Autopsy AFL 2020 First Preliminary Final - Port v Tigers Fri October 16th 7:50pm AEDT / 7:20pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 81 37.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.9%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • Draw - Port in extra time

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Draw - Richmond in extra time

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6B8E4A91-4FF3-46F4-A69D-0900C0E1AEA9.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
FIRST PRELIMINARY FINAL • PORT ADELAIDE V RICHMOND
FRIDAY OCTOBER 16TH 7:50PM AEDT/7:20PM AEST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

LAST TIME THEY MET ROUND 11
PORT ADELAIDE 13.15.93
RICHMOND 11.6.72

JOIN THE BIGFOOTY FINALS TIPPING COMPETITION!

Finals Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip the AFL Finals now

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

PRELIM TEAMS

Port Adelaide

B: Ryan Burton, Trent McKenzie, Dan Houston

HB: Hamish Hartlett, Tom Jonas, Darcy Byrne-Jones

C: Xavier Duursma, Ollie Wines, Karl Amon

HF: Zak Butters, Todd Marshall, Brad Ebert

FF: Connor Rozee, Charlie Dixon, Robbie Gray

RUCK: Scott Lycett, Tom Rockliff, Travis Boak

BENCH: Sam Powell-Pepper, Steven Motlop, Tom Clurey, Peter Ladhams

EMERGENCIES: Riley Bonner, Boyd Woodcock, Justin Westhoff, Jarrod Lienert

Richmond

B: David Astbury, Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta

HB: Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Liam Baker

C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Marlion Pickett

HF: Kane Lambert, Dustin Martin, Jason Castagna

F: Daniel Rioli, Tom Lynch, Jack Riewoldt

RUCK: Toby Nankervis, Trent Cotchin, Shane Edwards

BENCH: Jayden Short, Jack Graham, Shai Bolton, Nathan Broad

EMERGENCIES: Oleg Markov, Josh Caddy, Mabior Chol, Jake Aarts

Join Michaels and the Bigfooty Tigercast Crew in a live call of the game!
Just click on PLAY from 7.30PM Gameday for all the Tigers action

PORT ADELAIDE 6.4.40
RICHMOND 6.10.46

Last edited:

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
I am hoping for a good performance by us. I am not really all that confident because it is an away PF, but one thing that I know is that Richmond usually are extremely hard to beat when they have their backs to the wall like they do this Friday. If they’re really desperate, then they can win anywhere and against anyone in my opinion.

Key thing for us is to perform better in the midfield than last time. Port Adelaide are good users of the ball when they dominate the midfield, so we need to gain more territory than them and and exploit our height advantage in the forward line. The ruck situation may be a problem for us with Nankervis going up against Ladhams (who was an issue in the air for us last time) and Lycett.

Also, our discipline in the Port game was the worst this season aside from the two Brisbane games. We can’t be doing that either.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Tipping an absolute classic. I’m quietly confident Especially after how well we played against Geelong. But Richmond are just so good at winning these days it’s hard to be anything more than that.

Port by 11, Boak BOG
Is it just me or does this guy tend to have blinders against us? Something about seeing “Boak” and “BOG” together triggers my memory.

This was actually the GF match i was hoping for. A big Vic club v a big SA club. Would of been amazing. But, here we are. Good luck Port.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
This was actually the GF match i was hoping for. A big Vic club v a big SA club. Would of been amazing. But, here we are. Good luck Port.
Well to be fair there is still a good chance that happens depending on results.

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm looking forward to this game. port really should have won by 40+ points last time we played given the contested ball and Inside 50 differential plus our omissions.

I have three concerns over the game -
1) Ruck: Port will have the edge over us in this game with Nank our only genuine ruckman and undersized one at that.
2) Smaller ground: We prefer to play on the bigger grounds where we can use our speed and spread better
3)AO: The crowd will certainly play a factor

But, I do feel our in's for this game will prove the biggest factor. Bringing back in 4 of your top 5 midfielders and your number one ruckman, is a massive boost. Throw our best rebound defender and our full back and I think that will prove the difference in the game in our favour.

Well to be fair there is still a good chance that happens depending on results.

You’re always offended aren’t you. Cats are a medium club in Vic compared to Pies, Tiges and Hawks. Might be time to fry the chip on your shoulder. But congrats to Geelong on making the prelim.

Will be a good game though

My gut tells me both prelims are gonna be better than the GF.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
You’re always offended aren’t you. Cats are a medium club in Vic compared to Pies, Tiges and Hawks. Might be time to fry the chip on your shoulder. But congrats to Geelong on making the prelim.
Not offended here, just saying theres a good chance of a big Vic club and a big SA club playing in the GF.

Gold Rozee

Senior List
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hopefully I will be there, Big crowd could potentially be difference to get Port over the line. Dixon has been quiet over the past month or so, be nice if he ripped the shackles off and kicked a bag. If he does I think port will win comfortably.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Hoping for a close match but worried this could be a blow out. Port lifted for their match against Richmond last time, and should have won by significantly more than they did. On the one hand I don't see Motlop having another blinder like he did V Geelong, but I can't see Dixon having another match where he drops everything.

Richmond never really had to go top gear Vs a very inaccurate St Kilda so its hard to judge where they are at.

Think it comes down to if Dixon lifts, Port will probably win, if Richmond can contain Dixon or get more out of Riewolt then the Tigers get the win.

Port and Richmond matches have been pretty entertaining at AO the last 3 or 4 times they played. Think Port will win this by 4 points.

living_in_syd

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm looking forward to this game. port really should have won by 40+ points last time we played given the contested ball and Inside 50 differential plus our omissions.

I have three concerns over the game -
1) Ruck: Port will have the edge over us in this game with Nank our only genuine ruckman and undersized one at that.
2) Smaller ground: We prefer to play on the bigger grounds where we can use our speed and spread better
3)AO: The crowd will certainly play a factor

But, I do feel our in's for this game will prove the biggest factor. Bringing back in 4 of your top 5 midfielders and your number one ruckman, is a massive boost. Throw our best rebound defender and our full back and I think that will prove the difference in the game in our favour.
Yeah missing big Soldo. Oh wells i reckon it will finally cost us now

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not confident. Port should rightfully be favourites. Just thought they looked so hard at it in the qualifying finals.

Haven't really seen us hit top gear. I'd be really confident of winning the grand final if we did get through Port! Think the winner comes from this PF.

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
The last couple of years we’ve had a week off heading into the prelim and have started those games very slowly. With the week off before finals as well, top 4 sides that win in week 1 end up with quite a bit of time off. Wonder if we’ll see that have an effect in the first quarter with Port at all, or if they are raring to go. Think Richmond would need to get off to a strong start to take the crowd out of it slightly, if they are to win this one.

Good luck Port. Hope you guys win it all if we don’t.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The last couple of years we’ve had a week off heading into the prelim and have started those games very slowly. With the week off before finals as well, top 4 sides that win in week 1 end up with quite a bit of time off. Wonder if we’ll see that have an effect in the first quarter with Port at all, or if they are raring to go. Think Richmond would need to get off to a strong start to take the crowd out of it slightly, if they are to win this one.

Good luck Port. Hope you guys win it all if we don’t.
We tend to start slow so if you want a cheeky bet go Richmond quarter time line

Back