Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

How do we even get drawn into a situation where we think of De Goey as a viable option?

1. The fit just isn't there in the first place, unless CCurnow is busted.
2. We would not take DeGoey on, to play midfield.
3. DeGoey is too high a risk player, even for the 'possible' reward.
4. The CFC could not take the risk to the brand, taking on DeGoey. You know what I mean.

How do we even get drawn into a situation where we think of De Goey as a viable option?

4. The CFC could not take the risk to the brand, taking on DeGoey. You know what I mean.
Absolutely spot on.

Ok, if we are into Dunkley I propose this trade:

Carlton - Pick 7, 27 and 45
Bulldogs - Dunkley, Pick 13

I cbf trying to work out the points difference but it should help them immensely to cover the bid for JUH. Surprised me but the dogs don’t have a second this year

My only reticence to doing this is we only have pick 13 for Saad and that’s too much to give for him. Maybe the campaigners can throw in 41 as well....still makes me sick though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Values Dunkley around Pick 9-10, which sounds pretty much spot on to me. If anything, it's probably a little bit over his value given he's being used in a peripheral role at the moment.

I'd happily do 7 and a future swap in our favour.

Surely after reading everything from Barbazza! Oliver has to still be in contention to come to us!! Way better than de Goey that’s for sure! Surely look into Higgins as well!!

De Goey is the x factor that rips apart a final but we already have a player I think has the potential to be better, Charlie. If we're going to be throwing two first round picks at a player then it has to address our biggest need, another A grade midfielder.

Now I'm going to spend the afternoon thinking about Charlie playing on the big stage in September.

TBH, if we don't end up with 1 A-grade mid by trading out our firsts I'll be disappointed. I'm not including Williams.
Management has said we're all about getting good right now, and bringing in an A-grade star to perform right now in the midfield.
I don't know what's going on behind closed doors, and obviously we can only ask the question to everyone and then try to persuade them to join, and then you have to deal with the club....but still, it'll be disappointing.

Id be pleasantly shocked if we picked up a A grader that isn’t Williams or Saad. Clubs don’t pick up 3 players like that in 1 off season. It’s unheard of.
There’s not a long line of A grade midfielders looking to change clubs.

The hype around here is the same as it is every year. Would love for 2020 to be different but I doubt it.

If we get Williams & Saad we should be stoked

TBH, if we don't end up with 1 A-grade mid by trading out our firsts I'll be disappointed. I'm not including Williams.
Management has said we're all about getting good right now, and bringing in an A-grade star to perform right now in the midfield.
I don't know what's going on behind closed doors, and obviously we can only ask the question to everyone and then try to persuade them to join, and then you have to deal with the club....but still, it'll be disappointing.

Forget the mid.

I have it on very good authority that we’re in the mix for Pavlich.

Surely after reading everything from Barbazza! Oliver has to still be in contention to come to us!! Way better than de Goey that’s for sure! Surely look into Higgins as well!!

I keep going back to what Liddle said a few months back -

A quick, run & carry back-man.............Saad.
An inside/outside mid.........................Williams.
A damaging small forward...................Higgins. Reckon we'll hear more abut him when Richmonds season is done, unless he has health issues.

For me this makes for the perfect outcome given what we have to give up.
Next year it's Merrett as a FA and our 2021 first and maybe even the 2022 first, for the most required player to complete us.

It's all so easy. :)

Id be pleasantly shocked if we picked up a A grader that isn’t Williams or Saad. Clubs don’t pick up 3 players like that in 1 off season. It’s unheard of.
There’s not a long line of A grade midfielders looking to change clubs.

The hype around here is the same as it is every year. Would love for 2020 to be different but I doubt it.

If we get Williams & Saad we should be stoked
Yep - unrealistic to expect more (Oliver Twist style).
But our midfield is the line who needed that extra boost most from a trade.
It is what it is, and will be pumped to see what Williams can add to our midfield in terms of hardness, midfield dynamics and speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the latest trade goss, it sounds like the only player still possibly on the midfielder radar is Wines. And I don't see him moving. So I think we should start to get comfy with the idea of Saad and Williams being the only gets this offseason.

What's Austin playing at - how dare he do this to us !

What are we supposed to do the next 23 days - refresh Big Footy every 2 minutes and have no new trades ???

How different are Papley and Degoey? Papley doesn't have the off field issues but not as strong in the air. Papley was regarded as a 'perfect fit.'

How many A Grade muds are free agents and on the market this year?

How different are Papley and Degoey? Papley doesn't have the off field issues but not as strong in the air. Papley was regarded as a 'perfect fit.'

Watch Papley closely. He's always fully invested in the game and tries to bring team-mates into it.

The best of DeGoey is better, but the weekly endeavour Papley brings to the games, is on another level.

Watch Papley closely. He's always fully invested in the game and tries to bring team-mates into it.

The best of DeGoey is better, but the weekly endeavour Papley brings to the games, is on another level.
I have watched him closely and yes he does leave it on the ground. I was referring to types, they are similar players.

Players I'd be happy for us to be asking the question about:

GWS - Hill, Daniels
GC - Miller, Sexton
Collingwood - Phillips
Richmond - Higgins
Essendon - Zerk-Thatcher (contracted until 2021 and would be very much a required player but I rate him)

If the club is looking to bring in another inside mid and with Collingwood having salary cap issues, what about Brayden Sier? Only played 3 games this year and missed most with a thigh injury.

I think in the past there has been some question marks over his commitment and attitude, but not sure if they still hold true today.

Hopefully Teague isn’t the deciding voice in list management. Ross Lyons words about cobblers and bakers fit here.

Yes and no.

The coach is the one responsible for coaching the players.

There's two ways for a player to improve the team:

- The player develops into a consistent, capable senior player, under the direction of the coach.
- The list manager turns them into another player who will be a consistent, capable senior player, or pick(s) to secure such a player.

If the senior coach has seen (little) enough from a player that they don't believe said player will make the cut, then it's over to the LM to do their bit.

Have said it countless times - Dow has all the physical traits to make a very good AFL player, but he doesn't play with intent. He may still get there, but he may need the ultimate wake-up call of being traded/delisted before the penny drops. I think he's one who did not benefit from Boltons "play the youth" approach. He did some good stuff, but it was all "patience, patience" and sub-par efforts were excused for two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back