Society/Culture Karen spotting!

Remove this Banner Ad

Are only islamists allowed to be called muhammad?

stop trying to deflect. The examples are the same. Do you think it is anti islamist if we start giving people who act as terrorists (regardless of their identity) the moniker "muhammads"?

The examples are not the same of course, but i'll play along. No it isn't anti islamist, it's anti terrorist, if you don't "act as a terrorist" you won't be given this imaginary nickname in this made up situation of yours.

Are only islamists allowed to be called muhammad?

stop trying to deflect. The examples are the same. Do you think it is anti islamist if we start giving people who act as terrorists (regardless of their identity) the moniker "muhammads"?

I think there's a fair distinction between the actions that would get you labelled those two names. The first is more of a "being a rude lady" kind of behaviour, while the latter is more "flying commercial airliners full of people into skyscrapers" thing.

I suppose you could say I had a 'Karen' encounter the other day at work, albeit only mildly - they weren't wearing masks when they popped into the shop and insisted I shouldn't wear one either, for Covid-19 is a conspiracy. I didn't really know what to say to that.

I suppose you could say I had a 'Karen' encounter the other day at work, albeit only mildly - they weren't wearing masks when they popped into the shop and insisted I shouldn't wear one either, for Covid-19 is a conspiracy. I didn't really know what to say to that.

tell them Soros pays you $50 a day to wear your mask

The examples are not the same of course, but i'll play along. No it isn't anti islamist, it's anti terrorist, if you don't "act as a terrorist" you won't be given this imaginary nickname in this made up situation of yours.
How is calling a terrorist muhammad anti terrorist? Do you think being named muhammad is a worse thing to being a terrorist?

I think there's a fair distinction between the actions that would get you labelled those two names. The first is more of a "being a rude lady" kind of behaviour, while the latter is more "flying commercial airliners full of people into skyscrapers" thing.
yeah the magnitudes of the actions are different. So what? That doesnt change anything. If its discriminatory for one its discriminatory to both. its just the magnitude of discrimination is different but its still discrimination in both examples.

the concept of labelling a bad action by a name that is obviously belonging to a specific gender or race is discrimination.

no one using the term karen in this thread can complain about right wingers calling terrorists muhammads. that would make you hypocrites.

How is calling a terrorist muhammad anti terrorist? Do you think being named muhammad is a worse thing to being a terrorist?

Wouldn’t the name only be given to people who are conducting terrorist activities?

I think you should write an open letter or something explaining your Muhammad theory and share widely on social media and gauge the reaction. I’m gonna guess you’ll be called a Karen in the comments section.

yeah the magnitudes of the actions are different. So what? That doesnt change anything. If its discriminatory for one its discriminatory to both. its just the magnitude of discrimination is different but its still discrimination in both examples.

the concept of labelling a bad action by a name that is obviously belonging to a specific gender or race is discrimination.

no one using the term karen in this thread can complain about right wingers calling terrorists muhammads. that would make you hypocrites.

Alright, you've convinced me. We can call terrorists Muhammads.

righto Karen...ease up..calm your farm...or we’ll have to taser you in the front of all these nice people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a Zoom call with my colleagues this week and we have a new lady named Karen, she was dead set embarrassed to introduce herself. fu** it was awkward.

Felt pretty bad for her. Lovely lady.

I work with a Karen, she's a nasty piece of work, I don't feel sorry for her ha ha

if we started calling terrorists "muhammads" because most modern terrorists are islamist (i have no idea if thats true but a lot of people think it - which is the same case here With karen) would you think that is racist?
The irony would be that their name would be mohammed.

A friend told me something in confidence and swore me to secrecy; their middle name is Karen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back