Rumour RedandBluemour - MFC board trade rumours 2020

Surely no one gives up pick 3 for Hogan.

Quick look at the Freo board and looks like he might be on the move.

Would have back at Melbourne

While I feel sorry for Hogan and his battle with Cancer and family, his latest indiscretions means he is the last person Melbourne need on the list.

He is the last person Melbourne need on their list right now.
Football yes, priorities no.

Has had a bad run with Cancer and his dad, but is a complete fu** up ATM.
Playing wise I’ve been saying we need another key forward for majority of the season. Hogan versatile enough to play up the ground and down back.

No doubt Jesse has had his off field problems, I said back in 2018 for Jesse’s sake he’s better off not going back to Perth with all his mates. Back then (2017) he was dealing With the loss of his dad and cancer himself when he was fairly young, but 4 years have gone by from next season. Getting out of Perth I can see him turning his career around, he was very professional in his training, James Harmes credits Jesse for getting him into AFL standard shape.

I doubt He’ll cost too much on the trade table. I’d have no problem with having him back.

We turfed Jesse because footy wasn't his #1 priority off the field, can't see them backflipping on that.
2018 final against Geelong Jesse was sitting in the coaches box while out for the rest of the season. The coaches weren’t thinking then Jesse doesn’t care about footy. They wanted him part of it.

I think a combination of his mental health at the time, out of contract the following year, Weideman improving, getting May in, led to Melbourne trading him.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Playing wise I’ve been saying we need another key forward for majority of the season. Hogan versatile enough to play up the ground and down back.

No doubt Jesse has had his off field problems, I said back in 2018 for Jesse’s sake he’s better off not going back to Perth with all his mates. Back then (2017) he was dealing With the loss of his dad and cancer himself when he was fairly young, but 4 years have gone by from next season. Getting out of Perth I can see him turning his career around, he was very professional in his training, James Harmes credits Jesse for getting him into AFL standard shape.

I doubt He’ll cost too much on the trade table. I’d have no problem with having him back.
Fair call and I respect your opinion.

But wasn't the Hogan trade about getting him out of Victoria and back to Perth to be with family and friends.

Honestly can't see him coming back to the Dees, and further more, going to Sydney is not the best option for the bloke. He can't keep running from state to state. Would love to see him knuckle down at Freo and get back to what he can do on a footy field.

We need players to bleed for this club again, Hogan is not one of them.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
+100 BRING THE BOY BACK HOME!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Surely it's hard enough dealing with the death of a parent without having a high-profile sporting career and living at the other side of the country to your family and not even being able to go to revs and "blow of some steam!" like everyone else in their *in' 20's goddamn. Then his own cancer too.

He dealt with so much and prior to us turfing him to Freo... he was a still a gun.

Would sign up as a lifetime dees member if we got Jessie back. CARN DEES!!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
+100 BRING THE BOY BACK HOME!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Surely it's hard enough dealing with the death of a parent without having a high-profile sporting career and living at the other side of the country to your family and not even being able to go to revs and "blow of some steam!" like everyone else in their fu**in' 20's goddamn. Then his own cancer too.

He dealt with so much and prior to us turfing him to Freo... he was a still a gun.

Would sign up as a lifetime dees member if we got Jessie back. CARN DEES!!

Don't think Jesse had any issue getting to revs...

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Freo have given zero assurance that he’ll be a Freo player in 2021, so I think it’s just a matter of satisfying a trade and what they can get for him.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have it from a few people,

Hogan will never be back.
Yep, not surprised. If we were happy to push him out the door at the time, I don't we'll be rolling out the welcome mat.

Really do wonder whether we'll see the best of him again.. His 2015, 2016 and 2018 form was right up there with the best forwards in the game, especiallyhow young he was still.
Its a long shot, but i do hope he gets his life back in order because a fit Jesse Hogan is good to watch in full flight regardless who he's playing for.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep, not surprised. If we were happy to push him out the door at the time, I don't we'll be rolling out the welcome mat.

Really do wonder whether we'll see the best of him again.. His 2015, 2016 and 2018 form was right up there with the best forwards in the game, especiallyhow young he was still.
Its a long shot, but i do hope he gets his life back in order because a fit Jesse Hogan is good to watch in full flight regardless who he's playing for.
Yep, he's 25 now when most players are entering their prime, and maturity.

Not necessarily saying it was the wrong thing to do getting a girl over for a root, but it was incredibly stupid, even more so when you're a publicity mega target at the best of times.

Nevertheless, he won't ever be running around wearing the red and blue again.

Back