Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like we shouldn’t get so sucked in (I have for the past 7-8 years)

His hammies aren’t just going to magically get better.

Yes he is exactly the type of player we need and I love Garner. Tough, tackling machine, physical, x-factor. But he will not play more than a handful of games.

Is this worth it? Possibly. If he can play a few games before his body failing with soft tissue injuries and really help the team bring that “shinboner” spirit then I think Shaw will want him around

Should get a year with another year if he hits triggers like games played. He brings so much to this team and is worth the risk.

Tough, quick and fearless, the youngsters will walk taller with him in the team

Did a double take a this.

Given the number of times he has actually managed to get on the park, it is weird thinking of him as an older head.

Feel like we've barely seen him.

I feel like we shouldn’t get so sucked in (I have for the past 7-8 years)

His hammies aren’t just going to magically get better.

Yes he is exactly the type of player we need and I love Garner. Tough, tackling machine, physical, x-factor. But he will not play more than a handful of games.

Is this worth it? Possibly. If he can play a few games before his body failing with soft tissue injuries and really help the team bring that “shinboner” spirit then I think Shaw will want him around

His hammies did get better. Full preseason and only pinged after being denied the treatment he needs by COVID.

His hammies did get better. Full preseason and only pinged after being denied the treatment he needs by COVID.
As has been stated earlier, he needs the constant remedial work from the medical staff to ensure his hammies stay AFL level functional. Its seems that they have figured out how to manage him, and Garner seems to have understood that his career is almost over, given the absolute ripping condition he appeared in over the last two games. Defo worth a year.

As has been stated earlier, he needs the constant remedial work from the medical staff to ensure his hammies stay AFL level functional. Its seems that they have figured out how to manage him, and Garner seems to have understood that his career is almost over, given the absolute ripping condition he appeared in over the last two games. Defo worth a year.

His housemate Luke McDonald the same in terms of physical Nick.

Mutual penny dropping.

It takes a bit to produce a few key bursts in a couple of late games to save your skin but fingers crossed this was the case.

I had him delisted for sure.

But as others have said his ceiling is higher so I can understand the logic........but he barely gets out there which hurts, surely a very short deal backing him in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He qualifies for life membership in 2 years doesn't he?

I would hope its a base salary contract.

Hopefully he can FINALLY get it all together and show his potential.

Seriously... why? Mediocrity personified.
Because we have already axed 11 blokes, have several on the trade table, lists size reductions are looking to be pretty minimal, and Garns was probably the most impressive of all the players to return from a long term injury.

It's only a one year contract. If he can't build on his form or his hammies explode again then we can thank him for his service and wish him well at the end of next year

Because we have already axed 11 blokes, have several on the trade table, lists size reductions are looking to be pretty minimal, and Garns was probably the most impressive of all the players to return from a long term injury.

It's only a one year contract. If he can't build on his form or his hammies explode again then we can thank him for his service and wish him well at the end of next year

They have to have something to ****ing whine about anyway.

A bunch of negative campaigners around here.

I have to admit, he's a very strong candidate for next years whipping boy.

Who gives a *. What did serial whingers ever get done in this world? They're a waste of oxygen.

Happy to read this. Had him consigned for retirement because of his availability but his intensity in his senior games amongst a team of pigeons was compelling.

Plus while it feels like Rome is burning, there's something comforting about Kayne and Taylor hanging on. I kinda want to see as many of the old guard stick around as we can now especially potentially heading into the unknown.

Happy with this and hope like hell Garns knuckles down and returns to preseason fit and ripped, ready to make 2021 count. He’s been witness to how quickly it can be ended recently.

C’mon Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back