Moments of TV brilliance. Fought hard to get his body right over the journey as well. Wore the #5 for us.

Congrats Trav you gave it and us your all.

Thanks and well done.

Go CAtters

It's criminally underrated by supporters outside your club. Unbelievable gut running that late in a grand final. One of the best goals I've ever seen.

Pretty subpar commentary of it too, which is a shame as I like Anthony Hudson as a commentator. Just made it sound like it was an ordinary run of the mill goal.

It's criminally underrated by supporters outside your club. Unbelievable gut running that late in a grand final. One of the best goals I've ever seen.
Cause the commentators were crapping on amongst themselves at the time instead of calling the game.
So you didn't get the all important sound byte for the replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back