FTA-TV The Block 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Harry and Tash’s house will resonate with buyers more especially the ground floor. Their space was so much better than the other houses

I thought Harry & Tash's was the best one, so I'm glad they won.

All that talk about lamps was absolute bullshit. Luke & Jasmin putting the fireplace in the corner like that was utterly ridiculous, and that 6-seater table they used was equally moronic. Jimmy & Tam's was a fail. It looks to me they have plenty of room for a dining table there, and the design of their living area was ill-considered. Not having a bigger wrap around sofa pushed out into the negative space showed Tam's inexperience in interior design there.

And Scott Cam bought the challenge apartment in The Soap Factory version of The Block, didn't know that. I suppose it makes sense for him to have a Melb home, he does come from NSW and lives there when not doing The Block. He's obviously rich enough to own many houses. I have always thought it a bit sneaky they never showed the auctions of the challenge apartments/houses in past years. Although IIRC, at The Gatwick, they gave away the challenge apartment in a contest.

I find all the rooms so standard dull and boring. Every room looks like a standard glossy brochure from a busines or magazine.

Now days renovating is like cooking. Because of reality shows, youtube, insta etc, everyone's an expert, but an expert in copying style and trends.

I miss the old days of the block when the contestants were serious rookie renovators adding their own personality stamp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find all the rooms so standard dull and boring. Every room looks like a standard glossy brochure from a busines or magazine.

Now days renovating is like cooking. Because of reality shows, youtube, insta etc, everyone's an expert, but an expert in copying style and trends.

I miss the old days of the block when the contestants were serious rookie renovators adding their own personality stamp.

No instagram or pinterest either

I don't particularly like Harry and Tash but I thought they had easily the best room. I really liked it. They were lucky they had a lot more space than the others which obviously helps.

There was nothing to like about Jimmy and Tam's room. I realise they had a small space but I just didn't get the two chairs and table in front of the fire place. To have two seperate sitting areas in such a small space just didn't make sense.

The biggest improvement this year is the way they have done the budgets. I know it created drama in other years but I used to hate the fact some contestants would run out of money but be able to win big in the last few weeks to get them through.

Darren is. Saying stuff like I would never have thought of placing the dining table across ways in a million years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get rid of them both. Won’t be missed. They care more about cushions than design

Once they start changing who's on a long-term show like The Block, that's always a sign it doesn't have long left and they're trying a refresh to see if it helps pick up the ratings. It rarely works. But while The Block is rating a million an episode, they won't change anything unless a cast member leaves voluntarily.

Last edited:
Best saying last night was from George "whats wrong with monochromatic, it's traditional" lol.
George & Sarah are my fav couple. I think it's time one of the Judges spent an afternoon with them to explain why they always just fall short and give them some tips.

George & Sarah are my fav couple. I think it's time one of the Judges spent an afternoon with them to explain why they always just fall short and give them some tips.

Seeing the judges fav houses come last at the auction is always good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back