Autopsy AFL 2020 First Preliminary Final - Port v Tigers Fri October 16th 7:50pm AEDT / 7:20pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 81 37.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.9%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • Draw - Port in extra time

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Draw - Richmond in extra time

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to say I was happy for Pickett and the other Rich player to get over to Ebert as he was carried from the ground. Major props to the guy. He finished his carrier in the second best way (from a story point of view) as he was going back with the flight of the ball.

* the supporters who threw a drink at Lynch post game. That is just poor form.

Devastating. NEVER saw this at the start of the season and I'm SO unbelievably proud of every single player out there, bled for it but just didn't have it. Congrats to the Tigers, we'll be back next year.

I genuinely believe you will.

Interesting comment by Ken Hinkley in his presser -- words to the effect "somebody has to go past Richmond at some point, we want it to be us."

I hope we can sustain things for a bit longer yet, but on this year's form the two teams that stand to knock us off the top perch are Port and Brissy. Interesting times ahead for these clubs.

But you still need to take advantage of that opportunity, this was Ports best chance at a flag with the draw they had this year and the 2 home finals.

By my understanding if we finish top next year we will still get two home finals.

I don't see it being much more difficult for us next year, if its back to 22 games we will get one of the "Top 6" draws but that's ok.
The key difference in 2021 will hopefully be that the situation is much easier for others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tough hard slog in trying conditions

Well done to the Tigers. Too many clearances in the second half and arguably should have kicked better and won comfortably. A little more smarter with the footy too.

Kenny and Port a super season. Unearthed some real young talent this year. Feel for Ebey. Been a great servant. Hopefully they don't drop off and go again next year.

Can the umpires wear something else? Pink maybe? White is bland. Get with it Gil.

You do know he played 5 games in 2018 and 11 last year in which he was dropped twice ... so i will stand by my observations and you can keep yours .

He did an ACL in 2018, played 11 games in 2019 while he was recovering from the acl and averaged 19 disposals in both 2018, 2019, and 15 this year as a intercept marking HBF. You're welcome to your observations, they're just wrong.

I would just like to thank the AFL for gifting us 7 games at the MCG to make the 2020 GF. Clearly the venue makes the difference.

Haha I'd be equally smug right now if I were in your shoes.

If you win it this year it would easily be the most impressive of the 3, without doubt.

Back