Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, some Hawks fans having a fair old melt on their board over this news at the gall of Corr not going against his word to join us just because they allegedly came calling this week with less money. Rough on the 15th side on the ladder.

Gee, some Hawks fans having a fair old melt on their board over this news at the gall of Corr not going against his word to join us just because they allegedly came calling this week with less money. Rough on the 15th side on the ladder.

The new reality is going to be hard to accept for them. If you wanted to pick one team less attractive on field to a FA, it’d be them.

Just read some of the posts. * me, they are a delusional bunch about where they sit. They’re about to get well acquainted with the bottom 4. Jeez, I hope they attempt to trade their way out it.

Last edited:

Obviously it’s somewhat financial, however if I were going to a bottom 4 side, id prefer to go to one that has a realistic view of where they are at.

In previous years North hasn’t, however finally we have decided that we are rebuilding and have some sort of plan for the next 2-3 years. Hawks aren’t rebuilding, haven’t drafted over the last few years, opting to trade in players.

Neither are the most appealing destinations currently, but they will realise soon enough that they are arguably more unappealing then us from a list perspective.

Excellent. The young bloke has honor and character. He's already ticked the first box.
My Intelligent says, don’t believe a word of negative rumours, but a positive romour allows him to determine the character of someone he’s never met.

Good one Pot.

So we going to believe this part of the article and just disregard the rest as crap?
Some of the article is a direct confirmation from Corr that he is coming.

Some is reasonable speculation and some quotes Brady Rawlings from at least a month ago when this came out. It's how it's framed that is annoying. Despite Rawlings saying we will work with Brown to secure a mutually beneficial outcome, and being quoted in the article saying that, the whole thing is predicated on us taking a s**t offer. Not mutually beneficial. The whole premise is we'll get screwed.

I suspect the Corr stuff is the news, the journo knows Melbourne and Essendon want a shot at Brown but don't want to or can't pay a fair price and couldn't get a response from Brady about that so strung together that other part of the article to pad out the actual Corr news. Aside from his confirmation how much of the article is new info?

Very little.

It's noise, not signal. (Apart from Corr's confirmation.)

The new reality is going to be hard to accept for them. If you wanted to pick one team less attractive on field to a FA, it’d be them.

Just read some of the posts. fu** me, they are a delusional bunch about where they sit. They’re about to get well acquainted with the bottom 4. Jeez, I hope they attempt to trade their way out it.

After the raging success of Scully and Patton who can blame them.

Lol some nuffie had a crack at our low membership base on bigfooty but we are top 4 for posts and have the most threads, even over Hawthorn but ceebs with the card.

Lol some nuffie had a crack at our low membership base on bigfooty but we are top 4 for posts and have the most threads, even over Hawthorn but ceebs with the card.

Lol, I was going to point it out but it's never worth the bother. Only 2.5mil posts to 1.6mil but our board is the minnows.

Lol, I was going to point it out but it's never worth the bother. Only 2.5mil posts to 1.6mil but our board is the minnows.
Yeh the mod looked like a flog so will be nice watching the fans go thru a 90s style period of fail.

Did chuckle at how Higgins came to North to die and that we’ll see in 5 years time whether Corr made the right choice.
* levels of entitlement over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh the mod looked like a flog so will be nice watching the fans go thru a 90s style period of fail.

Did chuckle at how Higgins came to North to die and that we’ll see in 5 years time whether Corr made the right choice.
* levels of entitlement over there.

There'd be about 50% over there that weren't alive to see how close the Melbourne Hawks were and 30% refuse to remember.

Hawthorn's list is miles ahead of our club according to their supporters.

Hawthorn's list is miles ahead of our club according to their supporters.

Will be interesting what happens with some of their older blokes this off season.

Can you imagine being bottom 4 and having two good u22 players (Worpel & Day).

They have made a mess from trading picks.

A mess is relative, hawthorn thought they will pinch a couple after 2015.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back