Swooper18

All Australian
Dec 22, 2008
South Yarra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Since there's no movement regarding membership conversations for 2021, I'll commence proceedings. I have renewed my club membership for 2021 tonight. The sooner that club members are able to pay up now, it will keep the club stable for the months that follow. I chose to pay a month early before my membership fees rolled over next month.

Last edited:

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
Since there's no movement regarding membership conversations for 2021, I'll commence proceedings. I have renewed my club membership for 2021 tonight. The sooner that club members are able to pay up now, will keep the club stable for the months that follow. I chose to pay a month early before my membership fees rolled over next month.

I don’t think the club is short of a dollar. Will be interesting when the Financials are released.

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
mine will roll over.

I have asked the club to clarify re 2020 Legends and also 2021. We should have at least received the reserved seat Component of the Membership refunded.

MCC at least has offered a discount to members. I think I saved around $200 or $300.

I have asked the club to clarify re 2020 Legends and also 2021. We should have at least received the reserved seat Component of the Membership refunded.

MCC at least has offered a discount to members. I think I saved around $200 or $300.
Yeah. They should have done what AFL membership did. 30% off 2021 membership.

but seems we only get the badge and pin for our pledging the whole amount lol

sloth6

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2006
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood

Couldn’t agree more. Happy to pay the membership component but the reserved seats - that should be taken off the 2021 payments.

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
Yeah. They should have done what AFL membership did. 30% off 2021 membership.

but seems we only get the badge and pin for our pledging the whole amount lol

This is an example of why our membership doesn’t grow.

this year was a great opportunity to properly say thank you and encourage people to retain membership.

The club are changing sponsors. Why not offer each Legends member a free jumper.

Sometimes I do not really understand why the club is so short sighted.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think mine is automatically rolling over. I paid in full for 2020 and still have no idea where my personalised keepsake and whatever was promised months ago for the hardships of 2020 is though. Bit of a shame.

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
I think mine is automatically rolling over. I paid in full for 2020 and still have no idea where my personalised keepsake and whatever was promised months ago for the hardships of 2020 is though. Bit of a shame.

The club had no problem assuming that everyone wanted to retain their 2020 membership. Silence they took as affirmation.

But when it comes to giving something back to the members, silence means you get nothing. They make you nominate.

The club did a wonderful job of sending out plenty that we could purchase. I was like, well with that $900 i could buy three or four of those lol etc.

Pies_10

Premiership Player
May 29, 2007
Rosebud,Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Baltimore Ravens
Wonder if we'll get reserved seats next year. I'm a legends member will be keen to see if its game by game rather than the season.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
The club had no problem assuming that everyone wanted to retain their 2020 membership. Silence they took as affirmation.

But when it comes to giving something back to the members, silence means you get nothing. They make you nominate.

The club did a wonderful job of sending out plenty that we could purchase. I was like, well with that $900 i could buy three or four of those lol etc.

Sorry should have mentioned that I did nominate and pledge all my membership money to the club when that pledging period came around. That was what needed to be done as far as I recall.
They certainly did give us plenty of things to purchase!

Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
My membership and that of my son has rolled. That's about $1500 the club can count on in 2021 in addition to 2020.

But I think the club could have done more to recognise those who paid in full in 2020 and got no access to games/reserved seats for their membership.
I think a partial rebate to those who paid in full in 2020 would have been a more appropriate reflection of appreciation for the support. It would hardly have broken the bank of a club which has adequate membership and sponsorship levels and also has a reduction in expenses mandated by the AFL in 2021.

The "We've listened" message while offering a pin for each decade of membership (which I already got one last year) and our "best scarf ever" (I have 1 from each of the last 10 years and still just one neck to wear them around) is a miserable way to excite members and show the club cares and has listened. It clearly lacks imagination. I also think that hitting us up with an email, just a week out from a finals drubbing, was untimely to deliver this miserly offering.

To me, the most exciting and progressive element of the membership email was the recognition that the club will endeavour to reduce the single-use plastic in the packs.

Failing a financial discount, I think a signed new jumper with a new sponsor or something else might have been a relatively cost efficient way of providing recognition.

At the time of offering discounts in 2020, the club was less than transparent about implications for 2021 or even how much the admin fee for processing a refund would cost. Clearly other clubs handled it better. Then about 6 weeks ago, the club has written to members suggesting that 2020 membership caps could be collected or posted at some stage, essentially once the season was already over, while lamenting that the cost of posting out the caps was not something they had budgeted on. To me this was another slap in the face. I felt like I had received very little for my membership fees and have hardly been enamoured with the off field decision making of many of our club's leaders (nor some of our on field performances). Please CFC don't complain about the $5 it will cost you to send a couple of caps to me. In fact, save yourself the postage money and don't bother sending me another cap, once our season is done, in any case.

I have no doubt that this has been a trying season for many within the club, but I think that some of the people in the Membership department can also be let go along with some of our senior coaching staff after another disappointing performance in 2020. Each lacks imagination and an ability to execute.

I am in admiration of the vision which Richmond has had for its club and the way it has executed on its plans.

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
My membership and that of my son has rolled. That's about $1500 the club can count on in 2021 in addition to 2020.

But I think the club could have done more to recognise those who paid in full in 2020 and got no access to games/reserved seats for their membership.
I think a partial rebate to those who paid in full in 2020 would have been a more appropriate reflection of appreciation for the support. It would hardly have broken the bank of a club which has adequate membership and sponsorship levels and also has a reduction in expenses mandated by the AFL in 2021.

The "We've listened" message while offering a pin for each decade of membership (which I already got one last year) and our "best scarf ever" (I have 1 from each of the last 10 years and still just one neck to wear them around) is a miserable way to excite members and show the club cares and has listened. It clearly lacks imagination. I also think that hitting us up with an email, just a week out from a finals drubbing, was untimely to deliver this miserly offering.

To me, the most exciting and progressive element of the membership email was the recognition that the club will endeavour to reduce the single-use plastic in the packs.

Failing a financial discount, I think a signed new jumper with a new sponsor or something else might have been a relatively cost efficient way of providing recognition.

At the time of offering discounts in 2020, the club was less than transparent about implications for 2021 or even how much the admin fee for processing a refund would cost. Clearly other clubs handled it better. Then about 6 weeks ago, the club has written to members suggesting that 2020 membership caps could be collected or posted at some stage, essentially once the season was already over, while lamenting that the cost of posting out the caps was not something they had budgeted on. To me this was another slap in the face. I felt like I had received very little for my membership fees and have hardly been enamoured with the off field decision making of many of our club's leaders (nor some of our on field performances). Please CFC don't complain about the $5 it will cost you to send a couple of caps to me. In fact, save yourself the postage money and don't bother sending me another cap, once our season is done, in any case.

I have no doubt that this has been a trying season for many within the club, but I think that some of the people in the Membership department can also be let go along with some of our senior coaching staff after another disappointing performance in 2020. Each lacks imagination and an ability to execute.

I am in admiration of the vision which Richmond has had for its club and the way it has executed on its plans.

A pic was posted on twitter from the club website and no discounts will be offered for 2021.

That is totally out of line with the mcc and afl members. Hopefully other clubs offer discounts and expose our club for this decision.

Legends' renewal for my son and I came in the mail today. They're saying the years of service recognition will be every decade-a pin and iron-on patch. The complication is that tonight we both received emails saying we are now AFL Gold members. I've carried them both because of guaranteed GF seats with Legends' membership, but with the increase in AFL dues for Gold the Legends may have to go. We obviously have the Collingwood Club Support with our AFL memberships.

PIEWITHSAUCE

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have received no correspondence other than asking for more buys - anything that was a sorta thanks had a catch of some kind...........some of the mail from the club addressed to my 12yo son has been ridiculous. My wife was all set to ring up and blast them but I convinced her not to bother.

Auspost can take 2 months to drive something 5kms at the moment so maybe there is something out there in Auspostland from the CFC that's a more sincere thanks for our "donation".

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
Legends' renewal for my son and I came in the mail today. They're saying the years of service recognition will be every decade-a pin and iron-on patch. The complication is that tonight we both received emails saying we are now AFL Gold members. I've carried them both because of guaranteed GF seats with Legends' membership, but with the increase in AFL dues for Gold the Legends may have to go. We obviously have the Collingwood Club Support with our AFL memberships.

The Afl membership is much better value.

Collingwood take our loyalty for granted.

Back