Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming you're referring to splitting our pick for two of theirs, but yeah, seems logical. Reckon most Carlton supporters are happy to arrange a late first.

But if the reality is that Dodo is making these sorts of demands then it's gonna end up a mess. They're so far off the mark it'd have to be embarrassing for Essendon as a club. My money is still on The Age exaggerating demands.
Yeah the suggestion was 7 and 27 for 13 and 16 I think. So effectively Carlton get Saad and a late first rounder for pick 7 and a second rounder. Essendon get market value for Saad which is really all they could be hoping for privately. It’s good in theory but depends on Geelong being prepared to drop down into the mid/late 30s after all the academy picks predicted to compromise this draft.
Saying that I would be shocked if Dodo thinks he can get what the Age are reporting.

Last edited:
I didn't.

You actually believe that real trades are points driven (unless points are needed for a secondary, artificial purpose)?

Wow. I have a bridge in Sydney you might be interested in buying.
Pretty sure you said points are nonsense.... seems dismissive if you ask me! And no, I don't think trades are points driven but they certainly provide a guide as to what a pick is worth and when a club does not possess a suitable pick to get the trade done. In this instance 7 is too high, 27 too low. Time to get creative

Carlton fans do seem to understand just what they're dealing with.

Half the problem is that i doubt anyone has informed dodo how the entire market switches off when you start by asking $100K for the rusty old nissan in the back paddock....assuming someone MIGHT respond with an offer of $90K.

He's just so damn smart. Ahead of his time i reckon.

Impressive negotiation skills.

All I know is that Essendon are losing good players, turning the remainder of their list against the club and ostracising all of the other footy managers.

At the same time Carlton is using a top 10 pick and 1/4 of their salary cap is taken up by McGovern, Saad, Williams and Martin.

It's happy days for a Saints supporter!

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure you said points are nonsense.... seems dismissive if you ask me! And no, I don't think trades are points driven but they certainly provide a guide as to what a pick is worth

No. They don't.

The worth of a pick is unbreakably tied to to how much it is worth to the individual club at its individual list management state at that moment in time. Versus the potential of the pick to obtain other benefits at that time.

Point analysis from chin scratchers is worth not one pinch of rocking horse s**t.

It’s about relationships generally and building trust. Something more underlined and important when your interactions are going to be likely over multiple years/transactions

Yep. The idea that you treat every negotiation through the lens of a zero sum 'I win, you lose' transaction is idiotic enough in the real world, but it's particularly stupid when you know you're in an 18-team sporting competition where teams are at different stages of list development and can at times genuinely be better potential friends than foes.

All I know is that Essendon are losing good players, turning the remainder of their list against the club and ostracising all of the other footy managers.

At the same time Carlton is using a top 10 pick and 1/4 of their salary cap is taken up by McGovern, Saad, Williams and Martin.

All frontloaded though as apparently we still have room for another 2-3 players.

Yep. The idea that you treat every negotiation through the lens of a zero sum 'I win, you lose' transaction is idiotic enough in the real world, but it's particularly stupid when you know you're in an 18-team sporting competition where teams are at different stages of list development and can at times genuinely be better potential friends than foes.
Yup Geelong are probably the opposite of dodo.

Look to make big gains by making lots of incremental trades. Keep everyone happy. Keep a good reputation. Get s**t done.

Dodo goes for the big swing each time but more often than not doesnt land a single blow.

Essendon are really a mess. Pathetic.

Dodoro clearly wants pick 7. This is how he always starts. Starts ambitious with a target in mind. That's negotiating 101.

If you were selling your house and someone knocked on your door and offered you $1, you'd call than an 'ambitious opening offer to begin negotiations.'

Everyone else in the world laughs and slam the door in that losers face.

No. They don't.

The worth of a pick is unbreakably tied to to how much it is worth to the individual club at its individual list management state at that moment in time. Versus the potential of the pick to obtain other benefits at that time.

Point analysis from chin scratchers is worth not one pinch of rocking horse sh*t.
Exactly why I don't simply see Geelong handing over 13 and 16 for 7 even if 27 comes back to break the inevitable deadlock.

Geelong like to recruit local talent and there are two Geelong falcon's kids, likely to both go in the top 10 but not in the top 5. Surely they would be eyeing of a situation where they can secure both 6 from essendon and 7 from Carlton.

I threw constable in there as he is currently excess to Geelong's need and is a suitable type for essendon

Exactly why I don't simply see Geelong handing over 13 and 16 for 7 even if 27 comes back to break the inevitable deadlock.

Geelong like to recruit local talent and there are two Geelong falcon's kids, likely to both go in the top 10 but not in the top 5. Surely they would be eyeing of a situation where they can secure both 6 from essendon and 7 from Carlton.

I threw constable in there as he is currently excess to Geelong's need and is a suitable type for essendon

Determined little sucker, aren't you.

Good luck with your fantasy.

Reckon 7 is required and essendon might try to split their 6 with geelong to beat you to the post.... I'd propose a 3 way trade between the clubs.

Carlton in's - Saad, 33 (Geel), 41 (ess). Carl out's pick 7 and 27. Values saad around pick 11 (fair for some getting a 5 year contract for 3+ mil)
Geelong in's - 6 (ess), 7 and 27 (both carl). Geelongs out's 11,13, 16-19 (depending on finishing order)and constable. Values constable in the mid 40's
Essendon in's- Constable, 11, 13, 16-19 (all from Geelong). Essendon out's 6, 41 and saad.

happy to throw a future 3rd rounder from essendon to Carlton and get a future 4th back if they need the ego win to get it over the line
No
That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that he not leaving because of Dodoro.
you know this for a fact do you? Also if you don’t think what dodoro did last trade period wouldn’t have annoyed Daniher then you are living in fantasy land

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, the classic moron's idea of smart negotiating. An approach to negotiating endorsed by everyone's drunk uncle who works in a warehouse, and laughed at by everybody who has to actually seriously negotiate for a living.

Don't get me wrong, the 'make initial outlandish demands strategy and bargain down' strategy can work - if you know you are also dealing with a weak idiot who is not willing to walk away from a bad deal. Like when Dodoro bent St Kilda over.

But if you're not dealing with an idiot, this type of negotiating makes you the idiot.
When exactly did he bend st kilda over ? If you’re talking about the Carlyle trade then your on drugs we got jake and the pick used to get jade greasham who has been a gun for us dodoro got pick 6 which he wasted on a absolute bust in Aaron Francis if that’s getting bent over 😂

Yup Geelong are probably the opposite of dodo.

Look to make big gains by making lots of incremental trades. Keep everyone happy. Keep a good reputation. Get sh*t done.

Dodo goes for the big swing each time but more often than not doesnt land a single blow.

Essendon are really a mess. Pathetic.

Pfft Geelong are absolute swindlers. Dangerfield, Tim Kelly, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Tuohy, Christensen. Buy low, sell high.

Dodoro is the only bloke in the club doing his job. He has built a high quality list which will be proven by what we receive in trade compensation for guys like Daniher + Saad. That we can't mould that talent into a competitive unit is on the football department - both from a fitness + conditioning and a coaching perspective.

Our game plan is an utter embarrassment. We work harder than any other team to get the ball into our forward line and then watch it go straight back over our heads with alarming regularity.

Daniher
Merrett
Shiel
McGrath
Hooker
Hurley
Smith
Heppell
Fantasia
Ridley
McKenna
Saad
Tipungwuti
Zaharakis
Parish

If Alistair Clarkson was coaching a team with that sort of talent we'd be a constant threat.

Embarrassment of a club.

if you're banking your happiness and st kildas success on carltons future salary cap which you have absolutely zero idea about, then you're probably going to need to re-think your investment.

you know this for a fact do you? Also if you don’t think what dodoro did last trade period wouldn’t have annoyed Daniher then you are living in fantasy land

Do you?

If Daniher was already keen to leave before Dodoro did or didn't do anything last trade period, logic would say that Daniher's primary reason for leaving isn't because of Dodoro.

To me it's clear that Daniher first and foremost wants a quieter life outside of the Melbourne footy bubble.

People seem to want to pin all the blame and responsibility of player retention on Dodoro, when like wuth all list managers, the player's mind is largely made up before it gets to the point of facilitating a trade.

Do you?

If Daniher was already keen to leave before Dodoro did or didn't do anything last trade period, logic would say that Daniher's primary reason for leaving isn't because of Dodoro.

To me it's clear that Daniher first and foremost wants a quieter life outside of the Melbourne footy bubble.

People seem to want to pin all the blame and responsibility of player retention on Dodoro, when like wuth all list managers, the player's mind is largely made up before it gets to the point of facilitating a trade.
Well dodoro could have traded him for two firsts last year now they will be lucky if they get half that a lot of that is on dodoro being the list manager

Pfft Geelong are absolute swindlers. Dangerfield, Tim Kelly, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Tuohy, Christensen. Buy low, sell high.
Swindlers? What on earth are you going on about? The only player there who we really levered out of a club was Dangerfield from Adelaide, but even that took a first pick, a second pick and a player.

And I'm sure you know all the happenings with Carlton's cap .

However my point stands, you shouldn't waste a ton of cap space and draft picks for half back flanks. Big coin is reserved for gun midfielders and key forwards.

If Carlton think that two half backs are going to take them to the promised land all power to them. I can't see it happening tbh.

Either way, this thread is about dodo, and he is a flog so let's leave it there
if you're banking your happiness and st kildas success on carltons future salary cap which you have absolutely zero idea about, then you're probably going to need to re-think your investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back