AFL proven totally inept at GF Entertainment AGAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I meant that the normal Grand Final break is 25 minutes.
I don't know to be honest. Someone else who does know feel free to enlighten us.

I don't think it is, but could be wrong. Not normally paying attention. Halftime is all about bbq, beers and having a kick.

Second thoughts, maybe 27 minutes isn't so bad 🙂

Everything the NFL does we copy to a lesser or greater extent.
Who really cares about the All Australian team. It's all about opinions and like the NFL team they wont ever play anybody.

I couldn’t give a rats tossbag about the gf entertainment, what does concern me however is the half time break being extended to 27 mins. So in the most important game of the year the teams will need to adjust to an extra long break so some campaigner can sing Geronimo!
only 2 mins longer than usual GF break

We reached peak shitness when that scrubber from Tones and I screeched for 10 minutes. Or who could forget Kath and Kim singing and dancing at half time one year. ******* embarrassing. Just play the anthem and start the game.

Oh no, they are playing domestic bands but not the ones I personally like and the half time break is a whole 2 minutes longer. The sky is falling.

The GF is in Brisbane in a season affected by Coronavirus. Who really cares about the GF entertainment? They'll never please everybody anyway.

Now there’s some MCG grass to be transported up to the Gabba and stuck onto the surface. What a ridiculous waste of time and money
I was wondering when this would come out.

Contractually, it means that the AFL fulfils the contract that the GF be played ON the MCG......

... and no, I'm not kidding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst there have been underwhelming acts in years gone by and the AFL should rightly be whipped for it, I don't think it's fair this year.

There was never going to be elite entertainment this year.

DMAs are fine, but if they're going to get non-QLD entertainment how about Slowly Slowly or Stand Atlantic? fu**, why not Benee or E^st?
Be very interesting to see what their third song is after they play Glow and Criminals.

Never heard of any of them.
In fact, music this century and Australian music this century is quite indistinguishable.
A G.F. act should not only be popular but clear to the whole audience.

Whilst there have been underwhelming acts in years gone by and the AFL should rightly be whipped for it, I don't think it's fair this year.

There was never going to be elite entertainment this year.
There are bigger local names around than those selected.
they have been banging on about a night grand final providing better entertainment opportunities and then select underwhelming acts when the chance finally arrives.

Should have put enormous money in front of powderfinger so they couldn’t say no.

There are bigger local names around than those selected.
they have been banging on about a night grand final providing better entertainment opportunities and then select underwhelming acts when the chance finally arrives.

Should have put enormous money in front of powderfinger so they couldn’t say no.
You want a competition that has put Docklands up as a guarantee for a loan to survive to shell out an indefinite amount of money to ensure 15-20 minutes of entertainment prior to a football game?

Does anyone actually care about entertainment before the game? Honestly who cares...you are there for the game!

Just get "Up there Cazaly" on and start the game. The end.
Unfortunately a lot of the corporates aren't there for the game.
I'm all for scrapping the netertainment, and having the under 18 division2 and division 1 finals in the lead-up.
For example in 2021 it could end up being Qld v Tas, Vic Metro v WA, Brisbane v West Coast. National level football all day.
Have the anthem if you must. The parade of retiring players, medalists, etc, fine and suitable in making it a day of footy.

You want a competition that has put Docklands up as a guarantee for a loan to survive to shell out an indefinite amount of money to ensure 15-20 minutes of entertainment prior to a football game?
No, I’d be happy with a half time sprint and longest kick comp.

The AFL Are the ones saying the entertainment is such a vital part of GF day.

No, I’d be happy with a half time sprint and longest kick comp.

The AFL Are the ones saying the entertainment is such a vital part of GF day.
It is. They’re doing the best they can with what they have.

Imagine the slap in the face to all the hundreds of staff let go if they go and spend an outlandish amount of money on Grand Final entertainment..

It is. They’re doing the best they can with what they have.

Imagine the slap in the face to all the hundreds of staff let go if they go and spend an outlandish amount of money on Grand Final entertainment..
They’ve just spent the week flying the cup around remote QLD with full security detail

Remove this Banner Ad

Back