News Adam Saad nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Browne seems to have a vested interest in obtaining Pick 7 for Saad, or else they (*) will miss out......Is he a * supporter?

hahah how do they do it today? Trade period hasn't even f****** started!

And who says we're offering 7 alone anyway, all the recent media is that we'll split it or want a fair bit coming back our way with Saad.

Get used to it Carlton fans.

This Dildo bloke is a deadset nutter.

I breathed a sigh of relief that Saad did not say “make me a Hawk”

This Dildo bloke would have wanted our pick 4, Jack Gunston, Clarko, and the chance to have his pic taken with our 3 Peat Cups.

Strap yourselves in.

Oh, please mods, can we keep him?

How do you think Carltons reputation will come out of that - walking two players to the PSD ?
I agree we need to be careful. But if the deal doesn't happen it will reflect badly on Dodo and *. The PSD simply won't happen though. Too risky. It will be the ND, same as Luke Ball. The conversation will go something like this:

Austin: 'Dodo we have swapped pick 7 for 2 late first rounders, would you like one for Saad?'

Dodo: 'No, Saad is worth pick 7 plus a player'

Austin: 'Well if you don't want the pick we will use it to draft Adam'

Dodo: 'I don't want the late pick, he is worth more than pick 7'

Austin: 'In that case I guess you will be happy to take him with pick 6. Good luck explaining that to the media and your members, ciao!'

hahah how do they do it today? Trade period hasn't even f****** started!

And who says we're offering 7 alone anyway, all the recent media is that we'll split it or want a fair bit coming back our way with Saad.

In principle handshake agreement. Remember how we traded a top pick for McLean on the opening day of trade period? Obviously it had already been agreed to prior.

Browne is right in that Essendon shouldn't be wasting time with ridiculous demands...from their perspective they should be having serious talks with us to try and secure an agreement for pick 7 before we agree to trade it to someone else.

I agree we need to be careful. But if the deal doesn't happen it will reflect badly on Dodo and *. The PSD simply won't happen though. Too risky. It will be the ND, same as Luke Ball. The conversation will go something like this:

Austin: 'Dodo we have swapped pick 7 for 2 late first rounders, would you like one for Saad?'

Austin: 'In that case I guess you will be happy to take him with pick 6. Good luck explaining that to the media and your members, ciao!'

Yep this is it exactly Saad goes to the national draft we take him with 7 depriving * of a first round traded pick from us or they spend a top ten pick to redraft a player who is not happy to be there.

They gain a pick late in the first round and keep their first pick.

Or they could be stubborn and stupid.....

Yep this is it exactly Saad goes to the national draft we take him with 7 depriving * of a first round traded pick from us or they spend a top ten pick to redraft a player who is not happy to be there.

They gain a pick late in the first round and keep their first pick.

Or they could be stubborn and stupid.....

I’m going with the bottom line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I guess in that scenario if we've split our two picks with Geelong we can use one on Saad and the second on a kid in the ND ?

Setterfield one touch? Not even close. In fact his constant fumbling is by far his biggest issue.

Was going to say the same thing.
Loved Setterfield’s progress this season and see him being a real key to our success, but the fumbling was a minor concern. Was willing to give him some leeway due to a potentially slippery ball, but when most other players were handling it perfectly fine it can only be uncertainty on his part.
Hopeful he’ll sort it out though - as once he had it, his vision and handballs to the advantage of teammates were major weapons.

I would think that others would see that it is not our fault but Dodoro's. Particularly if we offer fair compensation and mediation even supports that.
When we got Martin GC supporters on this board were having cracks at us. Wasn’t our fault, I suggested they remonstrate with their club if they were paid up members...was a very immature commercial decision made by their recruitment dept...doubt Cameron will make that mistake again.

Even if we have to give up Pick 7 for Saad I'm not to disappointed. Remember Essendon gave up two 1st round picks for Shiel !!

I don't think a Pick 7 (or what will be be Pick 8 or 9) for Saad is out of the ballpark given the status of our list. Wasn't this always the plan - go to the draft for four years then go mature age recruits ???
If we were okay with giving pick 7 than I'm more of the thought to give * and Dodo an up yours and actually use that pick 7 ourselves in the draft to recruit Saad... we still get our player and * get nothing!

Even if we have to give up Pick 7 for Saad I'm not to disappointed. Remember Essendon gave up two 1st round picks for Shiel !!

I don't think a Pick 7 (or what will be be Pick 8 or 9) for Saad is out of the ballpark given the status of our list. Wasn't this always the plan - go to the draft for four years then go mature age recruits ???
Nah...they are completely different beasts...hbf v midfield...good sides are built around Agrade midfielders...second round pick is about right.

Furthermore people may be concerned if we use 7 in the draft to recruit Saad as it may "damage" trade relations with *. Seriously Dodo is on a knifes edge if he fail and odds are * will be going on a repair mission with his replacement and re-building relationships (if they're smart)... else we're no worse off relationship wise.

That moron Watson saying we should just give up pick 7 and be done with it... get fu****!!
What do we gain by giving Essendon #7 now, if we have the option of using it in the ND to get Saad and in the meantime getting Essendon to move to a more reasonable position.

At some point they should realise that even #27 and say latter pick exchange, would be far better than getting absolutely nothing for an OOC player.

Austin has a duty to do the best for Carlton and not worry about the whims of * associates........they can all GAGF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back