Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

So Adrian Dodoro... really puts the DODO in Dodoro. :drunk:

If only he would go extinct.

I see where you're going with this, but as long as he stays at Essendon, they'll forever be at best a middle of the road team.

Oliver won’t be coming to carlton and either is wines

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry, asj - for you to categorically state Oliver isn't coming is incorrect. There is enough noise within this forum and outside of it to suggest there is something playing out here.
Whether it plays out in Oliver in ultimately joining the blues, only time will tell. Is it possible? Absolutely!!! Is it likely? Only a very glass is half full optimist would say yes. Relies on three things. 1. Oliver saying for sure he wants to join us. 2. Melbourne agreeing to let him go. 3. And finally - a trade to get it done, knowing that we still have to get Saad across and the high demand for that pick 7.

There is also the possibility that if other clubs get a sense that Oliver is gettable, and his goal is to leave Melbourne, who's to say other clubs with trade currency don't throw their hats in the ring.

Last edited:
Playing along with the hypothetical that we’ll have a quality midfielder under contract nominate us, I really see the Blues struggling to come up with the currency to make it happen WITHOUT trading out a quality player.

Recent trades (Shiel, Treloar, Neale, et al.) show that they’re (proven quality midfielders) basically worth two top 10 picks.

We have next years first and 7 (which will potentially be split for two latter picks).

Austin potentially has his work cut out for him.

Last edited:
I thought the story was that Oliver is a team player. Are you saying that's not the case?

Not necessarily, just that the post I quoted from suggested Viney/Oliver tensions and some suggested that Oliver was unhappy at their B and F counting - that would be “Melbourne’s problem not ours”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing along with the hypothetical that we’ll have a quality midfielder under contract nominate us, I really see is struggling to come up with currency to make it happen WITHOUT trading out a quality player.

Recent trades (Shiel, Treloar, Neale, et al.) show that they’re (proven quality midfielders) basically worth two top 10 picks.

We have next years first and 7 (which will potentially be split for two latter picks).

Austin potentially has his work cut out for him.

Can't see us bringing Oliver across without losing a forward. Not worth it IMO.

Phillips seems like a K-Mart version of Marc with a C.

The Murphy bashing around here is getting old, making snide references to him doesn't help make any point youre trying to make. He's been a bloody good player for our club for a long time. Give it a rest.

In the very likely event that we don't get Wines, Oliver, Mitchell, Kelly or any of the other A-graders whose name has been floated on here, Phillips from the Pies would be a perfect consolation prize. Right age and right type of player. Would be rapt to pick him up.

And thus concludes the greatest trade period in history.

I think this is fair.
And we can move on to Merrett this time next year.

Also, Wines almost a certainty to stay at Port. Previous issues he had are now resolved. I’d be very surprised if he’s wearing another jumper next year.
Bummer.

We'll, if C Oliver does come across he can hold onto Cripps at stoppages in practice...
Yay...

I’m for ignoring Oliver and Wines, get Saad done and pick up a couple of cheaper depth players like Phillips.

We have plenty of kids coming though in the midfield, they should all get opportunity next year, pending injury.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On the Higgins rumour, his addition seems like sound and logical list management that is affordable and high impact.

It gives us 3 quality recruits across each line, Saad in defence, Williams in the midfield and Higgins in the forward half. All 3 have pace and skill. It won’t break the bank, both in terms of salary cap and trade currency. Importantly, it will drastically improve the team (hopefully) on the paradigm of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back