Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not uncommon. When it was obvious my dad wasn't going to make it, they moved him out of ICU to a more palliative ward for the last 24 hours. Makes sense - quieter and more calm for the family, frees up ICU bed.
Yeh palliative wards are common in all major hospitals.

Depressing places to visit if your parents / grandparents are in them but they make sense.

Yeh palliative wards are common in all major hospitals.

Depressing places to visit if your parents / grandparents are in them but they make sense.

My daughter did her first placements for nursing in one. She was first on the scene for 2 deaths. One had relatives who had just walked in. She called for assistance and checked for vital signs but wasn't allowed to say anything to the relatives, had to stand there and wait for the head nurse to arrive.

I read that the Premier is looking at easing restrictions this Sunday.

Any idea what that could look like?

Not expecting much.

Probably push the 5km limit out.

Hoping to at least get the first indications of an adjusted road map.

I read that the Premier is looking at easing restrictions this Sunday.

Any idea what that could look like?
I am thinking the 5km radius will go out to 20km (which will be a big relief).

Outdoor meetings will go from 5 to 10 people from two households.

Not sure about whether people from another household bubble will be able to come and visit, this is still a high risk activity.

Maybe restaurants and pubs can do some outdoor dining? Other non essential retail such as Harvey Norman, etc still shut.

They have already stated that the Metro / Country hard border will definetly not be removed.

I think the results from Kilmore and Shepparton (so far anyway) will give the government confidence in contact tracing. Both were pretty bad situations when they were revealed but have been controlled well without stay at home restrictions.
I think a large part of this is that country people are a pretty pragmatic lot and will take the necessary steps with minimum of fuss (look at how many turned out to get tested at Shepparton the last two days).

Also country areas are a lot more homogenous in their make up compared to Melbourne Metro which makes it a lot easier to manage in terms of communication, etc.

Outdoor meetings will go from 5 to 10 people from two households.

Not sure how much this helps, my issue is that I can't legally catch up with 2 mates since we all live separately. So a group of 10, but only from 2 households, doesn't fix that for a lot of people. Families with multiple adult children for example.

Not sure how much this helps, my issue is that I can't legally catch up with 2 mates since we all live separately. So a group of 10, but only from 2 households, doesn't fix that for a lot of people. Families with multiple adult children for example.
Well it will depend how rigidly they enforce the rules.

My guess is the cops will just ensure that people aren't gathering in groups of more than 10 and people are wearing masks.

Be hard in practise to determine how many different households they comprise off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great numbers for Victoria today, considering the 16,381 total tests was the second-highest number in the past week.
Lowest positive test % (0.01) since the 9th of June

When you have states in the US with a positive test rate of 20%, it's terrific numbers.

I am hopeful Victoria will be back to relative normality well before Christmas.

I think the results from Kilmore and Shepparton (so far anyway) will give the government confidence in contact tracing. Both were pretty bad situations when they were revealed but have been controlled well without stay at home restrictions.

Its kind of disgusting , but it feels like metro Melbourne need to use the cops who normally stake out drug dealers and the likes, to stake out the positive Covid19 houses and catch them sneaking out.

Country area's are different.
Everyone in Shepperton probably knows who the ones with Covid are, and if they try to sneak out and go for lunch in a Restaurant , they'll find their remains staked out on an anthill the next day.

Its kind of disgusting , but it feels like metro Melbourne need to use the cops who normally stake out drug dealers and the likes, to stake out the positive Covid19 houses and catch them sneaking out.

Country area's are different.
Everyone in Shepperton probably knows who the ones with Covid are, and if they try to sneak out and go for lunch in a Restaurant , they'll find their remains staked out on an anthill the next day.

Why don't we just have VicPol bash them? They like to do that.

God this gets more pathetic by the day. Sutton is a disgrace and a flat out liar. Multiple emails where he has acknowledged that private security will be used in march then turning up to the inquiry and lying saying he was unaware private security would be used until after the outbreak had begun in may. How can these people just lie. It's taken the age and sky news to bring this to the attention of the inquiry which is run by a woman who lives in a nursing home and the girl asking questions who is still in high school

id be ok with this only if we went straight to step 4 on the roadmap. Every day of lost wages and no family contact is killing people now

How exactly is it killing people now? Agree that people are hurting but I do not see mass death happening.

If it were me, and obvs it is not, I would keep it locked down for October (assuming numbers stay very low) and then Step 4 on November 1.

How exactly is it killing people now? Agree that people are hurting but I do not see mass death happening.

If it were me, and obvs it is not, I would keep it locked down for October (assuming numbers stay very low) and then Step 4 on November 1.

i haven’t worked in months, every day a bit of me dies. But feel free to stay under your blanket as long as you want

Remove this Banner Ad

Back