Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know we only match the offer that is lodged with the AFL. It's the usual ducks and drakes prior to that.
No you have missed the point Brad manager is sitting down to discuss all the offers he has received the Crows will look at them and decide whether to match them, all this before trade week, as most completely forget Brad still want to play at the Crows,

Crouch going to the Cats on $450K doesn't make much sense unless we've basically decided we don't want a bar of Brad anymore and will let him go for whatever we can get.
dont stress at 450 he stays. i still say if it doesnt trigerr band 1 he stays

I'd be furious if we gave another club a free hit like getting Brad for $450k. That's a gift on a silver platter

Especially when it's known the Roo era Crows were known around the traps for it. Obviously before the image problem solution, but along with the rest of the competition, the cause for it in the first place.

I'd be furious if we gave another club a free hit like getting Brad for $450k. That's a gift on a silver platter
Brad actually has to agree to the deal as well, he isn’t taking a pay cut to leave Adelaide. There is no way we would offer less than that, Kelly said that Crouch is still a quality player last night, but also didn’t give anything away about whether we actually want to keep him. If he’s happy to accept 450k (hypothetically because there is no way Geelong’s offer is this low), then that is a pay cut to what he is already on. Only Geelong supporter Jay Clark has floated this number anyway, I think people need to stop assuming that is even remotely close to the actual offer.

His kicking for goal has been pretty good over the last few years ... his decision making and disposal by hand and foot have been below average .

I think with better midfield set ups and with a more defined role i believe there is some improvement left in Brad's game .

I still hope that with a couple of straight seasons with no leg injuries that his wheels will return and that'll take him to the level just below the top few. It's a fading hope, but it still flickers.

It is kind of funny though because on that interview with Luke Hodge today he talked about if you have a list that can get you to a PF it should be more about adding cheaper role players who can fill a specific role and bring depth to the side rather than trying to add another big name to get you over the line.

Not something the Cats seem to be following though.

No you have missed the point Brad manager is sitting down to discuss all the offers he has received the Crows will look at them and decide whether to match them, all this before trade week, as most completely forget Brad still want to play at the Crows,

That is the definition of the usual ducks and drakes. Manager says this is what he's been offered elsewhere and this is what he's prepared to play for here.

Brad actually has to agree to the deal as well, he isn’t taking a pay cut to leave Adelaide. There is no way we would offer less than that, Kelly said that Crouch is still a quality player last night, but also didn’t give anything away about whether we actually want to keep him. If he’s happy to accept 450k (hypothetically because there is no way Geelong’s offer is this low), then that is a pay cut to what he is already on. Only Geelong supporter Jay Clark has floated this number anyway, I think people need to stop assuming that is even remotely close to the actual offer.
I made this point earlier but what I think we (and the AFL) are going to have to watch here is if Brad DOES say he will sign a $450K deal to move there. That is the time that there needs to be a forensic analysis of the deal as it would be almost guaranteed he is getting another large chunk of money not being declared in the salary cap to make the move. It is just beyond belief he would sign on for such money when he already turned down a prior offer from us that was said to be good money wise but short on years

Crouch going to the Cats on $450K doesn't make much sense unless we've basically decided we don't want a bar of Brad anymore and will let him go for whatever we can get.

It makes zero sense because the sticking point with the contract we had put in front of him at the start of the year was supposedly length of contract and $$ per year. His preference is to stay in Adelaide, so I doubt he'll go anywhere for less!

The more I hear of whispers of Brouch to Geelong, the more I feel we will get screwed over. I can't see us winning out of a Crouch to Geelong scenario.
Geelong will pay him on a side deal and we will get screwed. Worst case we match and negotiate both their first round picks.

I made this point earlier but what I think we (and the AFL) are going to have to watch here is if Brad DOES say he will sign a $450K deal to move there. That is the time that there needs to be a forensic analysis of the deal as it would be almost guaranteed he is getting another large chunk of money not being declared in the salary cap to make the move. It is just beyond belief he would sign on for such money when he already turned down a prior offer from us that was said to be good money wise but short on years

Was just thinking this. No way he goes for that and if he does then I'm going to have to accept that Geelong have a whole separate and hidden cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just thinking this. No way he goes for that and if he does then I'm going to have to accept that Geelong have a whole separate and hidden cap.
NO
why do you all worry about this?
if the offer says 450 it does not matter if they give him to keys to geelong on the side - we ONLY PAY 450!
it is in his interests in this case to make sure the offer on the ticket is as high as possible

NO
if the offer says 450 it does not matter if they give him to keys to geelong on the side - we ONLY PAY 450!
it is in his interests in this case to make sure the offer on the ticket is as high as possible
more along the lines of him saying he will accept the geelong offer even if we match. Then it goes to a trade and we have to get whatever we can because Geelong hold 3 x teen picks in the ND and can send Crouch their and use the last of their 3 picks if they like

more along the lines of him saying he will accept the geelong offer even if we match. Then it goes to a trade and we have to get whatever we can because Geelong hold 3 x teen picks in the ND and can send Crouch their and use the last of their 3 picks if they like
he cant it doesnt work like that

dont you get it? he wants to stay it's adelaide pushing him out for band 1 compo

It doesn't make a lot of sense for Brad either.
Unless there's alot of the off-field incentives (i.e. 'family/partner' employment through Frank Costa)?

Wild speculation of course, but there have been a few rumours of out of Cap benefits (i.e. Dangerfield family employment, house for Rohan?).

NO

You're looking from only 1 angle. Sure, we match the $450k, but then we have to trade him as an uncontracted player. He won't stay with us on $450k when he's getting $200k/yr fringe benefits in catland. In any case, my post wasn't about how it impacted what we get for Brad, it's about it all but proving Geelong have another reward kitty that they get away with.

You're looking from only 1 angle. Sure, we match the $450k, but then we have to trade him as an uncontracted player. He won't stay with us on $450k when he's getting $200k/yr fringe benefits in catland. In any case, my post wasn't about how it impacted what we get for Brad, it's about it all but proving Geelong have another reward kitty that they get away with.
no we dont! he stays.

he cant it doesnt work like that

dont you get it? he wants to stay it's adelaide pushing him out for band 1 compo
Oh I certainly do get it.. he can accept geelongs offer or whichever other club comes in for hims offer - whatever he chooses. THEN we get a chance to match if we want to. If Crouch says well I am not going to stay here and want to accept the other clubs offer it is upto geelong to trade for him OR Crouch could nominate the national Draft OR the preseason draft if a suitable trade can't be worked. Geelong - if it is them could then say to brad, we will use pick 16 or whichever is our last 1st to take you in thr national draft as we don't see Adelaide using pick 1 or 8 to redraft you whereas if you went PSD they MIGHT redraft you with pick 1 in that draft.

THAT is an absolute possibility of how it could play out IF Brad wants to go to Geelong for example

The problem there is that onky his TPP deal goes on his head, so may not get to Geelong. I think in trade scenario we get 11, it's just how much more we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back