Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've bought the breakfast for the Grand Final. Good value for 165 bucks.

Has anyone else bought one?

Mate of mine won freebies. Club rang him.

Hey Hojuman Why is every time you buy something you hear of someone who got it better? :D

I will say this again. It is good value, especially if you get it for nothing.

Just watching this whole Brown drama play out got me thinking of just what the football landscape may look like in the next few years. I wonder at what point the penny will drop for some of these managers and players, of the strong possibility of a lot less money in the game, at least for the next few years. The landscape has changed significantly and we aren't operating under the free for all, cash bonanza, that's existed in the game for the last 10 years.

With the spectre of Coronavirus looming large, prudent management at Head Office in AFL House may look at a decrease in overall expenditure, with possible reductions in Salary Cap, Football department spend, etc,etc. The AFL will have to do some serious number crunching. TV Rights won't be the guaranteed increase it has been, crowd numbers will be impacted therefore reducing gate revenue & memberships will possibly take a hit league wide as well.

I don't see how these issues won't eventually filter through to player contract size and length.

Interesting times.

Just watching this whole Brown drama play out got me thinking of just what the football landscape may look like in the next few years. I wonder at what point the penny will drop for some of these managers and players, that there is a strong possibility there is going to be a lot less money in the game for at least the next few years. The landscape has changed significantly and we aren't operating under the free for all, cash bonanza, that's existed in the game for the last 10 years.

With the spectre of Coronavirus looming large, prudent management at Head Office in AFL House may look at a decrease in overall expenditure, with possible reductions in Salary Cap, Football department spend, etc,etc. The AFL will have to do some serious number crunching. TV Rights won't be the guaranteed increase it has been, crowd numbers will be impacted therefore reducing gate revenue & memberships will possibly take a hit league wide as well.

I don't see how these issues won't eventually filter through to player contract size and length.

Interesting times.

images.jpeg-14.jpg

Hahahaha

wolf-of-wall-street.jpg

Just watching this whole Brown drama play out got me thinking of just what the football landscape may look like in the next few years. I wonder at what point the penny will drop for some of these managers and players, of the strong possibility of a lot less money in the game, at least for the next few years. The landscape has changed significantly and we aren't operating under the free for all, cash bonanza, that's existed in the game for the last 10 years.

Interesting times.
It may be that the doom and gloom doesn’t turn out as bad as expected. It actually may be in Brown’s best interest to sign a short term deal and revisit it in a year when things have settled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Please note, hamper delivery is only available to those within 50km of North Melbourne postcode - anyone outside of this range will receive a McCafe voucher to order their own breakfast on event day.

Random realisation - WCE are the last and most significant victim of the 2020 "North Melbourne curse", which started at Round 2 and held for much of the season, i.e. the team playing us lost their next game. Every team we played from rounds 2-9 lost their next game, then the curse relaxed a bit until coming back from Round 14, after which only Port avoided it.

TL;DR - F*** you, West Coast

fu**, I just made that up.

There was a whisper that Ed has had to bail out two players - definitely Beams was one, following the bikies at training incident. But maybe it's just me seeing your post and thinking Stephenson was the other, given his problem last year.

Hates the medical staff, the media department, the coaches, half the players. Club can never do anything right.
Although my criticism at the time back in May came off as harsh Rob, since my post:
- the medical staff have been put under review by Brady
- we axed the senior assistant coach in Jade Rawlings as well as Jarred Moore, Scotland and others who didn’t make the cut
- the club culled literally half a side via the delisted 11, plus possibly more to come

I try not to take anything said on this forum personally but you alerted me to the fact I came off as negative or a hater and it irked me at the time.
I only hope that the footy boss’ response vindicates my viewpoints as constructive rather than demonstrative.

Although my criticism at the time back in May came off as harsh Rob, since my post:
- the medical staff have been put under review by Brady
- we axed the senior assistant coach in Jade Rawlings as well as Jarred Moore, Scotland and others who didn’t make the cut
- the club culled literally half a side via the delisted 11, plus possibly more to come

I try not to take anything said on this forum personally but you alerted me to the fact I came off as negative or a hater and it irked me at the time.
I only hope that the footy boss’ response vindicates my viewpoints as constructive rather than demonstrative.

I don't see you as negative mate.

We've been largely s**t for 2 decades and just finished a gnat's dick away from a wooden spoon and what's more just sacked a third senior coaching staffer requiring a payout in a 2 year period.

Half (literally) our list was unavailable after a Covid suspension period where Jona couldn't have been more self-congratulatory about how great player programs were and how compliant everyone was. Crickets since the league resumption though..

You'd have to be delusional not to question it all.

I membership renewal (its automatic each year). its cheaper for me because the exchange rate is good for me right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back