News Crows appoint new chairman, John Olsen AO

Is this a good appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I really couldn't give a s**t about them moving into the city.

I want to know the strategic objectives he's going to set the CEO.

I want to know if we're going to keep wasting money on esports teams that have their league collapse under them because there's no money there.

I want to know if we're willing to fund our football program properly.

I want to know if there is an expectation to ignore all board members when it comes to all appointments for football positions.

s**t that actually bloody matters.

I don't really agree with the boys club argument, if anything people such as Olsen who have contacts in politics and business are good candidates. Whether his contacts are up to date is a question though. The role of the Chairman requires them to be able to engage with 'the top end of town'.
He's a footy person too, which is also a good thing (Chappy definitely wasn't). Might bring some passion to the role.
As I've said, I'm happy to see what he does, I don't think he will be a disaster like Chappy, and could be ok.
The problem has been that guys like Chapman thought it was beneath him to interact with the "bottom end" of town, which is the members of the club. Have heard some stories about him being a rude and arrogant prick to people once he found out they were just an average joe.

This is reminiscent of when Smart ran the recruitment process that then recommended himself as the best candidate.

In no world is this a best practice appointment - Chapman is once again behaving like he’s some superstar that has earned the right to call the shots.

We had Wayne Jackson offer to run a genuine appointment process, instead we let this complete *-up and his crony just handpick someone they decided was a good choice.

Even without commenting on the successful candidate, it’s a disgrace.

The stain of Rob Chapman on the persists even after his departure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'm being completely honest I have to say David Koch.

That doesn't mean that I think Koch is a great President/Chairman, but he's a better option than Olsen and Chapman.
Absolute rubbish.He is easily the biggest dickhead of those three dickheads.

Koch gets away with a lot because Port get away with a lot.

I don't think our supporter base would tolerate the stunts, especially after the length of time they went without winning a final.

maxresdefault.jpg

And the Port friendly media would be reminding us of it every day.

I'd rather Koch than Chapman. Can't stand Koch, so Olsen is ahead but could easily go either way. I hope he's Kennett-like

Same, Olsen gets the benefit of the unknown, so he's a clear leader at this stage. Koch has done less damage to Port, so he's comfortably ahead of Chapman. For all Chappy's hours, he really did make the place a whole lot worse. Interesting he was CEO at a bank in his early chairman years. Seems our decline coincided with this dimwit having some spare time on his hands.And the first we hear of 70 hour weeks is at our absolute lowest ebb.

I was waiting for ole mate brucetiki to post this given his fondness for InDaily but alas he's been a non show.

"It's hard to imagine anyone more qualified"

Is it really though, Tom?

What about the exact same person, but without the history of scandals?

There, I've just imagined someone more qualified

Back