Preview 2nd Preliminary Final: Brisbane Lions vs Geelong Cats @ The Gabba, Sat Oct 17th, 6:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can see why CEY over Kiddy.. Although I leave Coleman in.
I’d have both in the side.

It might be wrong in this instance, but I have noticed that in the past, the Lions ‘prepare the ground’ for a selection change in the media before hand. This makes this article quite interesting:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/518207

Last edited:

Coleman provides more implied pressure with his speed and can tackle hard enough. Don't think CEY has been effective enough in the midfield against 'smaller' bodied teams to warrant a change in the side.

Coleman provides more implied pressure with his speed and can tackle hard enough. Don't think CEY has been effective enough in the midfield against 'smaller' bodied teams to warrant a change in the side.
Yep, it's not all about raw stats, Keidean puts on pressure that has players looking over their shoulder for him, great trait to have after only a handful of games.

If you watch the replay of the Richmond game you will see how quickly Coleman structures up when we don't have the footy. His quick speed and discipline prevented a significant number of 45 kicks through the corridor.
I don't disagree about Coleman and think he would be unlucky to miss, and I am for the young guys getting a go, but believe they will go for CEY for the larger body and experience, but again think Coleman would be unlucky

I don't disagree about Coleman and think he would be unlucky to miss, and I am for the young guys getting a go, but believe they will go for CEY for the larger body and experience, but again think Coleman would be unlucky
No change I think which hurts me coz of Answerth.....Kiddy has shown he is also adept in the back half at NEAFL level...which could come in handy tomorrow.

We got smashed by Geelong last time in the centre, and we were screaming out for a big body in there to stop Dangerfield and Selwood. Cey wasn't playing.

On the other hand Geelong struggles against small forwards, tomorrow might be kiddy's night where he kicks 3 and is the difference.

I don't think there's an incorrect decision here, it depends if the coaching staff think there has been improvement from our bigger mids from last time we played, that we can break even with them in the centre. If so kiddy plays, if not cey plays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we will bring in CEY, unless we swap him out for a mifielder then he will just be taking minutes away from Berry which is just defeating the purpose. Plus pretty sure the last few times he came in, Yeoman hasn't really one that much.

I wouldn't bring in CEY, but if he does play I would assume it would be Berry spending much more time on a wing running with the elite Cats wings (not a defensive job per se, but a recognition of his running power) with Bailey spending correspondingly more time up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back