Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyd to freo. Not sure if this is good?

Cleary says we've put an offer in front of him to come here, noted the backline is vacant now that Prior is gone, and also said that Pies defenders love him (John Noble spoke well of him the other day). says he's weighing it up

Not sure where to put this so I'm going to put this here. The Victorian Media can go and get ****ed.

Being based in NSW I subscribe to a range of media so I feel like I get exposed to a wide variety of opinions that are not WA based, but holy hell they love to sook about how "unfair" it is that the WA, SA and QLD teams have been able to play at home this year.

They bleet on about how tough hub life has been on players like Grundy and harp on about Brisbane and Port have had such a huge home ground advantage this year.

Eat a massive donkey dick. WA, SA and QLD teams travel every second week and never get to play the GF in their home state.

Hub life sounds much easier than being in Melbourne at the moment. While it may not be ideal for them, it's not ideal travelling every 2nd week for other teams every year.

They way they are pointing out the hub factor is so petty.

We clearly get rogered on a yearly basis with regards to travel, but you're in denial if you don't think what the Vic teams have put up with this year isn't on another level to that.

Would I rather their position overall (this year included), yes, but it doesn't somehow diminish the performances from the better Vic sides this year.

We clearly get rogered on a yearly basis with regards to travel, but you're in denial if you don't think what the Vic teams have put up with this year isn't on another level to that.

Would I rather their position overall (this year included), yes, but it doesn't somehow diminish the performances from the better Vic sides this year.

I definitely acknowledge it, but they are acting like the WA teams didn't hub at all.

And let's not forget when the WA teams returned home they then had to quarantine.

It's just silly that they harp on about hub life as if only the Vic teams are doing it tough this year.

I definitely acknowledge it, but they are acting like the WA teams didn't hub at all.

And let's not forget when the WA teams returned home they then had to quarantine.

It's just silly that they harp on about hub life as if only the Vic teams are doing it tough this year.
We did hub, but we didn't spend however many months it has been away from home (incl family, friends, pets etc).

This doesn't need to be a competition. The Vics didn't ask for this so they could one-up the other states. It's just **** for everyone and especially for them I think that is all you really need to say about it.

For us, I think interstate travel is not ideal, but also creates a significant home ground advantage. If the long hopes to place like Tasmania, Canberra and Cairns were equalized somehow, and if the GF rort eliminated, I would be much happier.

Scott Gooch, COO, to depart the club.

Fremantle’s year of change looks set to roll into the off-season, with one of the Dockers’ top executives, Scott Gooch, set to leave the club.

Gooch, responsible for the Dockers’ commercial operations, will cut ties with the club after more than a decade.

It’s understood staff were told of the move today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He spent several years at West Coast under Mick Malthouse, helping create the muscular bodies required to take on seasoned Victorians, and saw his efforts rewarded with the 1992 and 1994 premiership flags.

Possibly the most delicate way to describe his time at the Eagles under the circumstances.

Had this come up on my Facebook newsfeed. Wish I could unread.

Poorly written and a flimsy premise. Also some basic facts wrong.

From the article:

Having touched on some delisting disasters, some of Fremantle’s trade decisions over the last couple years should come under fire as well. Lachie Neale was a two-time Doig Medallist (2016 & 2018) and was traded for what seemed a high price at the time but has basically led to the recruitment of an out-of-form Jesse Hogan. Now at the Lions, Neale has achieved back-to-back All Australians and is favourite to win the Brownlow and his team the flag favourite in toe. Another ejected Doig Medallist is Brad Hill (2017), who was offloaded to the Saints last year in a trade that gave Fremantle some early picks and the Saints immediate finals hopes. The Dockers carelessness on the trade table is further shown with the likes Langdon and Crozier departing the club in 2018 for very little

Crozier was unfortunate the Langdon trade was fair, the Brad Hill trade led to us recruiting the rising star. This article could at least be objective.

I stopped at Collins was delisted without playing a game. Collins would be handy granted but had some serious flaws. Kicking amongst them. I’ve said this many times before but there were many times I saw him try to switch play with Peel where he missed target by more than 10 metres to go out of bounds and on two occasions grubbered the ball out of bounds. He went back and worked his arse off and good on him. Won awards in the VFL and was selected by GCS.

Similar to Menagola - who worked his butt off at Subiaco found a midfield role almost won Sandover after missing almost half the year.

Could we have done more with Menagola. Yes indeed but it took the delisting and time in WAFL for him to get to where he is now.

DeBoer we have spoken about many times. He was delisted ahead of other spuds Who were contracted. Was a list management issue.

This same matter could be raised with any club. Sam Collins would likely be a depth fill in for us, not a stating FB. The delisting for him was the best thing that happened to him. But the article says he never played for Freo.

DeBoer we have spoken about many times. He was delisted ahead of other spuds Who were contracted. Was a list management issue.
The DeBoer one is annoying, we had a whole bunch of good character but limited players to pick from to delist. Unfortunately we picked the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back