The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So West Brom contribute, but aren't eligible to get anything for their own developments.

I wonder how many clubs have spent 12 of the last 15 in the league.
Such a weird criteria, seems catered to west ham and Newcastle.

Ashley, Gold/Sullivan/Brady are campaigner owners and proudly British.

The furore on here about Man City ownership is well and truly overblown.

Ashley, the Dildo Bros and the devil herself are all scum of the earth but I don't think they help their neighbours commit genocide in Yemen, imprison journalists for speaking ill of the government, kill people for being raped or LGBT and spend billions on exporting a dangerous ideology that spawned Al-Qaeda and ISIS to the rest of the world.

Also Big Picture is a s**t house idea and anyone who supports it should go watch American sports then.

Yeah you dont get it.

You're so offended on your new sugar daddies behalf.

I'm taking about foreign owners who don't give a fu** about the plight of lower league clubs which can be seen in plenty of changes that they bullied into action.

Why you're waffling on about fans I have no idea.

Just because some foreign owners were good for their club doesn't mean foreign owners were good for English football on the whole.

I mean look at where it is now and the proposals being put forth FFS.

You're right, I don't get what the hell you are saying. You are on some Mel Gibson-esque ramble.

Lol sugar daddy? Radz has probably the least amount of wealth of any top flight owner, especially uncle Tony.

Unlike our other relegation rivals *Brighton*, Leeds is built on commercial revenue, not the propping up by a few hundred million by one bloke which masks over huge commercial losses.

The proposals put forth actually have nothing to do with foreign ownership, it's a few select clubs frightened of losing their monopoly on guaranteed revenue earning places in the league.

If you said Man Utd were a chance at getting relegated 20 years ago, you would have been laughed at. The league is a lot more even than it probably has been since it's creation. That is down to the huge distribution of wealth over the last 10 decade particularly.

The proposals put forth actually have nothing to do with foreign ownership, it's a few select clubs frightened of losing their monopoly on guaranteed revenue earning places in the league.

If you said Man Utd were a chance at getting relegated 20 years ago, you would have been laughed at. The league is a lot more even than it probably has been since it's creation. That is down to the huge distribution of wealth over the last 10 decade particularly.

Except all the proposals are being spearheaded by foreign owners.

The fact we're at this point with English football shows that foreign ownership isn't a good thing for the game because they are trying to further destroy it nation wide by inserting themselves as supreme power.

As for Radz, spunks more in one season than we ever have by quite a fair bit.

The fact we're at this point with English football shows that foreign ownership isn't a good thing for the game because they are trying to further destroy it nation wide by inserting themselves as supreme power.

Nigel Travis is British and has been the most publicly supportive of all owners so far about the proposal. EFL board are almost entirely British and they're pushing for it heavily.

So West Brom contribute, but aren't eligible to get anything for their own developments.

I wonder how many clubs have spent 12 of the last 15 in the league.

Under the current proposals, yes. By my calculations one more season of PL footbal after this one would make them eligible.

I think you mean Leeds spunks more, because we as a club actually generate decent commercial revenue.

The below is a great table, prior to this seasons window, but please continue playing the typical Brighton 'holier than thou" part that your supporters have been running the past 12 months.

Brighton would still be in the doldrums without their sugar daddy.

1602559039269.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was funny the first couple of times you used it, now its approaching the 100th time you've used it. Come up with something new.
Ha ha. Ironic.

Ashley, the Dildo Bros and the devil herself are all scum of the earth but I don't think they help their neighbours commit genocide in Yemen, imprison journalists for speaking ill of the government, kill people for being raped or LGBT and spend billions on exporting a dangerous ideology that spawned Al-Qaeda and ISIS to the rest of the world.

Also Big Picture is a sh*t house idea and anyone who supports it should go watch American sports then.
Big picture is s**t, no one here has said otherwise. I see a Sunderland and a Brighton fan criticising City’s ownership. Remind me who your kit sponsor is. Squeaky clean social record no doubt...

Clubs have betting companies as sponsors. By all means throw stones at evil City, step out of the glass house first.

It was funny the first couple of times you used it, now its approaching the 100th time you've used it. Come up with something new.
Rich coming from you...

Piguain
Chicharito + £20m

etc
Etc.

Big picture is sh*t, no one here has said otherwise. I see a Sunderland and a Brighton fan criticising City’s ownership. Remind me who your kit sponsor is. Squeaky clean social record no doubt...

Clubs have betting companies as sponsors. By all means throw stones at evil City, step out of the glass house first.

Our shirt sponsor right now is Great Annual Savings Group and if anyone has ever even heard of them then feel free to let me know who the hell they are. I'm also heavily against gambling and alcohol advertising in sport of any kind and would gladly sign anything to see them get canned but betting agencies and the UAE government are two different things mate. I definitely feel morally cleaner siding with BETDAQ over the UAE government.

The level of mental gymnastics people go to defend Man City's owners is mind boggling.

Our shirt sponsor right now is Great Annual Savings Group and if anyone has ever even heard of them then feel free to let me know who the hell they are. I'm also heavily against gambling and alcohol advertising in sport of any kind and would gladly sign anything to see them get canned but betting agencies and the UAE government are two different things mate. I definitely feel morally cleaner siding with BETDAQ over the UAE government.

The level of mental gymnastics people go to defend Man City's owners is mind boggling.
The whole topic is tedious, boring and done to death. No one likes this plan, a plan started by Liverpool, yet the mindless sheep on this board bring it back to Citeh. Pathetic really.

The whole topic is tedious, boring and done to death. No one likes this plan, a plan started by Liverpool, yet the mindless sheep on this board bring it back to Citeh. Pathetic really.

I wasn't even going to mention City's owners because Big Picture is enough to rant about on it's own until you said the controversy about them is overblown which is absolute horse s**t.

It is a little strange the biggest Chelsea hater on here is cool with City.

Ha ha, so true. At least with Abramovich he doesn't try to hide his intentions with Chelsea and plainly states his investment in the project is purely about winning some football trophies. No waffling on about how he has a connection wiith the community and about how the club is an investment vehicle to make money. I like the no bullshit approach.

Last edited:

Here's a traditional british owner, with a long term connection to his club pushing for reform to see more funding go to EFL clubs.

Thoughts Bostonian ?
Have no doubt League 1 and 2 clubs will probably love it, Championship and bottom half PL clubs will probably hate it

Have no doubt League 1 and 2 clubs will probably love it, Championship and bottom half PL clubs will probably hate it

Sounds like the EFL are chasing money. The PL big boys in return are happy to give it up but only at a price. Just like any typical business negotiation this will undergo many changes but likely happen somewhere down the track (the plans are for 2022/23 onwards in any case).

I actually believe all competitions should fall under the EFL once again just like it did prior to 1992.

In any case the FA has the final say over anything PL related as special shareholder. No chance they allow the current proposal to go through, it will have to go thorogh some major modifications before it is approved.

It is a little strange the biggest Chelsea hater on here is cool with City.
Not really the stance chef but ok.

On record that I don’t want my club run by oil money, and undoubtedly the game would still be strong without it.

I merely find the furore on here over it pathetic as most clubs are sponsored or funded someway by less than honourable means, yet flogs like Zizou crap on about them endlessly. It is his club btw that is championing this shithouse new idea. There is the difference too, I barely say a word about your a-hole owner anymore, it has all been said before.

I merely find the attention city cops to be over the top is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back