News Adam Saad nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read what Whipsy Dipsy Watson had to say about what we should do in regards to acquiring Saad - Just let go of the pick #7.....Easy.
Why not Timmy, as a first round pick is a first round pick. Matty Rowell is the same as Thompson Dow.....same, same. :)

Shoot me now. How do these......never mind.

When we got Martin GC supporters on this board were having cracks at us. Wasn’t our fault, I suggested they remonstrate with their club if they were paid up members...was a very immature commercial decision made by their recruitment dept...doubt Cameron will make that mistake again.

Agree. We made it very public what we offered.

I posed the question on * board whether they would be willing to use pick 6 on Saad in the ND... only one numpty so far said yes... not sure they've tweaked that we'd never give them more than 7 for him anyway and if Dodo continues to be a jerk we'd just use 7 in the ND on Saad instead of trading it to them. Clearly they have not tweaked that is our game plan... we're happy to use 7 in ND for him (or if we split into 2 later picks use one on him), and you get nothing.. else after we trade that 7 to get a couple later picks take one of those and be happy.

Is anyone aware of whether carlton have put counter offers to Dodoro? And if so, what they were?*

*let me head you off at the pass. I have read dodos alleged opening gambits and I agree they’re utterly ridiculous. Just genuinely interested if anyone has heard anything.

Is anyone aware of whether carlton have put counter offers to Dodoro? And if so, what they were?*

*let me head you off at the pass. I have read dodos alleged opening gambits and I agree they’re utterly ridiculous. Just genuinely interested if anyone has heard anything.
Not much, that we're exploring splitting the pick 7 and then we've all assumed one of the picks that's been split into would be the offer.

Get used to it Carlton fans.

This Dildo bloke is a deadset nutter.

I breathed a sigh of relief that Saad did not say “make me a Hawk”

This Dildo bloke would have wanted our pick 4, Jack Gunston, Clarko, and the chance to have his pic taken with our 3 Peat Cups.

Strap yourselves in.

:thumbsu:

Not much, that we're exploring splitting the pick 7 and then we've all assumed one of the picks that's been split into would be the offer.
Sounds like the logical conclusion. I think any club would do the same.

If Saad was to get to the Blues it would be fine, if he didn’t, we would be in big trouble.

The preseason draft isn't the gamble people think it is. Players have a lot of power to set where they go. Saad's manager has stated that Saad is willing to go into the PSD and will not do a medical or play for any club other that Carlton even if he sits out for a year. No one else will pick him.

The preseason draft isn't the gamble people think it is. Players have a lot of power to set where they go. Saad's manager has stated that Saad is willing to go into the PSD and will not do a medical or play for any club other that Carlton even if he sits out for a year. No one else will pick him.
Unlikely but what’s to stop Essendon picking him in the PSD just to be pricks, or North, and he sits out for a year? Doesn’t help him or us if sits out for the year.

The ND and using #7 or a later first rounder would be safer....also it would send a very clear and positive message to Saad and any other future prospects - if you pick Carlton as a destination club we will do the right thing and everything we can to get you here.

Unlikely but what’s to stop Essendon picking him in the PSD just to be pricks, or North, and he sits out for a year? Doesn’t help him or us if sits out for the year.

Technically nothing, but ultimately no club would pick a player who doesn't want to be there.

If talks were called off and Saad nominated for the PSD and maintained that he only wanted to play for Carlton, he would get to Carlton.

It won't come to that though.

Technically nothing, but ultimately no club would pick a player who doesn't want to be there.

If talks were called off and Saad nominated for the PSD and maintained that he only wanted to play for Carlton, he would get to Carlton.

It won't come to that though.
Sounds logical J. Will be interesting to see what we do with #7.

Saad not doing a medical with other clubs is close to meaningless. You have two clubs who’ve offered him 5 year deals on big money (for a half back flanker). By association with those offers there is no compelling reason to need to do a medical in order to take him in the PSD. Him not wanting to play for your club is a different matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a club not doing their own due diligence including medical leaves them open to all sorts of legal horrors - what will norf's lawyer say in court - "well we thought carlton's medical team had it covered pretty good your honour.........."

Sounds like the logical conclusion. I think any club would do the same.

Rumours about us chasing a big name mid keep popping up, eg Oliver, I think if all of those fall through then we don't have a real reason not to hand over pick 7, if Dodoro really wants to play hardball.

I hate Essendon so much that I would be offering something less than 7 on its own, eg 7 for Saad and Essendons future second. Then if rejected would walk Saad to the draft and use 7 to draft him.

Probably not a smart long term move as you would invite other clubs to do the same to you, but it would feel really good short term

Well that’s not accurate at all. Saad’s manager did say that Adam wouldn’t talk to or do a medical at any other club, but he definitely didn’t say Adam wouldn’t play for any other club and he never mentioned sitting out for a year.

Not playing for anyone else and threatening to sit out for a year, not only would have the manager lose his license but have Saad suspended for years, what you suggested is a big big no no. If Saad enters either draft and refuses to play for whoever picks him, his career is done.

Well that’s not accurate at all. Saad’s manager did say that Adam wouldn’t talk to or do a medical at any other club, but he definitely didn’t say Adam wouldn’t play for any other club and he never mentioned sitting out for a year.

Not playing for anyone else and threatening to sit out for a year, not only would have the manager lose his license but have Saad suspended for years, what you suggested is a big big no no. If Saad enters either draft and refuses to play for whoever picks him, his career is done.
PSD not a good option as Norfs or Hawks would take Saad no matter how we front load it.
Best taken in National draft IMO

Rumours about us chasing a big name mid keep popping up, eg Oliver, I think if all of those fall through then we don't have a real reason not to hand over pick 7, if Dodoro really wants to play hardball.

I hate Essendon so much that I would be offering something less than 7 on its own, eg 7 for Saad and Essendons future second. Then if rejected would walk Saad to the draft and use 7 to draft him.

Probably not a smart long term move as you would invite other clubs to do the same to you, but it would feel really good short term
I'd offer 7+27 for Saad+6

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd offer 7+27 for Saad+6

Or maybe we should say to Dodoro "Well, if you reckon you've done such a good job, and you're up with the best, how about we just swap future firsts? Don't you want an upgrade?" And wouldn't it be fun to have another pick-swap death-riding thread....

Surely that's not right.

PSD not a good option as Norfs or Hawks would take Saad no matter how we front load it.
Best taken in National draft IMO

Agree, and we should do it even if Dodoro offers 7 in a straight swap.

That's what he gets for bidding on JSOS and then also asking for him in the Papley deal (even if he was joking)

Players can’t refuse to play for a club if they enter the draft, or are you talking about another part of my post? Quite a few players and clubs were fined and suspended in the 90s for doing such things.
I thought they could sit out the year.

He could refuse to sign for less than $1M for next year though, surely?

What happens if the team and player can't come to terms on the contract?

If he nominated a $ figure, then the team picking him would be obliged to pay him that.

So if he gets to us we could pay it then restructure the deal to make it 5 years. If he gets picked up by someone else he gets a huge payday and can request a trade again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back