Happy Birthday Adelaide Crows

We're like the kid who got reasonable grades through school, but went off the rails during their 20's. Other than the AFLW, it was a lousy last decade for us.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Formed October 1990, beat reigning premiers by 86 points in first match for premiership points a few months later. Not a bad effort.

They weren't the reigning premiers when we took them on, but had won the Fosters Cup that year (back when the pre-season comp was taken more seriously)

moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Some Stats from the first 30 years:
  • 2 x AFL Premierships
  • 1 x Runner-up
  • 2 x Norm Smith Medals
  • 1 Brownlow Medal
  • 1 x Coleman Medal
  • 2 x AFLW Premierships
  • 1 x Wooden Spoon
  • 2 x Pre-Season Premierships
  • 1 x AFLX Tournament Champions
  • 15 x Finals appearances
  • 1 X 100 year goal kicker
  • 22 x All Australian Players (51 appearances in the team)

bluebob1

Senior List
Aug 28, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some Stats from the first 30 years:
  • 2 x AFL Premierships
  • 1 x Runner-up
  • 2 x Norm Smith Medals
  • 1 Brownlow Medal
  • 1 x Coleman Medal
  • 2 x AFLW Premierships
  • 1 x Wooden Spoon
  • 2 x Pre-Season Premierships
  • 1 x AFLX Tournament Champions
  • 15 x Finals appearances
  • 1 X 100 year goal kicker
  • 22 x All Australian Players (51 appearances in the team)
8 prelim finals from my count which is probably the highlight really apart from not winning more of them

moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
8 prelim finals from my count which is probably the highlight really apart from not winning more of them
Yep should have added those. Would have been nice to play in a few more Grand Finals (1993/2005/2006 as an example), but certainly has been generally an exciting and reasonably successful first 30 years in the comp.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember the speech of our soon to be coach after losing to port in the sanfl grand final.

Studley said enjoy the good times, as they're gone. Studley got his revenge his son become thier (PORT) best ever player and now thier biggest asset in the media.

Highlights for me in the 30 years..

When players wouldn't kick to modra because they were jealous.

When Andrew jarman said the coach has Lost the plot (he had) and he got sacked for it.

When blight traded Modra because he was jealous.

When Andrew jarman was removed for a week Off triple M for saying many ex players agreed with Mcleod about the club has gone to s**t.

When we went to settle a score at The ramsgate, when what happens on the field stays on the field.

When matt rendell Got rail roaded for being to good.

When Dean Bailey got the blame for his board and ceo telling him to Lose and he only punished when he came to us, some say this Killed Him.

Man Conversations And formula One footy.

Modra swearing on Live TV after Kicking a ton.

The footage of Andrew Mcleaod walking past umpire Goldspink pre game, if Looks could talk

" You corrupt Piece of s**t"

When the doggies play St kilda in the grand final and there's Nothing left to do now but to celebrate.

That will do, that will dooo

Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember the speech of our soon to be coach after losing to port in the sanfl grand final.

Studley said enjoy the good times, as they're gone. Studley got his revenge his son become thier (PORT) best ever player and now thier biggest asset in the media.

Highlights for me in the 30 years..

When players wouldn't kick to modra because they were jealous.

When Andrew jarman said the coach has Lost the plot (he had) and he got sacked for it.

When blight traded Modra because he was jealous.

When Andrew jarman was removed for a week Off triple M for saying many ex players agreed with Mcleod about the club has gone to sh*t.

When we went to settle a score at The ramsgate, when what happens on the field stays on the field.

When matt rendell Got rail roaded for being to good.

When Dean Bailey got the blame for his board and ceo telling him to Lose and he only punished when he came to us, some say this Killed Him.

Man Conversations And formula One footy.

Modra swearing on Live TV after Kicking a ton.

The footage of Andrew Mcleaod walking past umpire Goldspink pre game, if Looks could talk

" You corrupt Piece of sh*t"

When the doggies play St kilda in the grand final and there's Nothing left to do now but to celebrate.

That will do, that will dooo

Are you Brad and Tyson’s dealer?

That is definitely a very interesting version of the AFC history. Almost like you are writing it after having an out of body experience.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you Brad and Tyson’s dealer?

That is definitely a very interesting version of the AFC history. Almost like you are writing it after having an out of body experience.
Is this one of the troll accounts that can be traced back to West lakes or hindmarsh Square?

Because there is a few.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah if we won more of them, esp 2005, 2012 we may have been a very different club today.
There's 3 prelims we were umpired out of. Some say 4, but I don't know about the one against Collingwood. 2005 was our captains fault, he took a heap shot in the last round against selwood and got a week for it.

But 93

Was Blatant cheating.

Also umpired out the 09 semi, right in front of us. That would of meant a ninth prelim. Almost a prelim every 3rd season.

Which is not a bad effort.

Back