Sound the Alarm

and finally Q4 (complete with censoring )

"I think we're gonna win it!!" Dimma

"There a good team aren't they...They're a good team" Cameron

Some good stuff in this one. Maureen punching the air gets me everytime.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers

10 goals up, last quarter, Grand Final

"Raise the fight please"

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Only weird thing about this is it's meant to be an inside look into the coaching boxes but it's 95% highlights and the odd reaction from the box lol

tenor.gif

6ixesAND7evens

*knows the Secret of Monkey Island*
Mar 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wichita State Shockers
That was probably the best of the four, really gets you fired up again watching it.

I also imagine Dimma later on that night at the dinner table with his family going “RAISE THE FIGHT!!, I don’t want anything left on our plates or it’s no dessert.”

Last edited:

dusty1234!

2017 2019 2020
Jan 14, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
Im glad that some emotion was showed in this installment. Find it pretty poor from AFL. makes it look like Dimma is a boring coach who just tells the players to "raise the fight please".

Agree with others, episode 4 saved the series. Wasn't offering much at all compared to the 2018 version (which I thought was brilliant) - although I imagine it would have been hard to get something out of a game that was over 5 minutes in to the 2nd quarter.

CotchNCo

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2012
Boston, USA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Arsenal
Agree with others, episode 4 saved the series. Wasn't offering much at all compared to the 2018 version (which I thought was brilliant) - although I imagine it would have been hard to get something out of a game that was over 5 minutes in to the 2nd quarter.

Should've just been put out as a 20 minute video. Breaking it up actually hurt it.

chriso11

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Amazing viewing. Literally watched it 3 times, great to see the bond Dimma has with his players and coaching team, and leadership he shows. It’s really not easy being a leader of that caliber. could teach a thing or 2 to the pollies

Some respect for GWS watching that too, actually feel bad for Cameron, he comes across as a mix of really good bloke and a bit deer in the headlights

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
"raise the fight" must have been some sort of theme for that match or the finals series specifically, for Dimma to say it so often and for them to actually use it so often in this special. 4th part was very good, the rest were a bit "meh" but OK... if it was all released as a full thing, it would have been a lot more enjoyable, I think... I re-watched it all instead of watching 4 when it came out and it was fairly enjoyable. Watching them separately left not much of a desire to see the next.

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
"raise the fight" must have been some sort of theme for that match or the finals series specifically, for Dimma to say it so often and for them to actually use it so often in this special. 4th part was very good, the rest were a bit "meh" but OK... if it was all released as a full thing, it would have been a lot more enjoyable, I think... I re-watched it all instead of watching 4 when it came out and it was fairly enjoyable. Watching them separately left not much of a desire to see the next.
'Raise the fight' is Dimma's go to phrase in the last few years. Essentially means raise the intensity around the contest; tackling/physical pressure. The whole point is to put the boys on the alert that we can't allow the oppo team easy clearances to get back into the match.

Back