Autopsy AFL 2020 First Preliminary Final - Port v Tigers Fri October 16th 7:50pm AEDT / 7:20pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 81 37.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.9%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • Draw - Port in extra time

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Draw - Richmond in extra time

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are going to be incredible next year and for the next 10 years if they play their cards right. Dursma, Butter, Rozzee are ******* incredible players. Wouldnt be suprised if Dodorio asks for 1 of those players and a first rounder for Fantasia

Port were the fourth-oldest team this year through h&a. Yes they have some top talent coming through but they will lose a few at the other end. Westhoff, Ebert apparently, Gray is 33 next season and Boak not far behind. Rockiff 31, Hartlett 30, Dixon 30, Jonas 30, Motlop 30. And at 54, Hinkley himself is at an age where even great coaches begin to experience less success.

This was their year to strike, the end of a long Hinkley journey that promised a lot in 2013-14 but has been marked by underachievement in the middle.

Class from Port fans when you are beaten by a better team with the support of the umps and you still collectively Boo at the end instead of bowing out gracefully shows you guys really are the f***** Collingwood of Interstate sides
Let it go.. we have ferals as well, every club has em. No need to paint them all with the same brush.

Hawthorn of yesteryear would have been mumbling in the corner under that amount of pressure. No disrespect To the hawks who l admire immensely, it’s a different game, please stop the broken record speeches of skills from yesteryear.

Mate, we were told by all and sundry that we wouldn't be able to handle the manic pressure of the purple haze in 2013. We were told we wouldn't get close to the supreme skill and power of Sydney in 2014. Then we were told we wouldn't be able to penetrate West Coast web in 2015. Nice to see people are STILL under-rating us :)

Rockliff and Motlop were both awful IMO

There are players who stand up in big finals, and players who go missing.

I think Motlop has had plenty of opportunities and has demonstrated he's in that latter group.

Apart from Hartlett can you expand on the talk all week?
That's a fair call there wasn't much more so I did over sell it. Just feels like the world has been against us the last few weeks so everything I guess feels blown up.
Like I said I like Port nothing changes regardless of some salt in here. I would of went for you next week if you won.

Was Rockliff poor tonight? The other was Boak - did h
tony shaws top 5 on AW 1,nankervis 2.ebert 3.lambert 4.duursma 5.martin WTF:huh:
mcintosh ? rioli ?
I thought that is pretty close. Yep Rioli for Martin or Duirsma maybe but McIntosh was food but not best 5 on ground.
No probs with Nankervis being best and Ebert 2nd, I think the stats would support that. Lambert kicked 2 goals and had 6 tackles. Martin 3rd most possessions, 11 contested and 2 goals.

There are players who stand up in big finals, and players who go missing.

I think Motlop has had plenty of opportunities and has demonstrated he's in that latter group.
He won the final 2 weeks ago.... He won a Showdown too.

He's also played well against us and Adelaide in 2 Finals off the top of my head.

Probably others too. So no, he doesn't go missing in big games. He goes missing in random games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL will no doubt gift them a spot in the GF. Unlucky for the Cats but just wish they block it out and make it atleast a bruising contest and into extra time.

Yeah it's s**t when the AFL manufacture a premiership, isn't it tigers? They might even schedule them 17 games at home, the last 8 at home, an unearned home final or something. Deplorable.

Mate, we were told by all and sundry that we wouldn't be able to handle the manic pressure of the purple haze in 2013. We were told we wouldn't get close to the supreme skill and power of Sydney in 2014. Then we were told we wouldn't be able to penetrate West Coast web in 2015. Nice to see people are STILL under-rating us :)
No one said that.
Ever.
You were heavy favourites in both the freo and west coast games and slight favourites against Sydney.

About as fake tough as they come. Bloke is laughable at how hard he works to try and make himself look tough when everyone knows he's not. Shame they have a couple that make themselves look silly with the carry on as you can't help but have massive respect for them for way they go about it.
Hartlett isn't tough????

Are you all there?

Because Richmond fans here have been so humble and gracious in victory......

Because opposition supporters were always so humble and graceful towards us over the journey.

Yep. Spend time watching 1980s 1990s 2000 games on You Tube, the footy is so much better, but then, if you like this rugby style.... 2020 is sh*t so should Richmond win then the trend continues.

yeah its bloody sad, I could rewatch a random Port vs kangaroos game from say 2008 and enjoy the game more than that prelim, shocking product.

Back