Game Day Preliminary Final, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 16 long years since our last Prelim, ironically against Geelong.

Despite our youngish list, who knows when we'll be back here again. Let's make the most of it.

Go Lions.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

LN.jpg

"We know who you are. We know what you want. If you are looking for an easy win, we can tell you we don't lose easily, and we have a very particular set of personnel. Personnel we have acquired over long footy off-seasons. Personnel that make us a nightmare for teams like yours. If you let your dreams fade now, that'll be the end of it. We will defeat you, but we will not humiliate you....but if you don't, we will hunt you down, we will hunt you in packs and we will annihilate you."

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D

It feels like only months ago that in the lead up to a Lions game, the result was never in doubt. We were going to lose. Us supporters were just looking for little glimpses from our new draftees that were thrown into the deep end because we had no depth. Stagnant ball movement, fumbles, missed targets, oppositions slicing us up through the middle with ease. Hearing the other team's song at the end, with that familiar feeling of 'oh well, maybe some day we'll improve'.

Yet here we are. Game day. Preliminary final at the Gabba. A team full of heart, skill and excitement. A coach that is the envy of 17 other clubs.

I'm so damn proud of these boys. I wish I could be there in person to scream and cheer them on. If you're lucky enough to be there tonight, make sure our mighty Lions hear you!

Almost 4:00am and I still can’t sleep! Excited, nervous, almost feels like Christmas Eve when I was a kid. Hopefully the boys deliver us all a nice present with a win over the catters.
“to sleep – to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's the rub”

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

View attachment 987360

"We know who you are. We know what you want. If you are looking for an easy win, we can tell you we don't lose easily, and we have a very particular set of personnel. Personnel we have acquired over long footy off-seasons. Personnel that make us a nightmare for teams like yours. If you let your dreams fade now, that'll be the end of it. We will defeat you, but we will not humiliate you....but if you don't, we will hunt you down, we will hunt you in packs and we will annihilate you."

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D
Posted at 1:55 am. Looks like Sausages is back on the ‘glass barbie’. Should be a wild night tonight.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like only months ago that in the lead up to a Lions game, the result was never in doubt. We were going to lose. Us supporters were just looking for little glimpses from our new draftees that were thrown into the deep end because we had no depth. Stagnant ball movement, fumbles, missed targets, oppositions slicing us up through the middle with ease. Hearing the other team's song at the end, with that familiar feeling of 'oh well, maybe some day we'll improve'.

Yet here we are. Game day. Preliminary final at the Gabba. A team full of heart, skill and excitement. A coach that is the envy of 17 other clubs.

I'm so damn proud of these boys. I wish I could be there in person to scream and cheer them on. If you're lucky enough to be there tonight, make sure our mighty Lions hear you!
brilliantly written - so true

Love Fagan - we are not concentrating on the end result we are concentrating on the process. Win every moment and the result takes care of itself. That sentiment is how we win today. Win each battle and the war will be ours. I think that is what we learned last year and beating Richmond this year. don't focus on the result, just do our job and we won't choke up and climb inside out shell. Play our game and be bold.

God it would be so good to play in the 'big dance' this year.

So exciting!!! How far have we come in such a short space of time. No matter what happens tonight we can be proud again and know that next year we will give it another huge crack with the young super talented guys in our list coming of age.

My hope for today i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back