Rumour Should the Crows go for Matt Scharenberg?

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
no delist davis his contract is peanuts pay out
We still have to make more room on our list ,to bring in players we want to draft etc ,and paying out Davis retiring Mackay and hopefully getting nothing trades for Hartigan < Kelly and Seedsman and delisting those left with no contracts seems very important.

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok there seems to be some misconception regarding his speed/agility.

Defensively it's fine, very reliable shut down defender on either the resting midfielder (danger, martin etc) or on key forwards like (darling, kennedy, riewoldt etc).

By loss of speed you need to put things into perspective. Back in his junior years, he was a stronger and faster Lachie Whitfield with excellent kicking skills. He was able to break lines in defence and distribute it precisely. By loss of speed, I mean that it's no longer at that level, and that one of his biggest weapons was taken away from him. Is it still decent/competent? Sure it is.
if hes so great you would want to keep him.

Oct 1, 2004
The Bay
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Matt was easily one of the most talented, skilled (beautiful long kick, great hands and excellent one on one), physically suited and committed juniors to come through the Glenelg system in the AFL era. Injuries curtailed what would have been an elite (read All Australian) career.

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
i suspect if hartigan leaves we might pick him up as backup on lowest wage there is. but personally i would not touch him

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
bite my tongue look at this I think they will risk a spot on him
171C17E1-6B79-406D-B1ED-97BC0B1AFEC4.jpeg

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Just got delisted by the Pies with Tim Broomhead.

Can sign him as a DFA if we’re interested, can see why we’d be given he’s been elite when he has played and worth a punt if our HP team can get his body right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
I'd take a punt as a rookie. Considering the Keays experiment worked well, wouldn't hurt to give it another shot with Shaz, even if he is a bit older than Keays was (but more proven at the top level)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'd take a punt as a rookie. Considering the Keays experiment worked well, wouldn't hurt to give it another shot with Shaz, even if he is a bit older than Keays was (but more proven at the top level)
I'd rather get games into our young defenders who aren't perennially injured.

Back