Coach Current coaching and recruiting structures

Remove this Banner Ad

Jade Rawlings now available, was thinking we'll just make do with what we've got with the football department spending cuts
Yeah, saw that - suggests North are in a very precarious financial state to axe three-quarters of their coaching staff, with most of those only commencing in roles this year.

Must be awkward when you are sacked by your brother less than one year into a three year contract.

Get J.Rawlings back for the trade/draft negotiations at least.

You guys realised you had this around the wrong way I hope?

Brady was the guy who worked for us, now the Football manager at North who sacked his brother, Jade.

Okay excuse my thundering ignorance but this "soft cap" I keep hearing about should mean that by definition, you're allowed to exceed it right? You just get taxed on the excess?

Okay excuse my thundering ignorance but this "soft cap" I keep hearing about should mean that by definition, you're allowed to exceed it right? You just get taxed on the excess?
Saw somewhere tax is 200%!!

Not sure if true but if it is you lose more than you spend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfields inability to pile on pressure and get the ball back if we lose the tap at a stoppage is concerning.

The opposition do VERY well to win it back off us after Naitanui palms it cleanly to Shuey/Sheed/Yeo/TK and we cough up the exit.

Unless it's an immaculate tap silky clearance, we usually flip around a couple handballs and stuff it completely, or it gets negated.

A dirty clearance is still better than no clearance at all. The amount of times our handball chain gets cut off with someone going backwards when we could easily thump it high forward I50 frustrates me.

I feel i watch the opposition win it back off us 5X more than i see us hassle THEM out of a clearance. I'm sure the rate Naitanui winning the taps 57.4% plays a factor here because we tend to get silver service more. But he doesn't win every tap, plus also Allen's hitout to advantage percentage is only 13.6%.

I feel i watch the opposition win it back off us 5X more than i see us hassle THEM out of a clearance. I'm sure the rate Naitanui winning the taps 57.4% plays a factor here because we tend to get silver service more. But he doesn't win every tap, plus also Allen's hitout to advantage percentage is only 13.6%.

And there Dark Sharks is another watch point / red flag as Allen ( or Hickey / Williams ) low hit outs to advantage % are a concern.
Its a time in the game when the better opposition midfield gets ascendancy and claw their way back into the game, or surge ahead....... its a momentum shift.

Thats why we surge and falter so often in our games.
It's, part of the reason why we cant hold on to leads an cough up 20 -30 point.
When NN is on song we are unstoppable, however when the centre clearances are not in our favour we often get steamrolled.

We need to work on our defensive side of centre clearances.

If we can flatten out the gap between our best and our worst centre clearance plays, we will be a 10-20 point a game better side.

My point exactly - being moved on as the weakest assistant - a man has to know his limitations

Not necessarily. Sometimes it is as simple as last person hired, first person fired. I used to work in big companies in Australia and England and I saw that happen a lot.

Didn't see this coming.

Good for Don. Probably a humbling thing to go back to assistant level after the Adelaide FC stuff (however the club's problems after his departure probably elucidates that he wasn't chiefly to blame). Really hope he gets another crack at it one day a la Ratten.

Key Scout Calls Time

Wardrop (opposition Analyst) has retired. Club knew about it for 12 months, so it will be interesting to see if they have a big fish lined up to replace him.

It was interesting in the article how he said he was surprised at how much harder it is to win from Perth, given the logistics involved. This coming from a guy who was at out club for the 1994 flag, went with Malthouse to the Pies until 2007, then was at the Hawks for all 4 flags until coming to us in 2016. It's not the first time a Victorian has had their eyes opened once they came over to the West (Mitchell said similar things).

Our midfields inability to pile on pressure and get the ball back if we lose the tap at a stoppage is concerning.

The opposition do VERY well to win it back off us after Naitanui palms it cleanly to Shuey/Sheed/Yeo/TK and we cough up the exit.

Unless it's an immaculate tap silky clearance, we usually flip around a couple handballs and stuff it completely, or it gets negated.

A dirty clearance is still better than no clearance at all. The amount of times our handball chain gets cut off with someone going backwards when we could easily thump it high forward I50 frustrates me.

Nic doesn’t always tap it to us, I see many times our midfield have a chat, they all run where they thought the ball was going and Nic knocks it straight to the opposition. Nothing can be perfect of course but you can’t just blame the mids, Nic is at fault also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back