Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

I can only conclude they’re waiting for an answer from Roos before announcing Rhyce’s departure so they can announce Roos’ appointment at the same time.

The club is foolish if they think they can hold out much longer.

I deeply feel for Rhyce and hope he will be ok and I understand it must be hard for all at the club, but sometimes it just feels like f$&@ing amateur hour looking from the outside in.

I can picture it already... “North brings in caretaker coach...” ☹️

Honestly, could 2020 get any worse for us!

Silverlining if Roos was coming into a coaching role, be as it may as a caretaker... not the worst news of 2020

Yes, i know Rhyces wellbeing and health are important and I hope he gets all the support and help and gets better. We were so bad onfield this year, Roos might turn things around... slightly.

Probably not the most reliable source but interesting.
aflcentral Strong reports coming through that Paul Roos will be the coach of North Melbourne in 2021 with John Blakey as his assistant.

Interesting.. more to come.
#AFL

Silverlining if Roos was coming into a coaching role, be as it may as a caretaker... not the worst news of 2020

Yes, i know Rhyces wellbeing and health are important and I hope he gets all the support and help and gets better. We were so bad onfield this year, Roos might turn things around... slightly.

I was more so referring to whole year and of course all the off field stuff.

I’m actually very supportive of getting Roos onboard. He brings instant respect and professionalism and it’s definitely what we need at present. And we need it urgently! I definitely feel he could bring cohesion.

Last edited:
Probably not the most reliable source but interesting.
aflcentral Strong reports coming through that Paul Roos will be the coach of North Melbourne in 2021 with John Blakey as his assistant.

Interesting.. more to come.
#AFL
They would just be aggregating the already circulating Brad Hardie news.

Trade season really brings out those teenagers with access to social media and Adobe Photoshop.

I know Roos did a great job at Sydney but not sure if he improved much on-field for Melbourne. They are still a bit of a rabble. Dumped talented but troublesome players to improve the culture of the club, improved internal standards but has not managed to get any consistency from what should be a reasonable talented list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Roos did a great job at Sydney but not sure if he improved much on-field for Melbourne. They are still a bit of a rabble. Dumped talented but troublesome players to improve the culture of the club, improved internal standards but has not managed to get any consistency from what should be a reasonable talented list.

I used to enjoy watching Melbourne because of how bad they were. Watching Neele's eye twitch. Losing by 100 every other week. They were the worst team I've ever seen by far.

2007 - Bottom 3
2008 - Bottom 1
2009 - Bottom 1
2010 - Bottom 5
2011 - Bottom 5
2012 - Bottom 3
2013 - Bottom 2
2014 - Bottom 2

They're nowhere near what they used to be and I fear we are heading for that level of performance too. We might just need a coach that can help build us from the ground up. We're that low at the moment.

I know Roos did a great job at Sydney but not sure if he improved much on-field for Melbourne.

4 wins, 7 wins, 10 wins in his three seasons, then 12 wins and 14 wins (plus prelim) in the two seasons immediately after he left. He clearly did a decent job there given the state they were in when he took over.

I was more so referring to whole year and of course all the off field stuff.

I’m actually very supportive of getting Roos onboard. He brings instant respect and professionalism and it’s definitely what we need at present. And we need it urgently! I definitely feel he could bring cohesion.
And hopefully we can get a News headline to top the greatest headline of all time.

454A937D-01DB-410E-B735-E21CF1B08631.jpeg

4 wins, 7 wins, 10 wins in his three seasons, then 12 wins and 14 wins (plus prelim) in the two seasons immediately after he left. He clearly did a decent job there given the state they were in when he took over.

Melbourne's issues were a bit different to ours.

I do not understand why we are looking at the bloke.

And hopefully we can get a News headline to top the greatest headline of all time.

View attachment 985051
Very good, hadn’t seen that, up there with the Inverness Caley Thistle headline from years ago.

He should win the abomination the NRL have for a B & F these days by the length of the straight if they’re fair dinkum.

Melbourne's issues were a bit different to ours.

I do not understand why we are looking at the bloke.

We need someone who is prepared to fill-in for a short period of time until we can get Simpson?

Serious question mate
If Rhyce can’t do the job for whatever reason, who would you be looking at?

NFI mate.

I'll take a stab at Nathan van Berlo on a 2 year tenure to prepare for the return of Simmo.

Bring Pratty back home with him.

If rumours are true then I'd be pretty surprised if we appointed another rookie coach, and if we were to do that, it'd probably be Patch.

Please no.

If we throw an even less experienced bloke than Rhyce to the wolves we'd be complete idiots.

I'd take Don Pyke or Rodney Eade ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back