FTA-TV Open Mike

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really ? That’s a shame. Hope they continue the concept with sometime else ?

Someone has to keep telling the great stories of our games history.

They announced it on 360 tonight, Gerard & Robbo are interviewing Mike for the final episode which airs next week. I’m gonna miss it.
That sucks
Sure Mike isn't always the best interviewer, but I've learnt a lot of great stories over the journey

Might be in the minority but this show went to sh*t years ago. Sheahan is a shithouse interviewer and the show itself doesn't go for long enough.
Definitely could have been better haha
But at least it was something of the type

Concept is great. Execution slowly fell away but brilliant at its peak. Could continue with the right host but not sure who that could be. Sad to see it finish.
Wonder if GW and Robbo will ask him what sort of money he is on?
Gary Lyon could do it

Been in the industry long enough and did some one on ones at TFS

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I had herd somewhere the going rate for guests was $5k per episode for someone they really wanted. But some happy to do for free.

wonder if the show is a victim of cost cutting?
for sure.

Half the stuff he talks about is already out there if you wanna dig through the net.

"oh so you kicked that goal in the grand final.. how did u feel?"

"yeah good"

"after the break... how else did you feel?"

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
He's the pick of the bunch in footy circles, surely.
Post prelim interviews with Zach Tuohey and Sam Menegola showed how bad their preparation is in most cases. Luke Darcy butchers the pronounciation of Tuohey's hometown Portlaois (Port-leash) JB talks mentions Menegola was born in the NT before being told "that's not true". 5min of research to avoid that.

You need a journo because they've been taught how to research.

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Week 1, Bill Brownless
Opening minute of that interview
1603015856969.gif

May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A shame the show never consistently reached the heights of its good episodes. The show often was unable to get guests that hadn't been in the media post football, the Jacko episode was a last ditch effort to get the show back in the spotlight.

Episodes towards the end just lacked the intrigue and insight into interesting stories, and probably relied on headline grabbing incidents in the players career or money questions.

Ten best episodes were Barnes, Kink, A Stoneham, Walls, Scarlett, Platten, Modra, Lloyd, Blight and Boyd.

Back