Play Nice 2020 Non AFL Admin, Crowds, Ratings, Participation etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very much doubt it's got anything to do with what's being presented in the product itself or any politics,

Welt it is in the mix.

some combination of overlapping sports, sports being played outside of its usual season/routine,

As well as no crowds and the absence of some teams.

Americans now being able to travel/do things like they haven't over the last 6 months, .

I thought the problem was the lack of restrictions.

they don't really want to stay inside and watch sports.

Even when Americans travel, they watch sports. They seek out the nearest sports bar etc.

Sports viewership on virtually every single sport - whether it be their Tennis, Golf, Soccer etc. on top of the standard big 4 American sports have all had the same downswing of 50-60% even with completely different presentation.

That's probably because many people have reduced their sport's package and that would reduce viewing across the board.
In the U.S.A. and in many of the world sports many of the top professionals are out with Covis19 or the fear there-of.

NBA Game 6, 5.6 million viewers, massively down from last years match which rated 18.34 million (up against Sunday night NFL which rated 11.4 million). Game 6 Chicago Bulls V Utah Jazz back in 1998 rated 36.9 million viewers.

Harris polling results show many people have been turned off due to the over abundance of politics that the NBA has adopted and allowed.

Really is amazingly low. Not far off the A league in Australia on per head basis.

I'm more concerned with the AFLPA and the media that seem to want to force the AFL into adopting this stuff, even though it has no relevance here.
Guy that puts the Orange Turnip in his Avatar is upset the AFL takes a stand on social issues.

Consider me shocked.

Guy that puts the Orange Turnip in his Avatar is upset the AFL takes a stand on social issues.

Consider me shocked.

I assumed he was doing it for a bit of a larf.
Hard to imagine any Australian giving a fig about Trump (actually, it's hard to believe that 40% of Americans support him, they must be some of the dumbest people on Earth).

it's hard to believe that 40% of Americans support him, they must be some of the dumbest people on Earth).

History records the events and horrors of WWII but little is done to explain how it came about - the rise of a dictator.
Trump uses the same devices - diversion, blaming, grandiose statements, lies, manipulations, military, social division etc.
Make (insert country) great again. It's the (insert people) bringing us down. I'm sending in the (insert military group) in. etc etc.

Hard to imagine any Australian giving a fig about Trump (actually, it's hard to believe that 40% of Americans support him, they must be some of the dumbest people on Earth).

It reflects the state of US politics & the commentary on it, so little genuine analysis on either side.

His base is unlettered red necks and they are not known for being intelligent.
How anybody can be taken in by his constant lies is beyond me.The US must have the worse state education of all western countries and the proof is these red necks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They always struggle to sellout the nrl gf though and the prices are usually dirt cheap. It's a tv sport though, ...oh hang on...

Yes but ANZ holds 83,000 so if the NRL are struggling to sell less than half the capacity its not a good look and the NRL are maybe lucky it is only 40,000 they have to sell.
but its not a normal year

Its tough sell bagging out what should be the biggest crowd in this country since march in an area which still has small pockets of covid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back