Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

Please no.

If we throw an even less experienced bloke than Rhyce to the wolves we'd be complete idiots.

I'd take Don Pyke or Rodney Eade ahead of him.

The coach thing this year was a complete freak event mate.

Serious question mate
If Rhyce can’t do the job for whatever reason, who would you be looking at?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mark "Chocco" Williams for me..Coaching Werribee at the moment and wouldn't mind another chance at the top level plus wont take any nonsense from anyone....Also has finals experience...

My point stands though.

If Rhyce leaves whenever that is as anything other than a premiership coach, I'd strongly advocate against another rookie.

I actually agree with you.

Gary Ayres.

Please no.

If we throw an even less experienced bloke than Rhyce to the wolves we'd be complete idiots.

I'd take Don Pyke or Rodney Eade ahead of him.

Don Pyke? I can imagine the players will be wondering why this song will be on repeat...

He pretty much destroyed a top 4 team over one pre-season camp, that is quite the achievement.

And who could forget Rocket...

At least Minson is off.

The chess pieces are falling nicely, we got former roo in the box, archer at board, king and carey in the media. When we get the balls rolling, it's a pretty big bandwagon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with some of these people named is that if the club really wants Simpson and he is ready to return after his current contract expires then it is unfair to get a coach out of a stable position and then get rid of him after a year or so. This was Pickering's main gripe about what we did to Jade Rawlings and I understand where he is coming from.

Someone like Paul Roos who doesn't really want to be a coach could be suitable IF we need a short-term coach replacement because he wont get his knickers in a bunch when we get rid of him when his replacement is ready to take over.

The chess pieces are falling nicely, we got former roo in the box, archer at board, king and carey in the media. When we get the balls rolling, it's a pretty big bandwagon.
Dont forget the man in charge....Brady Rawlings....

Don Pyke? I can imagine the players will be wondering why this song will be on repeat...

He pretty much destroyed a top 4 team over one pre-season camp, that is quite the achievement.

And who could forget Rocket...

At least Minson is off.

You’re suggesting our ruck coach Will Minson?

The problem with some of these people named is that if the club really wants Simpson and he is ready to return after his current contract expires then it is unfair to get a coach out of a stable position and then get rid of him after a year or so. This was Pickering's main gripe about what we did to Jade Rawlings and I understand where he is coming from.

Someone like Paul Roos who doesn't really want to be a coach could be suitable IF we need a short-term coach replacement because he wont get his knickers in a bunch when we get rid of him when his replacement is ready to take over.

[rocket eade] Since when were we in the ****ing business of prioritizing coaches careers?

We're not a ****ing job agency you *******!!!

GET TAS OFF! * HIM! [/rocket eade]

Agreed.

Personally I don't think we should be going after Simmo.

If we need to find a new coach then we should go for someone who actually wants the job and is fully committed to applying for it and be broad in our list of candidates.

Also head hunting is fine and getting North blokes in is fine but personally have reservations about our hiring process outside of that method.

Don’t really care if we win

I completely understand that thought
Still believe getting too much of that won’t get us any closer, need a counter to that much defensive tactics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back