Autopsy AFL 2020 First Preliminary Final - Port v Tigers Fri October 16th 7:50pm AEDT / 7:20pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 81 37.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.9%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • Draw - Port in extra time

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Draw - Richmond in extra time

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimma after the game made a good point, said if the opposition marks in our forward like the chance of them scoring increases by 50%, so jack and Tom just bringing it to ground especially when they are outnumbered are doing their role.
I heard him say that, but was wondering if it was to do with Port’s ability to generate scoring from that mark, the weather and conditions on the night and their impact, or Richmonds regular season ability to be scored against. Definitely an interesting stat that I’ve never heard before.

I heard him say that, but was wondering if it was to do with Port’s ability to generate scoring from that mark, the weather and conditions on the night and their impact, or Richmonds regular season ability to be scored against. Definitely an interesting stat that I’ve never heard before.
Think it’s a general thing not just port. I think port are actually 18th at generating scores from their defensive 50. They are clearance kings and generate most scores that way, which just made our 2nd half clearance domination all the more meritorious.

Think it’s a general thing not just port. I think port are actually 18th at generating scores from their defensive 50. They are clearance kings and generate most scores that way, which just made our 2nd half clearance domination all the more meritorious.
I’m not sure the regular season stat would be relevant then, based on how Richmond have improved so dramatically with clearances (and no doubt other parts of your game). Good tough win, the team did all the right things at the right time, you should be very proud.

Struggled early but still had a crack second half in a fierce game where every player has his ups and downs due to the constant pressure.
Given the pressure we've seen in all finals I'd much rather have Markov and his line-breaking speed. Pickett was so fumbly

Did I seriously see a Richmond player not worry about moving the ball forward quickly to instead sook to the umpire about not getting a free kick for a player not making any contact with him? What a bunch of ******* sooks.
Vic bias , MCG bias, cant win away from the mcg

That’s the best read ever.
Can’t stop laughing at the whinging!
You can really tell when people have no idea about playing footy, Footy in the wet is not rocket science!
Well done to both sides but Port just tumbled for the oldest trick ever in those conditions.
Hopefully Ebert is ok long term been that type of player for a long time, great player.
Also another game yet again to show supercoach nerds why disposal numbers are irrelevant to the results of games.
Channel 7 just reported the concussion forced him into retirement

Channel 7 just reported the concussion forced him into retirement
s**t.He’s had a lot of them the poor bugger I hope he has no long term effects, bloody tough player.

Think it’s fair to say.. if anyone in the AFL was going to get that sort of treatment T.Lynch would be high on my wishlist. Absolute d*ckhead of the highest order.
Only a few years ago no one had a problem with Byron Pickett knocking guys the * out every week. Even Jeremey Cameron has been rubbed out for big weeks for taking defenceless guys out in packs with his elbows and knocking them out, but no one has a problem with him. But Lynch.. He pushed the back of someone's head! What a monster. He gently put his knee on someone's shoulder - the horror! And he gave someone a tummy tap just like the Port player did last night, which no one will give a s**t about because it was so completely harmless. If Lynch played for a cellar dweller, and people weren't all hysterical due to covid, no one would even notice what he does

I'm not sure what game you guys were watching, reiwoldt struggled to mark a slippery ball but played well imo. He's a definite start
I think some people still don't understand his role. It's to bring the ball to ground in 2-1s or 3-1s. Anyone who thinks it's easy to do that just rewatch Chol giving up marks constantly against Brisbane!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah another good point, lots of faux tough guy theatrics after kicking goals from Port- and running 20 metres away from your teammates to big note yourself in front of an opposition player after a goal- you could have stopped the game right there, already lost in Port's head.

Geelong (well Danger particularly) I noticed has been very calm after goals, Brisbane more into muscle flexing. Let's see how it turns out tomorrow.
Good point. You can't buy experience. I just have a feeling Geelong, after all those prelim losses, have a steely will about them this finals, and might knock off the Bears, who seem to be getting a little bit ahead of themselves.

You have to give credit when credit is due, just saw footage of Tom Lynch getting sprayed with rum and coke and then not long after consoling a young shattered Port fan.... well done Tom Lynch, his on field actions have understandably drawn some ire but as would be the case with almost all divisive players, off field he is more than likely a great guy.

Hard to watch game at times, Richmond really love the low scoring slog fests. Did Port know that they don't have to bomb the ball to a huge pack down the line every time yeah? Just wasted oppurtunitys. Then having that ******** cotchin interviewed afterwards was like salt in the wounds for Port supporters
No idea. absolutely none.

Only a few years ago no one had a problem with Byron Pickett knocking guys the fu** out every week. Even Jeremey Cameron has been rubbed out for big weeks for taking defenceless guys out in packs with his elbows and knocking them out, but no one has a problem with him. But Lynch.. He pushed the back of someone's head! What a monster. He gently put his knee on someone's shoulder - the horror! And he gave someone a tummy tap just like the Port player did last night, which no one will give a sh*t about because it was so completely harmless. If Lynch played for a cellar dweller, and people weren't all hysterical due to covid, no one would even notice what he does
Agree. I think we've gone too far the other way. People 12 years a go actually defended Barry Hall saying the league was too harsh. And while Lynch is pushing it at times the hysterical reaction around him is insane. Can't understand it.
Cotchins tackle the other week was far more dangerous and potentially warranted suspension if anyone was going

Only a few years ago no one had a problem with Byron Pickett knocking guys the fu** out every week. Even Jeremey Cameron has been rubbed out for big weeks for taking defenceless guys out in packs with his elbows and knocking them out, but no one has a problem with him. But Lynch.. He pushed the back of someone's head! What a monster. He gently put his knee on someone's shoulder - the horror! And he gave someone a tummy tap just like the Port player did last night, which no one will give a sh*t about because it was so completely harmless. If Lynch played for a cellar dweller, and people weren't all hysterical due to covid, no one would even notice what he does
Its has been a simple case contagious hysteria. Driven by media repetition.

Rfc must be rapt with getting Lynch and his output in these 2 years.

Blaming umpires and bad kicking Port come on.There was umpire calls on both sides laughable and tigers missed a few shots to.

6.4 Vs 6.10 I think we know who missed more shots...

fu** the umps!
GG, dont blame the umps on this one, it was a hard fought game that could've gone either way,

I think the main difference was mental state of the players,
tigers been there done it, Port learning and will/ should be monsters next year.
Port, kicked some great goals and brought the pressure. One bounce left or right and the game could've been different.
See you next year.

Hinkley: i dont judge the umpires. It is a high pressure game for them too. we lost the game, it wasnt lost on one decision.

journo baiting hinkley, Ken didn't buy it. For someone who just lost a prelim he was calm, measured and mature, didn't give the media what they wanted. That's someone who must be respected.

yeah another good point, lots of faux tough guy theatrics after kicking goals from Port- and running 20 metres away from your teammates to big note yourself in front of an opposition player after a goal- you could have stopped the game right there, already lost in Port's head.

Geelong (well Danger particularly) I noticed has been very calm after goals, Brisbane more into muscle flexing. Let's see how it turns out tomorrow.
Port have always carried on like knobs, remember the way Cornes and Tredders carried on in the prelim that got em to the 2007 GF? And the rest is history 😂.

I think if Port won they would have limped into the Grand Final. Injuries and a young team beaten up in the wet.

Tigers spent less tickets tonight.

I think if port won it wouldve been because of the week off. But richmond won, and it'll be "because they've played 2 games in 2 weeks"

Back